Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AJ how do you feel about Donta Hightower. Probably 12 mil plus to sign?

That's a lot of money, but Hightower is a good Mike. Saints haven't had a good Mike in years. $12M might be a bargain. I can see a team over spending for him.

Fairley and Sheard for a combined $16M a year might be more feasible. That and land Foster in the 1st round? That's a solid off-season to me.

It might sound crazy, but I can live with Breaux and Williams as the top CBs with Moore at Nickel. Another safety would be the biggest hole along with depth at LB.
    Last edited by iamaj; 03-06-2017 at 10:49 PM.

2017 Draft Thread

I would be more then ok if the saints wanted to spend on Hightower that guy is a monster. Fairly and Shead at 16 is a lot of money but they do get the dirty work done. That would only work if they do get Foster and not Hightower. The DB's are deep in this draft and the Saints definitely need to grab one or two.

Did you watch the DB's yesterday? Peppers is all muscle dude looks like a super hero. Adams ran a 4.5 but I can live with that. The Obi kid really impressed me.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

The Obi kid is impressive. Tall and fast

Saints were one of four teams to meet privately with Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon before his workout.

2017 Draft Thread

Meeting with Mixon is interesting. I like McCaffrey in the Saints system the more I think of him as a Sproles type or slot WR as opposed to an every down RB. Mixon is no doubt first round talent and could be a steal later in the draft. I would take a chance on him.
    Last edited by Chapin78; 03-08-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

The TE class for this draft is pretty deep. I wouldn't hate the Saints picking up at TE, since I figure this is Fleener's last season unless he blows up. Hooman is a great blocker, but weak in the passing game. I don't have high hopes for Hill.

2017 Draft Thread

I haven't really looked at the TE in this draft. If Fleener could be respectable the Saints would have a excellent corp of offensive options. If not traded they would have Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Ginn, and Coleman that's a solid group. I still like the idea of Mixon but that's me being offensive greedy. Ingram had a solid season minus his fumble and attitude problems he had for a few games. Hightower is a legit backup and I would like to see what they have in Lasco. If Ingram was to go down for a while It wouldn't be the best of situations.

I still think the Saints go pass rusher then DB. In the third if Mixon is there I would be ok with taking him but I highly doubt he's there. If he's gone I stay defense in the third.

Washington CB Sidney Jones went down during his pro day. He has been projected as a 1st round pick and a top CB. That's awful. Feel for the kid.

Saints are visiting Obi.

I like what I've read on Obi. He is moving up draft boards quickly, he might not be there in the 2nd. Do we dare take him at 32 if he is there?hmmmmm

I'd definitely consider him at 32.

Just saw a mock where the Saints take Taco, Obi, CB Quincy Wilson, TE Bucky Hodges, and RB Samaje Perine (Mixon went 12 picks earlier).

That wouldn't be a bad baul, but I would rather see them taken a defender with one of their picks in the 3rd. A LB would be good.

Titans confirm they never offered the 18th pick. Suggested they may have offered a 5th for 11th swap (plus other stuff).

Daniel Jeremiah is a idiot. His latest mock draft is insane.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast