Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I think there are two options to go for next season:

Option A: Sign a Drew Brees, draft Barkley, draft and sign major OL pieces, and groom Davis Webb to be the guy years from now.

Option B: Draft Rosen/Darnold, restructure Eli's contract, add OL in the mid rounds and FA, sign Le'Veon Bell. Have Rosen take over as the future of the team after sitting to learn from Eli like Rodgers/Farve.

No need to rush a rookie into a messy situation. The D will be back next year hungry. Gotta fire Reese and Ben McAdoo to clean up this mess. With ODB, Shepard, Engram, and Marshall, you have tons of passing weapons. Just gotta have that prime time RB now to go with a good OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post

Option A: Sign a Drew Brees, draft Barkley, draft and sign major OL pieces, and groom Davis Webb to be the guy years from now.

Option B: Draft Rosen/Darnold, restructure Eli's contract, add OL in the mid rounds and FA, sign Le'Veon Bell. Have Rosen take over as the future of the team after sitting to learn from Eli like Rodgers/Farve.

No need to rush a rookie into a messy situation. The D will be back next year hungry. Gotta fire Reese and Ben McAdoo to clean up this mess. With ODB, Shepard, Engram, and Marshall, you have tons of passing weapons. Just gotta have that prime time RB now to go with a good OL.
    Still gonna need a cheap vet Opposite Odell, and opposite jackRabbit. Still me a 2nd level rusher or move to a 34 defense because we already have the anchor with Snacks.

Come on, we're not getting Drew Brees, and what would be the point in that? We're not getting Bell either. I don't really think we need to. Darkwa can be signed back for cheap, put him and Gallman behind a competent OL with some competent play calling and a passing game that works, and I think you're fine at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Come on, we're not getting Drew Brees, and what would be the point in that? We're not getting Bell either. I don't really think we need to. Darkwa can be signed back for cheap, put him and Gallman behind a competent OL with some competent play calling and a passing game that works, and I think you're fine at that position.
    Brees could be had this offseason because New Orleans might not want to pay his asking price since he is a top tier QB still and is getting older. Bell rejected a 5 year deal in Pitt, which means that he could be had if a team can pay a premium price. Money talks.

Brees could be had this offseason because New Orleans might not want to pay his asking price since he is a top tier QB still and is getting older. Bell rejected a 5 year deal in Pitt, which means that he could be had if a team can pay a premium price. Money talks.
    Yeah, but what would be the upside to signing Brees? I guess being more competitive for a year or two, but as good as Brees is, he clearly does better with a good OL and a strong running game. Which we still don't have.

And Bell may not be heading back to Pitt, but he would obviously eat up a lot of cap. Haven't checked lately, but I don't think we have that plenty to offer, considering Odell, Collins, Pugh/Richburg will need new contracts soon as well.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456