Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi Leonard

24 61.54%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

15 38.46%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Khawi's 21-22 season he was a 12ppg scorer...

you cant compare the Spurs organization to the Bucks, Spurs have like 19 straight 50 win seasons. Obviously Khawi has developed really well over the years, but the Spurs were winning before him and will probably be winning after him.
    They didn't get back into legit title contenders till he came along. Yea they were winning 50 games, but he came in and they went from first round exit, to WCF/Finals/Finals in his first 3 seasons.

He gave them that legit perimeter / athletic player they'd been lacking. 1 of the hardest working players in the game in terms of always improving his game

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    nobody really, or at least you can't plan on that, too many variables.

Everyone on the Spurs is a winner.
    They all might be winners (probably not though)... but the spurs isn't what made them winners... them being winners is what attracted the Spurs to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Giannis (no bias)/ thread
    The part in parentheses has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on PSD. And that says a lot haha!

The answer at this point absolutely has to be Leonard. He can SHOOT!! He is the more polished player and is great on both sides of the ball....and he can SHOOT! I have a feeling that Giannis will slow down a bit come the playoffs when teams force you to do the things you aren't good at. I have to go Leonard at this point because we know he can win and mesh with a multitude of players. This could be a different story 3yrs from now but as it stands I wouldn't take the risk that Giannis "might" get to Kawhi's level.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Kawhi without a 2nd thought.
    This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    The part in parentheses has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen on PSD. And that says a lot haha!

The answer at this point absolutely has to be Leonard. He can SHOOT!! He is the more polished player and is great on both sides of the ball....and he can SHOOT! I have a feeling that Giannis will slow down a bit come the playoffs when teams force you to do the things you aren't good at. I have to go Leonard at this point because we know he can win and mesh with a multitude of players. This could be a different story 3yrs from now but as it stands I wouldn't take the risk that Giannis "might" get to Kawhi's level.
    Bruh have you eve seen the Knicks forum? They put me to shame.

Over the next 10 years.... and let's assume this starts in the 17-18 season and runs us through the 26-27 season

GA is 33 years old at that point
    KL is 36 years old at that point

I take KL. He has a lower floor I feel like and his career arc looks like it will be stronger.

Though you are getting a full prime of GA

I think Leonard is the safer bet.

if you wanna look at in 10 years from now i still go KL bcuz he doesnt rely on athleticism nearly as much.

I wonder how Giannis' career would have developed if these players had swapped places (Giannis on Spurs, Leonard on Bucks).

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I wonder how Giannis' career would have developed if these players had swapped places (Giannis on Spurs, Leonard on Bucks).
    I doubt the Spurs win the championship w/Giannis vs Kawhi, or are as successful as they've been

It's a razor-thin margin, but I'll take the polished product in Kawhi Leonard over the potential of Giannis Antetokounmpo.
    Leonard plays for the Spurs, which naturally deflates stats. He has a 30 percent usage rate this year, but we have no way of knowing how good Point Leonard could be. I'm willing to assume he has the skills to run the offense more, if asked.
    It's almost certain Leonard will always be a better shooter. In 10 years, he won't be the alpha. But I can easily see a 35-year-old Leonard still defending like Tony Allen and knocking down threes like Ray Allen.

Hey guys, poll is up so please, if you typed Giannis in the thread, would like to see you vote. Think the results are a bit off. Sorry about the late poll.

So I think the biggest con about Giannis is he's too inexperienced and can't shoot.
    Biggest con about Leonard is his age in comparison to Giannis.

I'd go with Giannis simply because of his age and I think he'll be an elite defender for years to come. The way he closes out some players is ridiculous. Has the total package.

I also think Kawhi is just the more disciplined/better defender. Giannis fouls too much IMO. He's tied for 2nd in personal fouls per game. Sometimes just overzealous with his decision making on that end.

Kawhi is the only guy I believe with more steals than fouls ATM in his career. He's much more calculated and disciplined

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    I doubt the Spurs win the championship w/Giannis vs Kawhi, or are as successful as they've been
    You would lose the 1 you got but would have 4-6 like Giannis is capable of producing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    You would lose the 1 you got but would have 4-6 like Giannis is capable of producing in the future.
    This current Giannis? Nah... we're yet to see the best of both of these guys anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    This current Giannis? Nah... we're yet to see the best of both of these guys anyway
    Once we get Middleton...watch out. Putting SPAK (self proclaimed akron king) and crew on notice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast