Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I like Davis Webb from Cal
    Yes, he's another very intriguing guy I wanted to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post
    There's a few other Project QB's i'm interested in see what they could do with learning behind Eli and under the control of the offensive minded Mac . Joshua Dobbs has alot to offer he needs to bulk up . you can't play 16 games at his current size , Davis Webb is also a interesting choice too.

When it comes to the draft, anything from the 5-7 round are rounds worth taking risk. because cutting them before camp isn't a huge cap issue, and with the exception of the last few drafts we have been horrid in the late rounds.

True, I am not set on wanting kelly, But when you talk about a NFL QB body style he has it. the Size the Arm the Toughness. He played at Ole Miss against very good defenses (LSU,BAMA)

QB Spot is Tricky. We all know this. in NY its harder than most places.
    Between the Weather/Fans/Media it's a tall task to play here

No College QB can come into the NYG and start. The Line/ The Offense / The No huddle every QB would be a project IMO . So if we take Flyers on the late rounds for the next few seasons to Groom an heir to Eli i'd be okay with it

Kelly messed up, this is why pre draft interviews are important. He tore his ACL this past season , So that's the only reason he could be there in the 5th round or later . even with his off the field issues again i can't remember if after his community service in Haiti if he got in more trouble, i just remember Freeze saying Chad is changed and we are rolling with Him as the starting qb , The talent is there.
    Dak got a DUI just before the combine thats a reason he dropped. I'm not directly comparing them, Kelly for most of his football career looks like a self entitled jerk, IF he still has that attitude i wouldn't want him any where near the giants but again this is what the interviews are for .

Side Note:
    Eli is from Ole Miss and so is Kelly wonder if they had any discussions together .
    Eli was arrested for Public Intoxication in College.
    Yes, but what I'm saying is, the later rounds experiments don't imply much risk only when it's any other position other than QB, unless you're only picking a backup, and like I said, I'm specifically talking about some prospect we should be looking to groom into the next starting QB of the franchise. Because you pick any other position, the investment is minimum. You hope he grows into a decent rotational player, maybe you get lucky and he even develops into a starting quality player, that's great. If it doesn't pan out, you cut him and you're free to try again. But at the QB position, if you miss once, it's at least one year of learning in the system you take away from the next guy you'll bring in.

And look, speaking of the Cowboys, they pretty obviously are approaching that process differently than us. They have taken chances on players I don't think the Giants would. Hardy, Gregory, now Dak, to name a few in recent years. They almost drafted Manziel. And look, I don't think you can call Prescott a successful experiment just yet. Me, personally, I'm much more worried about facing Wentz in the future, if the Eagles ever manage to put a quality supporting cast around him.

Too bad we didn't trade Nassib for a 5th or 6th rounder to use for a luxury QB developmental pick. I still think the 2018 draft might be better because you can sign a stop gap vet for cheaper to hold down the #2 QB slot.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This is where that 4th round penalty will hurt us a little.

I agree that this is a good time to pick up a talented QB who can learn under Eli for 1-2 years. Pat Maholmes at Texas Tech seems perfect for this role, but he may not be around by round 4 and I am not sure the Giants will use a 2 or 3 on a QB.
    Definitely don't use a 2 or 3 on a QB. I honestly think we can go another year before we draft a QB so there is absolutely no need to reach. If there is someone we really like in the 4th round or later you can think about taking a QB, but I don't think this is a pressing issue quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

According to my 3rd Franchise season in Madden, our next QB will be a 4th round pick from Navy named Hunter Hayden.

Also, in an effort to get a ring before he retires, Adrian Peterson will sign with the Giants, despite Perkins having a 1200 rushing season the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    According to my 3rd Franchise season in Madden, our next QB will be a 4th round pick from Navy named Hunter Hayden.

Also, in an effort to get a ring before he retires, Adrian Peterson will sign with the Giants, despite Perkins having a 1200 rushing season the year before.

I ain't even mad haha

On a Serious note i'd love to get a bruising back to pair with Perk.
    I'd love to see the combo again in the NYG back Field

I ain't even mad haha

On a Serious note i'd love to get a bruising back to pair with Perk.
    I'd love to see the combo again in the NYG back Field
    Funny you should say that. I also signed Blount.

Funny you should say that. I also signed Blount.
    I always trade for Hill from the Bengals upgrades quick.
    My 1-2 was Hill and Darkwa but with the new one is Hill & Perk

Loved to see up secure the O-line and have a Thunder and Lighting tandem again in the back field.
    When Eli can do a true playaction with no one in his face and he can bomb the ball down field i'll be happy again

Loved to see up secure the O-line and have a Thunder and Lighting tandem again in the back field.
    When Eli can do a true playaction with no one in his face and he can bomb the ball down field i'll be happy again
    My first season I barely won most of the games, squeaked in as a wild card, had to comeback last minute in every playoff game and then I lost the SB by 4 pts. The final play was Cruz getting tackled at the 1 yard line.

Year 2, I signed Lang at RG and drafted a LT (moved Flowers to RT). Then signed Blount. Rushing went from under 1,000 yards total, to almost 2,000 yds, with Beckham still getting over 1,000 rec. 15-1 won the super bowl.

Don't play with a cap though because Madden still hasn't figured out how to do realistic contracts, so its pointless. There's no structuring to balance out tight cap years, no renegotiating existing contracts, etc. so its seems pointless to have a cap which basically just makes it impossible to keep a realistic roster.

Funny, because I went a few years without playing much Madden. This year with a newborn, paternity leave got me back into it. Not much action the first few months. I imagine in a couple more months I'll have zero time to play again.....but one day he'll join me.

My first season I barely won most of the games, squeaked in as a wild card, had to comeback last minute in every playoff game and then I lost the SB by 4 pts. The final play was Cruz getting tackled at the 1 yard line.

Year 2, I signed Lang at RG and drafted a LT (moved Flowers to RT). Then signed Blount. Rushing went from under 1,000 yards total, to almost 2,000 yds, with Beckham still getting over 1,000 rec. 15-1 won the super bowl.

Don't play with a cap though because Madden still hasn't figured out how to do realistic contracts, so its pointless. There's no structuring to balance out tight cap years, no renegotiating existing contracts, etc. so its seems pointless to have a cap which basically just makes it impossible to keep a realistic roster.

Funny, because I went a few years without playing much Madden. This year with a newborn, paternity leave got me back into it. Not much action the first few months. I imagine in a couple more months I'll have zero time to play again.....but one day he'll join me.
    The Cap is always strange in madden, ill play with a cap but only in fantasy draft
    But the improvement in game play this year is nice.

yeah its a good unwinding tool. Did you see Snacks wasnt happy about his Rating and tweeted EA about it.
    yeah once the baby starts walking no time to sit and zone out

Eli's replacement is probably some sophomore or junior in currently in high school. Don't worry about this.

Eli's next back-up might be in one of the next drafts, but the next franchise QB of the Giants probably has a curfew at the moment.

You want Ron Dayne back?

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    You want Ron Dayne back?
    Hahaha, Oh Ron Dayne.....
    On paper that was a scary backfield with him and Tiki

The Cap is always strange in madden, ill play with a cap but only in fantasy draft
    But the improvement in game play this year is nice.

yeah its a good unwinding tool. Did you see Snacks wasnt happy about his Rating and tweeted EA about it.
    yeah once the baby starts walking no time to sit and zone out
    HA gotta love Snacks.

The free-time situation has changed a bit with the baby. Early bed time for him which gives me about 2-3 hours every night to get in a workout, dinner, reading, catch up on TV and Madden....its tight.

Hahaha, Oh Ron Dayne.....
    On paper that was a scary backfield with him and Tiki
    I can't believe there was a time that I thought Dayne was our franchise RB and Tiki was a bust.

Side note, I just watched an NFL Network "Top 10" episode that was top 10 players who are not in the HOF. Tiki was number 3. And I had never really thought about it, but **** yeah he should be in there within the next few years.

Also didn't realize Jim Marshall isn't in the HOF which is complete bull ****.

Reese said in his press conference that they pretty much considered and started the process of looking for a QB (because Eli is 36).

The question still pretty much is whether or not there's one they end up liking in this class, and if so, how high in the Draft they go after him. I know someone mentioned Dobbs out of Tennessee earlier in the thread, and I've watched some tape of him, he's pretty interesting. Sounds like a really smart guy too, from the little I've read about him.

There's also a John Allen (think I got his name right?) out of Wyoming that's getting hype, and that may cause someone like Kizer, for example, to fall out of the first round and then there's no telling how much more. I know people aren't confident enough in this QB class, that seems to be the case each year though, but I think there's a pretty good chance still we end up drafting a prospect.

They should do everything in their power to get USC's Sam Darnold. Currently a true freshman so he has two more years of college ball. Eli will be done after two more seasons and this kid would be a perfect replacement. Watch the rose bowl highlights and you'll see how special he could be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast