Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    I like what I've read on Obi. He is moving up draft boards quickly, he might not be there in the 2nd. Do we dare take him at 32 if he is there?hmmmmm
    I have never seen him play and highlights can make any S look like Ed Reed but you can't coach his physical abilities. At 32 I would really consider him.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Titans confirm they never offered the 18th pick. Suggested they may have offered a 5th for 11th swap (plus other stuff).
    Do you have a link for that? Wonder if it's still on the table.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Why would it still be on the table? Cooks has been dealt.

I found it on the Saints clubhouse page on ESPN. I believe it was a tweet. It was recapping the Titans' GM from a radio interview.

Read a mock where both Foster and Adams were available at 11. Who do you pick? That mock had the Saints take Foster. I think I'm leaning toward Adams.

Foster , we have more need at MLB

It's hard to argue with you on that. Maybe Nolan can turn Anthony into a competent NFL starter.

With so much money going to Klein, I don't think Foster would be our pick at 11. If he is even there.

Klein is basically on a 3 year/$10M contract. Unless he lives up to the hype, he can be cut after his second season with only $2M of dead cap (versus a $6M cap hit he has for 2019). If he emerges as a great Mike, $6M is a good price. Regardless, I do not think having him means Foster is no longer in player. If Foster is there at 11 and is BPA, I think they would take him. I would love to see some depth at LB.

If Klein is athletic as they say, maybe he can slide over to Will. Might be better to slide him to Sam, if he is moved.
    Last edited by iamaj; 03-15-2017 at 09:59 PM.

A ton of mocks have the Saints taking Obi with the 32nd pick. However, if the Saints sign Butler, the 32nd likely goes back to New England.

This may be the scenario the Saints may be in:
    Trade for Butler then sign him to a contract that is either 4/$54M or 5/$67.5M (I am assuming he will get $13.5M per season. Could be as high as $14M), give up the 32nd pick and likely Obi doesn't fall far enough in the 2nd round.

OR

Hold on to the 32nd pick and have up to 4 seasons of Obi at rate at $2M or less (5th season might cost $6M-$8M, if he plays well) and have greater salary cap flexibility in the future.

I think Butler is independently good, but $13M-14M is a lot of money for a guy who no one considers to be a shutdown CB. Most evaluations rate him as significantly above average, but would pairing a rookie CB with Breaux be the worst idea?

Foster is scheduled for a visit.

Several mock drafts that I have seen has the Saints choosing Barnett out of Tennessess but the 32 is always different this one has the Saints choosing Tre'Davious White LSU. In the third this writer has the Saints taking 2 WR's. Godwin is a big guy with speed so its not a bad pick but Henderson from La Tech is not a pick I would be ok with.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...vers-in-top-10

I hope the Butler mystery is solved soon. I would like to exactly know where we stand draft wise now.

I'm with you. I'm at the point where I would prefer the Saints to keep the 32nd and draft a CB with one of their top 5 picks.

My mock I would love is
    1st round-11th- Derek Barnett DE Tennessee - Reminds me of Cam Jordan. Clean pick that won't cause problems off the field. Will show up and do his job. Jordan,Fairley,Rankings, Barnett will cause problems for years to come. Although 11 may be very tempting to go with Clemson QB Watson or Alabama MLB Foster or maybe even OSU CB Lattimore if he falls. But we should stay safe and pick the most pressing need at Pass Rusher. We are not in a position to go BPA when the last 2 NFC representatives in the Superbowl where from our division. And with a up and coming Tampa Bay team.

1st round-32nd- Obi Melifonwu S/CB UCLA at 6'4" 220 and a combine that he had this should be our pick. Being in a division with 3 other teams who have 3 number 1 WR that are 6'3" Julio,Evans,Benjamin he would fit right in. We are known for 5 Db's on the field. Williams, Breaux, Vaccaro, and Bell will start and Obi can shadow the big fellas. Obi wi go fast in the 2nd round so you must pick him here.

2nd round- Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma SHOCKER ALERT. immediately reading this you said that's to high!!!!! Well not actually. If Mixon keeps his hands to his self he is a tol 25 pick. He is a 3 down back. He is pretty identical to Elliott of the Cowboys. He just turned 18 the day he had the altercation with the girl at the bar. A 18 year old judgement is one of the weakest judgements in the world. And we can capitalize on his mistake to get better before another team pulls the trigger. We went defense in the first two picks so we can cheat at this point for a need of a solid back up RB.

3rd round- Duke Riley OLB LSU If Jabrill Peppers didn't work out with linebackers. This is your fastest linebacker at the combine. Reminds me a lot of Jones from the Atlanta Falcons. Fast scrappy and makes tackle in the gaps. He will also help with coverage so we can leave him on the field.

3rd round- Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma a fast down the field guy that can take the top off of coverage. Another guy who could have went higher if not for character issues. I feel this is a risk more then Mixon. But he is a Cooks type of WR who will eventually replace Ted Ginn. Your WR core of Thomas,Snead,Ginn gave you about 2800 receiving yards last year. Although Ginn was with Panthers. But add in Westbrook you can get a solid 500 out of him in his rookie year on deep balls.

6th Derek Rivers DE Youngstown State is a kid who dominated FCS Tackles. He will be a straight line pin your ears back and go kind of guy but will provide depth at a position of need.

7th Round Greg Pyke G Georgia at 6'5" 310 he is a big guy. This is a depth pick only. I feel you go BPA here. But if you a a position of need that is under the radar it is G. Lelito is gone. So thos is purely a depth pick. But you still go BPA here.

I also based this draft off of the here and now. I know you may be thinking where is the Corner. I have never felt it was the most pressing with Breaux and Williams when healthy. And Obi's versatility helps me over look that. I feel there is more value in what I drafted and I would address CB in Free Agency that way I am certain of what I am getting. I am willing to go Rasul Douglas CB Tennessee if he is there in the 6th it's a extremely deep draft a CB so some one is bound to go undrafted. He is a 6'2" 205 pound kid who works best in zone and covering position receivers. Thoughts?

The first 3 picks are great.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast