Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi Leonard

23 60.53%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

15 39.47%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Five? It's about three and a half years. Leonard is 25-181d and Giannis is 22-021d. So, 3-160d is the difference.

Anyway, this is close but I'll take Leonard at this moment.
    Yea it's not the big a difference. And like someone else mentioned, Pop is great at managing guys and keeping the big picture in mind.

I'd go Kawhi. He's the more polished player and you know what you'll get with him. He's also got that "corporate knowledge" that Pop like's to talk about. Giannis could get there, but it's not a sure thing.

Kawhi having guys like Pop/TP/Manu/TD early on in his career is invaluable.

lol is this serious?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lol is this serious?
    Look at all the threads in this forum minus 2-3

lol is this serious?
    As a heart attack.

Embiid with teammates at the line: "Don't worry, he won't make them. He can't bleep-ing shoot!!"

this is why im not a big fan of advanced stats and value impact more. sorry Gainnis cant touch Leonard and whats hes done in the league so far. Finals MVP /thread

Are jumpers guaranteed to develop? Who makes other players better? Kawhi is the safer choice

I didn't leave my bed, because I was like, 'Man, if I walk outside somebody might just try to hit me with their car or say anything negative to me

-Beta B KD

this is why im not a big fan of advanced stats and value impact more. sorry Gainnis cant touch Leonard and whats hes done in the league so far. Finals MVP /thread
    Giannis (no bias)/ thread

Ya I lean Kawhi as the safer and proven choice since the age difference isn't that drastic and both should play the 10 years. Giannis has been unreal this year though so I think it is discussion worthy at least based off his potential.

Kawhi. Better in the past, better in the present, already top 10 player, and might not be at his full potential yet. The small upside potential advantage that Giannis MIGHT but probably wont reach is not worth the risk to gamble from the sure thing. Great to see people like Kawhi succeed. No flash all substance. The modern day Duncan (since true bigs are dead).

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I know it, but Giannis is nearly 5 years younger...

To build for the next 10 years, I would probably lean him. For the next 5? Leonard
    who builds around someone for 10 years? The question is fundamentally flawed...

Leonard is a winner... you take him for that reason alone... even if it is only for 5 of the theoretical 10

well obviously khawi came into the league and onto an already great Spurs team...

I'd go Giannis, though right now Khawi is better, Gianni's tools and upside and age are hard to ignore. i'd take the risk.

yea but Leonard took over that team and was the best player within what 2 or 3 years? Its now fully his team and his continues to thrive. Need to Giannis in a playoff games before i can even think about this.

yea but Leonard took over that team and was the best player within what 2 or 3 years? Its now fully his team and his continues to thrive. Need to Giannis in a playoff games before i can even think about this.
    Khawi's 21-22 season he was a 12ppg scorer...

you cant compare the Spurs organization to the Bucks, Spurs have like 19 straight 50 win seasons. Obviously Khawi has developed really well over the years, but the Spurs were winning before him and will probably be winning after him.

Kawhi because he can shoot. Giannis is a PHENOMENAL talent. The question I have with him is how his game is going to mesh with other championship players. To win a title you're going to need guys a lot better than he has. Another 1-2 top 15/20 players. How will his game mesh with those guys? Giannis' game loses effectiveness without the ball because that's just his style.

Not saying he can't develop but there's risk. Leonard is better right now and it's absolute fact that he caa co-exist with anyone you need him to. There's no group of players/systems he won't fit with because his game fits everywhere.

You could gamble on Giannis being better but that's like hitting on a 19 in blackjack.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    who builds around someone for 10 years? The question is fundamentally flawed...

Leonard is a winner... you take him for that reason alone... even if it is only for 5 of the theoretical 10
    nobody really, or at least you can't plan on that, too many variables.

Everyone on the Spurs is a winner.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast