Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Te'o is signing with the Saints. Hope it is for the minimum. Maybe he is just for depth.

The Saints needed a Mike, but after Klein and T'eo, I'm still not sure they have one. I would feel better if they paid less for Klein, but his deal isn't awful. Anything more than the minimum for T'eo is a bad move.

I just saw that Teo was close to signing too. For depth I guess thats good if he signed for the minimum. So as of now they have Ellerbe, Craig Robertson, Stephone Anthony. Manti Teo and Aj Klein. I really hope Klein turns out to be more then someone on the bench. This group is far from the Dome Patrol.

I did find this gem that breaks down everything on the Butler deal. It explains the scenarios to get Butler in the Black and Gold. At the end of the day with NE the Saints sent Cooks and a Fourth rounder for Butler and a Third rounder. It breaks down that Butler was the 4th best CB and 3rd best cover corner in 2016. He and Breaux on the outside I could live with. Even though Breaux gets a little too handsy at times hes still a legit CB.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...tedly-in-place
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

T'eo on a two year deal. I'm guessing the Saints really want Robertson to play special teams again. This might actually be a special teams signing because I think this helps that unit more than the defense.

Resigned Sterling Moore

Well from the free agents we have signed. I am getting the feeling we may draft dang near anybody. So expect the unexpected!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sams:31527584
    Resigned Sterling Moore
    I'm good with this. He's probably cheap and is a good nickel/backup.

The Saints have been very active in private workouts, interviews, visits by far the most I can remember. We could go BPA but I hope we stick to the majority of the defensive side of the ball. Whodat!

They did not find a pass rusher in free agency. Okafor is probably an upgrade over who they had, but I don't think he's the answer. Even if they land Butler (I am torn on how I feel about it, but I am leaning toward being against getting him), they still need to think pass rusher first unless it is like the 2015 draft where they were forced to go BPA in the 1st round.

T'eo's cap hit this season will be $1.8M with $600K guaranteed. Still think that's too much money, but they can part ways with him after the season with no cap penalty.

I think he is basically Klein's back up. I don't think he plays special teams, but he will keep special teamers from being plugged into the defense.
    Last edited by iamaj; 03-23-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Restructured Armstead contract a little. It added another 4 million to Cap money. Sean talking to Manziel. Please no.

We gonna have to wait for the draft to close this butler deal???

I'm starting to get a tid bit excited about our D but not gonna get ahead of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    Restructured Armstead contract a little. It added another 4 million to Cap money. Sean talking to Manziel. Please no.
    IMO opinion no chance!!!! Like the cap space move

Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    Resigned Sterling Moore
    I like!!!

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast