Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I don't know anything about Westbrook, so I'll have to take your word.

That is a good draft. I'm feeling you on CBs. The Saints have competent CBs, but their top 2-3 were out for almost all year last season. Any team will look bad playing 2nd and 3rd string CBs with guys they signed off the street. Also, a pass rush helps all DBs. I like that you doubled up. Barnett is probably the safest DE that will be there at 11. I think other DEs could be better, but they're bigger gambles. It's like Rankins last year. He wasn't the sexy pick, but he can play. I see Barnett as the same.

I feel like if the Saints want Obi, they have to take him at 32. I'm buying into the hype. Obi, Vaccaro, and Bell would be a good group.

I'm starting to dig Mixon. 2nd is probably where they have to get him. He'd replace Hightower. He would eventually replace Ingram. The Saints are obviously interested as they met with him.

Here's a question: Trading for Butler would mean losing out on Obi or Mixon. Worth it?

2017 Draft Thread

I would really like Butler and I am not sure the way Loomis is going to go with the draft picks. If we don't sign Butler and draft Trubisky at 32 then I would be furious. There is just no way to know how the saints are going to draft or teams in front of them will draft. Butler is the established player that will cost quite a bit. I also think that if the Saints wanted to sign a CB there were plenty out there that doesn't have the first round price tag. If they do sign Butler it will be because he is no doubt definitely the guy they wanted.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

With Butler we know what we are getting. With a drafted Corner you don't , ala Babtist. But it's all a crap shoot . But I do like the idea of a developed player over a developing player at this point with Bree's career closer to end than beginning.

If Trubisky falls that far, I'd be shocked. If Payton thinks he could replace Brees, I would be okay with it. That means they didn't trade for Butler and will have quite a bit of cap space next season. Build a team to achieve with Brees and have something in place when Trubisky takes over.

I understand the QB thing about the need to replace Bree's with Trubisky or Mahommes etc. but really the QBs coming out this year are not quality franchise players. Next years crop are better. And if we don't drastically improve our defense this draft, we will have a top 5 pick in 2018. It's win now with Bree's and an very much improved defense or total rebuild next year.

Don't get me wrong I love Butler. But we can't sacrifice our future to get better on one player. If they want a 1 next year fine. But this year we have to many holes. And need depth. They want a kings ransom for Butler or the deal would have been done. Like I said I hope we sign him 48 hours before the draft. Then it automatically because a 1st next year if they don't match. Beat the system. This draft is deep at our needs so we must stay put.

I thought teams had until April 21 to offer Butler a contract. The draft is the 27th. I don't know if what you're proposing is possible.

Sheffty reported it. In all honesty I don't know how it works. Maybe if we offer and then he doesn't sign until the 25th.

Butler has to sign tender by April 21 if not he's deal changes with the Pats on how he is paid if he stays a Pat. If there is a trade inside of two days of draft for a 1st Rd tendered player then said pick can come from the following year.

Kiper's latest has the Saints taking Haason Reddick, LB, Temple and Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama. I cannot see the Saints selecting anyone but a pass rusher with the 11th. I get that Reddick had a good Senior Bowl and was a workout warrior at the combine, but I can't see it. I don't know anything about Humphrey.

2017 Draft Thread

I know nothing on reddick besides what I have read about him. I've seen several mock drafts that the Saints are going CB with the second pick but it's always a different name. I'm ok with that or Obi.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Edge Rusher has to be first pick. Cam needs help.

2017 Draft Thread

I would be really surprised if the Saints don't take some sort of edge rusher with the first pick. I will say I would be shocked if they didn't. I can't see another pick that I would be ok with. This is unless someone like Adams falls that far which will not happen or they move up in the draft, but with the need for defensive players I can't see that happening either.

They are making several small moves which is good but they needed to.

Can't disagree with you guys. Lots of edge rushers available, too. Seems like a natural move.

Anything else would be a shock.

I would not be shocked if they take a QB at 32 (if it's not traded) for that 5th year.

Payton on the draft: "I'd like to come out of this draft with a young offensive lineman. We've talked about cornerback. I think it's an outstanding running back class."

We've all speculated about RBs. I think they will try to find a replacement for Hightower.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast