Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Game Thread

last nights loss just about seals up the 5 spot for us. I doubt we can beat the warriors and the spurs since it doesn't seem either are resting guys.

Yeah, no home court for us it appears. Injuries have just really cost us a lot of games this year. It's pretty amazing to think we could still get home court with three starters missing almost a third of the season or more. Hayward and Gobert deserve a lot of praise for their play and effort this year.

Well, the whore-iors failed to protect their house against us, with all our consistency issues. Haven't checked the biggie, and all the highlight reels ignore the fact that we even suited up, so I have no clue what pushed us over the finish line. Even if you buy into the fatigue bullcrap or half-assed playing to save yourself for playoffs, this is a game we should have lost. I really hope we let this momentum carry us into the playoffs. Playoff ball can't get here fast enough.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Playoff ball can't get here fast enough.
    No **** right!?!? I am so ready for it to begin. Gonna be a really interesting series against the Clips.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    No **** right!?!? I am so ready for it to begin. Gonna be a really interesting series against the Clips.
    I just hope we can somehow be healthy. Hill showed how valuable to this team he can be last night. I think there is a chance we could see our starting lineup or at least Hill/Hood/Hayward/Diaw/Gobert with a healthy ingles and Joe Johnson off the bench and maybe favors as our backup center.

good win tonight. we just beat the warriors and the spurs with them playing both their full rosters(minus klay).

I know people will say Warriors conceded that game, but I didn't realize until the day after that Curry and Durant played over 30 minutes, and Durant was supposed to be on a minutes restriction.

I don't care what anyone else says, they were trying to win that game up until it was out of reach in the 4th quarter. Since it was local in SF all I got was the announcers saying the game doesn't matter to the Warriors and that's why they lost, but I'm not convinced of that.

I completely agree. Neither team phoned it in and we won because of our shooting. We didn't play Hayward vs the whore-iors and looked him vs San Antonio yet beat them both. I couldn't have asked for a better way to close out the season.

BTW, I know how *****y Pau is and had always been, but what Ingles goaded him into was great. It was a key juncture in the third and Ingles baited him into a T. We play better when he's on the floor, it's not just 3s with him. I really hope we lock him up regardless of Hayward.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

yeah honestly we gave up both games before the other team did. We beat both those teams when both teams had their starter on the floor.

It will be interesting to see who gets minutes in the playoffs. An 8 man rotation is common in the playoffs, and we have 8 solid players.

Starters Hill, Ingles, Hayward, Diaw, and Gobert. Hood, Johnson, and Favors off the bench. Favors at the 5, Joe at the 4. Play Mack as little as possible. I prefer the triple wing over him. The Clippers will just leave Mack and Exum wide open in the corner.

Crunch time- Hill, Ingles, Hayward, Johnson, Gobert.

Withey, Burks, Neto, Lyles, and Bolomboy are cheerleaders. Lyles and Burks are in too much of a slump to play. Exum should play very little in my opinion. He still makes too many mistakes that show he should have played in college first. These mistakes are unacceptable in the playoffs. He will be on a very short leash.

I expect Hill, Hayward, Rudy, and the 2 Joe's to play well. Hood and Favors are the 2 wild cards. If they play well we will win the series. I'm excited to see who steps up their game. I remember last time we were in the playoffs Favors went beast mode despite being swept by the Spurs. This will be the first time Hayward will be asked to carry a team in the playoffs. I'm confident he will step up but there is also a slight chance the nerves get to him and he shoots a low percentage.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789