Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2017 Draft Thread

Post draft thoughts here.

2017 Draft Thread

It's hard to think about the draft just yet because there is no combine and we do not even know where we are picking. Once we at least know where we are picking this will get interesting.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Clinched that 11th overall draft pick. Who Dat!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Saints have taken tackles the last two seasons (offense then defense). Both have worked out so far.

Taking Anthony and not landing Deion Jones was a kick in the balls.

If Payton is really traded (which is the best case scenario) that opens the door for us to draft Leonard Fournette in the 1st round. If Payton stays no LSU player will be selected.

Watching Beasley and Jones have success in Atlanta hurts.

The 2016 draft might have been the best one since the 2011 draft. Thomas and Rankins look like quality starters. Onyemata and Bell might be solid rotational players.

Hope the 2017 draft is just as good.

I know i'm absolutely in the minority but if Watson falls I want to take him.

1. unless you have a GREAT run game and Defense, you absolutely need a QB to win and Brees is a year to year guy for the rest of his time here.

2. We are not getting the QB of the future in round 2, 3, or 4.

On another note its been a while since i've been here. This place is a ghost town

2017 Draft Thread

I'm sure after the title game Watson stock has gone up but I don't think he's 11th overall good. I would like to have him as I think he's athletic and somewhat intelligent on his football savy. Other needs are huge for the Saints at this point to get him first round.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

My first choice is edge rusher or a true MLB

And the QB does not have to be watson (although, he is the only one you can justify at that spot) but i would not be mad if we took one.

I just dont ever see us having the type of defense that will win us games. Sure, we can get it to the point where it wont be a liability though. You need a QB. The Alex Smiths of the world just wont do.

Im fine with rolling with Brees for 3 more years....but the Saints dont seem to want to give him a long term deal.

Given Brees' old contract and the cap hit, it was hard to extend him. I could see him getting a 2 year extension this offseason.

After Grayson I am gunshy about a QB in the draft. They didn't scout him well. DE and LB have to be the priorities. DT would be 3rd.

Kiper's 1st mock has the Saints taking Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Given Brees' old contract and the cap hit, it was hard to extend him. I could see him getting a 2 year extension this offseason.

After Grayson I am gunshy about a QB in the draft. They didn't scout him well. DE and LB have to be the priorities. DT would be 3rd.
    I get that

But we got lucky with Brees in FA. That aint happening again.

Also, Grayson was drafted as a project. People are going to fight it but to have a QB we have to invest early at some point. Now, if Watson is not your guy i get it and we have a couple of years to get one.

Maybe we wait untill brees is retired and bottom out. Personally i want out next guy to sit a year or 2 and learn from Drew. Either way we will have to take one in round 1 at some point. A round 3 longshot will not cut it and unless a team has 2 qbs and 1 blows his shoulder out we aint getting one in FA worth a damn.

In his latest mock, McShay has the Saints taking Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan. Walter has the Saints taking *Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee. I really want another pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:31451185
    In his latest mock, McShay has the Saints taking Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan. Walter has the Saints taking *Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee. I really want another pass rusher.
    Taco lol
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast