Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    They could use a good kick returner, even if more and more kickoffs result in touchbacks. Also, if Ginn runs clear out routes, Cooks can be used better. Might keep him from getting pissy.

If Cooks gets dealt I think it will be a draft day deal to someone who is going to slightly overpay if there draft isn't going well. I think there is a deal out there that will catch us all by surprise. Something crazy like Jax wanting a playmaker for Bortles, Titans which we heard of already, Bills who need a WR, Browns who need just about everything even with signing Britt, Ravens Flacco's arm and Cooks speed would be crazy, and the Rams who could use weapons for Goff and they lost Britt. I am just randomly putting things out there these are just wild thought. The deal would have to be sweet for me to want to move on from Cooks.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Financial terms still not out for Warford and Ginn, but we do know that Warford got 4 years and Ginn got 3.

Apparently Warford got $34M over 4 years with $17M guaranteed. That's amazing! I was expecting him to get close to $10M a season!

Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    Very curious. Hoooooooonnnnnnnnn !!!!!!

Yooooo. I got locked out of my account and had to ask a bunch of people how to get back in. I made it. I'm back

Interesting LB situation brewing as well

The Klein deal got a D from Walter. No surprise. $5M a season is a lot from a guy who spent his career as a back up. I am hopeful because he is athletic and good against the run. I don't think he offers a lot in coverage.

AJ don't put to much faith in Walter he is rarely correct.

I've generally observed him being correct, and he tends to be correct in player valuation. I have gotten some useful information from his site before. He does lack some of the information you get from exclusively following a team.

Regardless, the Saints need a free agent class to pan out. Can't have any more busts. Browner, Spiller, Byrd, and Fleener were enough.
    Last edited by iamaj; 03-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.

I just read something on Bleacher Report. May be Cooks and our 2nd for Butler and there 1st. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    I just read something on Bleacher Report. May be Cooks and our 2nd for Butler and there 1st. Thoughts?
    That's actually not a bad deal, but I would counter with our third.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The Klein deal got a D from Walter. No surprise. $5M a season is a lot from a guy who spent his career as a back up. I am hopeful because he is athletic and good against the run. I don't think he offers a lot in coverage.
    I actually read in an article yesterday when I was trying to find stuff on him that he is supposed to be decent in coverage because of his speed. That is why I think that he can be a steal especially if he turns up for 5 mil.

My major fear is that the Patriots seldom ever give up good players. Usually everyone overrates players because New England is so good. Is Butler a good part of a great scheme or is he independently good and will shine anywhere? Considering it will take $14M a year to keep him, Payton needs to be sure.

Outside of that, the deal isn't bad. The Saints get to trade up 12 spots into the back of the first round. That gives them an extra year of control of whoever they draft with the 32nd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    My major fear is that the Patriots seldom ever give up good players. Usually everyone overrates players because New England is so good. Is Butler a good part of a great scheme or is he independently good and will shine anywhere? Considering it will take $14M a year to keep him, Payton needs to be sure.

Outside of that, the deal isn't bad. The Saints get to trade up 12 spots into the back of the first round. That gives them an extra year of control of whoever they draft with the 32nd pick.
    How much is it going to take to keep Cooks when its time for a new contract? Take that into account as well.

I get the Pats player vs scheme argument. Butler has shown for 2 years that he's a legit player and not a one year fluke.

Butler would cost $3.9M this season, then is a FA. It would be smart to lock him up now. Cooks costs less than $2M and has an $8M option for the 2018 season.

With how good Brees is, I would prefer a CB to a WR in a long-term deal.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast