Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    From what I can tell, the news of Foster failing the test was broken today.

2017 Draft Thread

I just saw that about Foster and the drug test. That's gonna hurt his stock.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I also just read that Foster may have surgery on his shoulder before the draft. He may slip to the 2nd round with that plus the drug test, plus the shouting with the hospital worker.

Less then a week away from the draft gentlemen!
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Yep, the draft is coming. You Whodats going to be in the forum that night ?

I'll probably be around. I will be rooting for teams to take QBs, so the Saints can have a lot of options at 11. Maybe SF takes a QB, then Cleveland trades up from 12 to take another one. That pressures a team like the Jets, Bears or Bills into taking one.

I can dream.

I'll be floating around too Sams
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I will be around on this board for draft night most definitely. I will be at a bar with my buddies like we do every year.

That's true AJ a run on QB's would be an ideal situation to see who can fall in the draft. That can cause a number of events like the Texans can get in the mix and trade up as well. If there is a run on any offensive players before the Saints pick its a best case scenario. I like where the Saints are at and should stay put and not really get involved in trades unless some team blows them away on a deal.

In addition to the 2-3 QBs who could possibly go in the top 10, teams taking Christian McCaffrey, Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Mike Williams or O.J Howard helps. All it takes is one team to trigger a run on offense. Teams can talk themselves into the line of thinking that "Hey, defense is deep in this draft, we need to get this QB/RB(we need our Ezekiel Elliott)/WR".

Walter's latest mock was interesting:

11: Taco (Barnett went to Cincinnati at 9)
    32: Tre'Davious White (Obi went to Seattle at 26)
    42: Jabrill Peppers
    76: Brad Kaaya
    103: Duke Riley

Never really considered Peppers. Not sure how his game would transition to the NFL. I haven't looked into Kaaya, but not crazy about another QB in the 3rd round considering how the last one worked out. If the Saints land a QB, I could live with Pat Mahomes at 32 (if he falls that far and if Obi is gone. Seems like he would fit with Payton) or Josh Dobbs (not sure how early I would take him. I would take him over Kaaya in the 3rd, if that's the route they want to go). I haven't researched QBs much. You guys have any that you like?

Also, since I am not a LSU guy, which LSU player that declared for the draft is worth getting? This mock has the Saints taking 2, and that might be a franchise record.

I like Mahommes and Webb.

2017 Draft Thread

Today is the day. Another reason I don't like McShay is he has the Saints taking Charles Harris of Missouri which I will be honest I've never heard of him and Mahomes at 32. That is quite possibly worst case scenario for the Saints. I just got that from watching espn this morning. Why couldn't espn fire McShay yesterday???

McShay and Kiper are idiots

At 11 I would be happy with Barnett, Foster, or, to a lesser extent, Taco. I imagine one would be there.

At 32 I would be happy with Obi, White, or, to a lesser extent, Mahomes. Not sure if any of them will be there. If a team wanted to trade up with the Saints to land a QB, I'm fine with that, if Obi is off the board.
    Last edited by iamaj; 04-27-2017 at 01:57 PM.

With all the talk of QB's going higher that's great news for the Saints. I hope that each of the top QB's go in the top 10.

AJ I think that Barnett or Foster will be available at 11. Obi and White not sure at 32 it all depends on what other teams do and if there is a run on DB's at some point in the round. I am hoping that teams start going offense so another player can drop to the Saints.

Offensive players that will go somewhere in the first and this is my plan for the 32 pick. This is just a guess on my part because nothing in the NFL draft is certain but these are 13 guys that I have seen in one way or another as a 1st round pick. Its a defensive heavy draft so with luck White would fall to 32 but I do think that Obi will be there. There could be some player that surprises us somewhere in the draft as well.

QB
    M Trubisky
    D Watson
    P Mahomes

RB
    L Fournette
    D Cook
    C McCafferey

TE
    OJ Howard
    D Njoku

WR
    M Williams
    C Davis
    J Ross

OL
    K Lamp
    G Bolles

A few teams are interested in our 32 pick because the 1st picks I think get 5th year options

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast