Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

2017 Offseason thread

Post it all here

2017 Offseason thread

I think the Saints should be busy this offseason. Getting a new special teams coach should also be a priority. Even though it's Payton's buddy from college he must go.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

No more dead money. The dead money was a major factor in our inability to improve the defense.

We need to go all in on defense. Our cap space must be devoted to defense, not another offensive weapon (Fleener). Our top 3 draft picks must go to defense. We need to add another legit pass rusher. Finally we need to do better than a bunch of undrafted corner back development projects. Sign a decent free agent corner for once.

CB might not be too big of an issue. The castaways didn't play poorly. Breaux and Williams will be back.

DE and LB are the biggest needs.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    CB might not be too big of an issue. The castaways didn't play poorly. Breaux and Williams will be back.

Every year we have injuries at CB and need more depth. Yes they didn't play poorly, but if we are going to make a real playoff push we have to do better. Besides, having a secondary that was not good but didn't suck is a mediocre attitude. Mediocre as in a 7-9 record again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth:31382442
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post

Every year we have injuries at CB and need more depth. Yes they didn't play poorly, but if we are going to make a real playoff push we have to do better. Besides, having a secondary that was not good but didn't suck is a mediocre attitude. Mediocre as in a 7-9 record again.
    I don't know if an elite CB is on the market. Moore would be a good backup. Webb less so, but he's a back up. If Breaux and Williams can't stay healthy then they have to move on.

I would still look at DE, DT and LBs before CB. They were playing special teamers as starting LBs, which hurt ST. They need a pass rushing DE and better LBs. Probably need to overhaul their LBs.

I wouldn't pass on a great CB, but the line has to generate more pressure (they were good against the run) and the LBs are second rate, at best.
    Last edited by iamaj; 01-03-2017 at 03:52 PM.

2017 Offseason thread

Well if you guys are thinking of bringing in a CB Trumaine Johnson of the Rams which I think his price is to high is available. A guy I would like on the Saints would be AJ Bouye is also available via FA. I would really look into him he can ball.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Saints fired a few Coaches lol
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Joe Vitt, Greg McMahon, Stan Kwan, James Willis and Bill Johnson.

I'm fine with letting McMahon go. ST sucked. I know they lost some good players to fill in as starters, but they magically got better when the new coach came on board. Kwan was assistant ST coach.

Vitt seems like a yes man, and the LBs have never been great over the past 10 years. Willis worked with LBs, too. Johnson on the line.

This seems to say Payton is staying with some new blood. Not a bad thing.
    Last edited by iamaj; 01-05-2017 at 07:57 PM.

2017 Offseason thread

Just saw that Payton cleaned house a little. I like it a lot.

2017 Offseason thread

Ryan Anderson from Bama is who the Saints should get if still on the board.

2017 Offseason thread

Not gonna lie I hope the Falcons win this week. One because I hate how the media always covers the Seahawks and two because I would like the Falcons fans to get there hopes up and get blown out next week so they feel really feel let down. Is that mean?

No. I loved watching them lose at home to SF years ago.

FA targets, guys. The Saints finally have cap space and will likely look at pass rushers, CBs, O-linemen, and LBs. Who would you most like to bring to New Orleans?

supposedly we are expected to go after Joe Haden again.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast