Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread

Rudy with a career high in points and rebounds. Almost makes up for the 3ft air ball on the free throw haha! Great win though.

I've been surprised at the lack of performance out of Favors this year, I wonder if he's still got back issues, he just seems really weak this year, and he's usually a been a really strong player in the league. I also have noticed that Exum just doesn't have the speed this year that he had his rookie year. I can't help but wonder if it's the ACL thing, most people aren't 100% the year after a torn ACL. Everyone else has played great, but those 2 are really playing differently from what we have seen in the past.

Favors has always and always will be average. It's just who he is. Exum I'd like to hold out hope he can become a good player but he really hasn't shown much tho year. Hopefully next year is the year for him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page...derrick-favors

I know you love to put down Favors, but to call him average is just a terrible description. he probably won't be an all star, but I didn't think Millsap would every be an all star either. The problem is that Favors, diaw and Lyles are all struggling right now. you should expect one to at least pick up soon. Diaw looks done out there with the exception of his incredible passing. Teams have zero faith that he can make a 3 and he has done very little to discourage that belief. Its basically the same thing for Lyles. He can do at the dribble driving he wants, but teams won't give him room till he starts making shots. Thankfully Gobert, Hayward, and Hill are playing out of their minds right now.

That's the same rankings that has him 2 slots behind Gobert....not a good list. He's average man, there isnt one thing he does really well and he has constant no shows and that's been the case his whole career. He also is constantly injured, that is definitely a problem. When you aren't playing you are putting up zeros across the board. You can think what you want but a guy who you admit will never be an all star is by definition an average NBA starter. But I know I'm not changing your opinion so no big deal.

Last season Favors was better than average. I thought he would be a borderline all star with another year of improvement. Turns out I was way off. He is having a terrible season this year. He is costing himself a ton of money. He looks like he doesn't fit in. He looks disengaged at times. He is typically on the bench in crunch time. Why is he playing like this in a contract year?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Last season Favors was better than average. I thought he would be a borderline all star with another year of improvement. Turns out I was way off. He is having a terrible season this year. He is costing himself a ton of money. He looks like he doesn't fit in. He looks disengaged at times. He is typically on the bench in crunch time. Why is he playing like this in a contract year?
    I hope Favors is still working himself back into the swing of things after the injuries this season. With Burks back, we have a ton of depth. I just hope the players can stop getting injured the rest of the way so we can see how good a team we have.

Last year there were a couple things that stood out in Favors, his ability to keep on guards after the pick and roll and ability to out-muscle a lot of Centers and most Power Forwards. He's tried to do that this year but hasn't been able to. He's just not looking like his normal self last year. Which Jazznc is completely correct, if he's playing like that he will be a backup Center for sure. But I'd rather have Favors as a backup Center than Withey.

Jazz just look like trash tonight. pathetic effort

Yeah, we can't win with Hayward and Gobert both having poor games. Kinda sucks we are wasting a great game from Diaw.

We are still figuring out how to utilize our roster. Alec has been good, but the passing slows down and the guys start watching him go to work. It throws us off a bit. They will adjust.

Favors is still owed 12 mil next year, Exum 5 mil next year. We still have another season and a half to evaluate these two disappointments and see if they can turn it around. At least we can worry less about paying near max dollars to too many players.

I remember a couple years ago Lakers fans telling us all the Lakers don't rebuild, they reload. Wonder if they ran out of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefistus View Post
    I remember a couple years ago Lakers fans telling us all the Lakers don't rebuild, they reload. Wonder if they ran out of ammo.
    Nice one. I still hate the Lakers. Mostly due to some of their classless obnoxious fans. I hope they continue to lay an egg in free agency. I still enjoy beating them the most, followed closely by OKC and Sacramento.

BTW anyone else see Kanter break his forearm during a tantrum punching the bench?

He's a *****. He also punched the floor earlier in the game.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

wow this might have been the worst I have ever seen the refs. Looks like Conley heated up at the right time and we have no answer. I think we have to make a trade for a pf. Lyles has been terrible, Diaw has been terrible, and Favors can't stay healthy and even when he does he is terrible. Can't have a gaping hole at pf.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast