Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who would you take?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi Leonard

    24 61.54%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

    15 38.46%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,023
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think he is better then Lebron right now. M I RITE brewer?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you really believe it I'm sure we could make an arugment to support it.

    I would expect him to overtake SPAK in the playoffs at the earliest- or next year at some point.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    1,071
    Giannis, what a beast. His all around game doesn't convert to a lot of wins now. But in the near future, it will. With Jabari rapidly developing, Bucks have the potential to rule the east.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,023
    Quote Originally Posted by basketfan4life View Post
    Giannis, what a beast. His all around game doesn't convert to a lot of wins now. But in the near future, it will. With Jabari rapidly developing, Bucks have the potential to rule the east.
    Similar position as the Cavs were a few years back expect Giannis is to young to override the GM and call his shots, which I want.

    ****ed up yet again by signing Telly and Plumlee. However, Middleton and Giannis are locked up long term so that helps?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    25,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Similar position as the Cavs were a few years back expect Giannis is to young to override the GM and call his shots, which I want.

    ****ed up yet again by signing Telly and Plumlee. However, Middleton and Giannis are locked up long term so that helps?
    Brewer how much weight do you think Giannis put on? Dude looks stronger this year.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,023
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Brewer how much weight do you think Giannis put on? Dude looks stronger this year.
    If I had to guess, 25+ lbs? Could be more because he is so tall and skinny the way it is.


    Edit: on March 9, 2016 there was an article on him saying he went from 196-222 in 18 months. That was before the off-season. If I had to guess, I would say he started the season around 230-235 and will be back around 225 by the end of the season if not already- due to the exertion of basketball.
    Last edited by Giannis94; 01-03-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,147
    https://vine.co/v/59EmVTUJA6i

    I can't wait 'til Middleton comes back. Bucks are scary.


    BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    https://vine.co/v/59EmVTUJA6i

    I can't wait 'til Middleton comes back. Bucks are scary.
    Rumor has it shortly after all-star break. Trading for Ibaka would be a possible game-changer but unlikely.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    23,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    If you really believe it I'm sure we could make an arugment to support it.

    I would expect him to overtake SPAK in the playoffs at the earliest- or next year at some point.
    Lmao. Don't confuse ~30 games of individual production that rates higher via certain metrics over other players as actually being the better player. A players role and their teammates effect numbers hugely.

    That said, I'm pretty excited to see the Freak realizing his potential at an All-NBA level in all the aspects that were already blooming for him. Next up, attempt to fix that broken *** jumper. When teams begin to gameplan for him in the playoffs (if/when they make it in), they're going to use the Spurs/Lebron approach in how much space he is sagged on, only Giannis currently hasn't shown any ability to punish a team for it, so we'll see how that goes.

    The rest of the career of Giannis or Kawhi? There's no behavioral issues with Giannis that I'm aware of, so as a gambling man I'd roll with Giannis. Younger, and has the freak build/athleticism that allows for significantly more growth out of him (which is scary with how good he is already playing at this age). Here's hoping Middleton comes back strong and a year from now we have a team in place that can finally oust 'Bron and the Cavs. I'd very much like to see the KD/Giannis Finals matchup 17 months from now.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,023
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Lmao. Don't confuse ~30 games of individual production that rates higher via certain metrics over other players as actually being the better player. A players role and their teammates effect numbers hugely.

    That said, I'm pretty excited to see the Freak realizing his potential at an All-NBA level in all the aspects that were already blooming for him. Next up, attempt to fix that broken *** jumper. When teams begin to gameplan for him in the playoffs (if/when they make it in), they're going to use the Spurs/Lebron approach in how much space he is sagged on, only Giannis currently hasn't shown any ability to punish a team for it, so we'll see how that goes.

    The rest of the career of Giannis or Kawhi? There's no behavioral issues with Giannis that I'm aware of, so as a gambling man I'd roll with Giannis. Younger, and has the freak build/athleticism that allows for significantly more growth out of him (which is scary with how good he is already playing at this age). Here's hoping Middleton comes back strong and a year from now we have a team in place that can finally oust 'Bron and the Cavs. I'd very much like to see the KD/Giannis Finals matchup 17 months from now.
    It's been more than 30 games. Pretty much since they made the change to putting Giannis at PG around the All Star break last year, IIRC?

    Middleton is supposed/planning on coming back after the All-Star break. If he comes back at 80% I believe that they can give the Cavs a fight this year. Maybe take the series into 6 games? My biggest concern isn't Giannis, Jabari, or Brogdon, or even Delly (defensively). I am more concerned about our role players and if they can knock down and contest shots when time it matters. Telly and Delly have struggled from 3, Monroe is soft, and Henson can't shoot to save his life. And we have Plumlee sitting on the bench, never being used.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas/Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,695
    Kawhi

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    23,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    It's been more than 30 games. Pretty much since they made the change to putting Giannis at PG around the All Star break last year, IIRC?
    You might remember 'Bron having a decent little finals run in the meantime? We saw a young Giannis **** the bed in his sole post-season performance. Obviously 2.0 is not going to let that happen again, but when you're THAT bad of a shooter that he is, it can really rear it's head in the playoffs. He's not on 'Bron's level dude. He is in an ultra high usage situation where his stats are racking up, and to his credit he is thriving. The Bucks not so much (though slightly better than expected minus Middleton), but if they can sustain a .500 or so pace that should be good enough for us to see how playoff/planned-for Giannis comes through.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    11,604
    I've been very vocal with my support for Giannis since last season. I just saw a completely different player when he's given a larger role that most others can't handle. Dude is leading his team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. His length and height coupled with his athleticism is unmatched right now. I'm not sure who has the bigger hands (maybe Brewer can find that out for us) between him and Kawhi but Kawhi definitely does NOT have the physical attributes that Giannis has and he never will. Another thing is Giannis is younger and playing on a team that is still young. Parker and KM will be a force in the East. Not sure what they will do with Maker and Monroe but they have all the tools to be the 2nd best team on the East. Kawhi has benefited heavily from Pop's system. I wonder how much of a difference Giannis would have had if he had been on a more respected team such as the Spurs. One thing I know for sure is that the Bucks have all the talent in the world. People talking about the Wolves and Sixers and are sleeping on Giannis and Jabari. And I'm not sure what Chronz's position on Giannis is at this point but he did say KM was a better player than him. I find that hard to believe.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    11,604
    Yeah, there's no way Giannis can usurp LeBron unless he develops a shot. Especially in the playoffs in which Jabari is the only other lethal scorer, it will be tough for Giannis to get easy shots (even despite his enormous advantage in every physical way). Hopefully KM can come back in time so Giannis can get some help because there's no way he can keep it up in the playoffs against the better teams. As for giving Cavs a tough matchup.. No.. LeBron in the regular season is not the same LeBron in the playoffs. That goes for Kyrie as well. Both players have shown that they increase their level of gameplay come playoff time. You just don't know what you're getting from Giannis or Parker just yet. Don't get me wrong; Giannis and Parker are All-Star players this season but they have holes in their game that aren't evident until the playoffs arrive.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    11,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    https://vine.co/v/59EmVTUJA6i

    I can't wait 'til Middleton comes back. Bucks are scary.
    Wow. I didn't even notice it at first but just look at RWB trying to block Giannis's shot. I've watched most OKC games and any other player and it would have been a block for RWB. Looked like RWB tried his best and just gave up after he saw that there was no way he was going to block that.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,023
    Can't wait for tonights game.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •