Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Btw, do college experts here have any idea how the QB class next year might / will be?

I think in an ideal world you wait one more year with Eli's replacement
    It's pretty much always that people hang on the idea that next year's class will be better. That's what they were saying last year. It doesn't work often that way, because all those upcoming prospects will be under a much more rigorous type of scrutiny.

i've seen a few mocks where watson slips to us at 23. do you take him if he's waiting there knowing you have a need at LT, TE, LB, (possibly DL)?

Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    i've seen a few mocks where watson slips to us at 23. do you take him if he's waiting there knowing you have a need at LT, TE, LB, (possibly DL)?
    Simply, no. I don't think he's a Round 1 QB anyway. Probably day 2, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Simply, no. I don't think he's a Round 1 QB anyway. Probably day 2, just my opinion.
    I agree. But like Teddy Bridgewater, a QB needy team will jump back into the 1st round if he's still on the board in the 20's. That title game really boosted his stock.

Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    I agree. But like Teddy Bridgewater, a QB needy team will jump back into the 1st round if he's still on the board in the 20's. That title game really boosted his stock.
    Boosted his stock? You don't follow college huh? He would've been #1 last year but stayed to win the title

vikings are a qb needy team? bridgewater is young. he's out next year but they don't need to waste a first round pick on a qb

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Boosted his stock? You don't follow college huh? He would've been #1 last year but stayed to win the title
    Some scouts have a round 2 / round 3 grade on Watson currently. He didn't have as great a junior year as he did as a sophomore.... passing numbers are sort of similar, but he was a much bigger factor with his legs in 2015, had over 1,000 rushing yards and double digit TDs on the ground. He had an unbelievable title game against a defense that is stacked with some NFL-ready talent, which yes, boosted his stock.
    Last edited by MJL80; 02-05-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knicks=love View Post
    vikings are a qb needy team? bridgewater is young. he's out next year but they don't need to waste a first round pick on a qb
    I am not saying that the Giants should draft a QB in the 1st, that would be foolish. And I'm not saying anything about the Vikings needing to draft another QB. I think you misinterpreted my previous comment.

The Vikings moved back into the 1st Round a few years ago to take Bridgewater with the final pick of the 1st Round.... they gave Seattle their 2nd and 4th rounders that year to do so.

What I'm saying is that if Watson is still available by the 23rd-30th picks, some team is going to move back up into the 1st round similar to the way the Vikings did a few years ago and grab him (Cleveland, SF, Chicago, NYJ, Buffalo, etc).
    Last edited by MJL80; 02-05-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Some scouts have a round 2 / round 3 grade on Watson currently. He didn't have as great a junior year as he did as a sophomore.... passing numbers are sort of similar, but he was a much bigger factor with his legs in 2015, had over 1,000 rushing yards and double digit TDs on the ground. He had an unbelievable title game against a defense that is stacked with some NFL-ready talent, which yes, boosted his stock.
    He had a great game last yr vs the same team. What are you talking about?

I started watching more of Isaiah Ford out of VT, and I kept thinking that Jerod Evans seems like a very intriguing QB project. His stock is likely not that high anyway, so a 4th or a 5th round pick will probably do it. Anyway, just a guy I think worth keeping an eye on.

Felt like it might be worth a try to revive this thread as I was watching the season developing into the way it did. For a while I was still hoping for a miraculous comeback but then key players started going down and I guess it's pretty clear now we're about to be picking among the top 5 or so in the upcoming Draft.

With a pretty important game deciding where we will end up picking coming up and after finishing an ESPN article mentioning a supposedly directive from Mara to the scouts and evaluating staff to pay close attention to the top QB prospects, thought it might be the right time to ask the question again, of who people here think the franchise should consider as the next starting QB. Now, I don't keep up with college football, normally I just try to catch up with some of the names I find more interesting once the season's ended and there's no more NFL football, but knowing we were very likely heading in this direction, I've been trying to pay as much attention as I could. Still have no idea who I would prefer, I think both Darnold and Rosen are very interesting, there seem to be more and more reports that Darnold is going back to school to rebuild his reputation after a "down" year, but then again IIRC Watson was supposed to have had a bad last year in college and then he pretty much took the NFL by storm and for a while was the hottest guy in the league. There are also some who claim he's trying to avoid going to Cleveland, but if that's the case maybe we can witness another 2004 scenario?

I don't know if we'll see Webb this year. Probably will, but wouldn't bet on it. Still wouldn't put much into whatever he shows, regardless. When I started this thread I thought about asking who would make sense in a McAdoo system, and at the time Webb seemed like a very interesting choice to try to develop. Now, knowing we'll likely change HCs and therefore offensive systems, not only is there a strong possibility that whoever's next won't just go along with Webb for the sake of it, but I would rather invest highly and develop someone with a little more upside. Therefore I ask, Darnold or Rosen? Seems to me like those are the top two guys, I'm not sold on Allen, I think Jackson or Mayfield are more unconventional picks and top 3-5 may be a little too high for them. I also think it's just insane how people are overlooking Mason Rudolph. That's someone who I rarely see mentioned in the top 10/1st round conversation, and I'd expect things to change come Draft day.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    We drafted 2 QB's Nassib and Webb.....Nassib is gone and Webb hasn't played, didn't play in the pre season that much.

These guys were drafted in the early rounds, I just don't think the GM and coaches are on the same page in what direction we want to go in.

I'd rather Reese not be drafting another QB for us...especially a first round top 5 pick.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    We drafted 2 QB's Nassib and Webb.....Nassib is gone and Webb hasn't played, didn't play in the pre season that much.

These guys were drafted in the early rounds, I just don't think the GM and coaches are on the same page in what direction we want to go in.

I'd rather Reese not be drafting another QB for us...especially a first round top 5 pick.
    I think there's a pretty good chance he won't. Still, I don't think Nassib was necessarily drafted with the thought of him eventually being the next starting quarterback of this team, and I don't think he was ever really treated as more than a backup for Eli. For that reason, I wouldn't say Reese failed or anything.

I really hope they decide to bulk up the line and the rest of the team with talent before drafting another QB.
    L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I really hope they decide to bulk up the line and the rest of the team with talent before drafting another QB.
    L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I personally think that would be a pretty big mistake. Hopefully we won't pick that early in the Draft anytime soon, therefore we won't have the chance to draft one of the top QBs of the class without paying a fortune to trade up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast