Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Daily Mock draft:

46: R2P14 G DAN FEENEY INDIANA
    80: R3P16 TE JAKE BUTT MICHIGAN - I couldn't resist. Butt & Rudy would make a deadly combo as they are somewhat the same type of player. Butt is an average blocker and a great receiver.
    86: R3P22 C ETHAN POCIC LSU - So Center is not necessarily a need but I don't think Pocic is a Center. 6'7" is typically too big for that position. He played some at Guard but I only picked him here because I am think he could move to RT. Very atheltic but needs to add some strength.
    120: R4P15 RB JEREMY MCNICHOLS BOISE STATE -
    127: R4P22 EDGE BRYAN COX FLORIDA

So the more tape I watch on RBs I am slowly trending from D'Onta Foreman to James Conner from Pitt. Conner is a beast just like Foreman and after getting up to speed on his cancer story I am convinced he didn't play this year at 100% (I had the same cancer 10 years ago and the full recovery can take a couple years). I have no idea what his draft stock will be but right now I would think we could get him in RD 4 with the pool of RBs out there. Watch some tape and let me know what you think but I think Conners and McKinnon would be a great 1-2 punch. Conners also gashed the championship Clemson team this year for nearly 200 yards in Clemsons only loss this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596onRUh-t4&t=7s

He reminds me of Arian Foster the way he runs.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 01-13-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Conners is a beast! I'm not sure where he'll go either. I was thinking he would be a 2-3 rd guy but who knows. I don't really want a RB that early with obvious needs on the OL but it all depends on our draft board.

Good to hear your recovery went well. Cancer sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Conners is a beast! I'm not sure where he'll go either. I was thinking he would be a 2-3 rd guy but who knows. I don't really want a RB that early with obvious needs on the OL but it all depends on our draft board.

Thanks!

Yeah it's tough to say. Right now there are not very many teams who NEED a RB. Sure teams like Panthers, Colts, Jets could look at potential successors to Stewart, Gore, Forte but most other teams have young backs that are starting to produce like Ajayi, Howard, Gurley, Gordon, etc.

With the field of RBs coming out I don't see more than 4 going in rounds 1-2 being Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, and maybe Foreman all of who I would say are ahead of Conner right now. Assuming those 4 RBs get drafted and Ap finds a new home along with some other FA runningbacks I think it is a real possiblity that he sees the end of round 3 or early 4. At this point I wouldn't touch a RB in the 2nd but the 2nd pick in the 3rd before the compensatory picks start I would be okay with. I suspect some of the O-line gaps will be filled via free agency to allow for that luxury.

Alternative plan we spend all of the FA monies on Eric Berry, Dontari Poe, and Dont'a Hightower and just hope the Defense scores 2 TDs a game. Joking.... But would be sweet Smith/Berry is the dream.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 01-13-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    So the more tape I watch on RBs I am slowly trending from D'Onta Foreman to James Conner from Pitt. Conner is a beast just like Foreman and after getting up to speed on his cancer story I am convinced he didn't play this year at 100% (I had the same cancer 10 years ago and the full recovery can take a couple years). I have no idea what his draft stock will be but right now I would think we could get him in RD 4 with the pool of RBs out there. Watch some tape and let me know what you think but I think Conners and McKinnon would be a great 1-2 punch. Conners also gashed the championship Clemson team this year for nearly 200 yards in Clemsons only loss this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596onRUh-t4&t=7s

He reminds me of Arian Foster the way he runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

Glad to see you guys joining me on the James Conner bandwagon. Plenty of room left for more fans to jump on! Not only is a good player but off the field his character is highly praised. Team captain and his teammates loved him. He sounds like the type of player Rick looks for.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Glad to see you guys joining me on the James Conner bandwagon. Plenty of room left for more fans to jump on! Not only is a good player but off the field his character is highly praised. Team captain and his teammates loved him. He sounds like the type of player Rick looks for.
    I'm on the bandwagon for the long haul. Really want to see this kid in purple.

Ok I will give this a try tonight:

Cut:
    AP (unless he came back at like less than 5 mil which seems unlikely)
    Fusco
    Floyd? (I am split on this kinda, could maybe be swayed)

Sign:
    Adam Theilan 1st round tender 3.7 (I don't mind giving him an extra mil or whatever to ensure we keep him/1st)
    Captain Munnerlyn 4 mil per 3 years
    Patterson 5 mil per 2 year but low guarantee on 2nd
    Locke 2.5 per 2 years
    Sirles 2 per 1 year
    Greenway 2.5 per 1 year

This is how much I can do with the over the cap calculator and it has it at $31,759,353 remaining with moves above. I would then try and cut say 2 mil from robison so make that 33.7. These numbers are pure guesses but I hope combined they look decent for the talent. I guess we should take some off for draft picks so lets call it 29 going into FA losing 4.7 mil which might be high without a 1st.

Sign from outside FA:
    Whitworth LT for 10.5 1 year (maybe team option type for 2nd, low guarantee)
    Bobby Wagner RT for 6.5 per over 4 years
    Sylvester Williams DT 4 mil per 2 years (I don't know much about the dt's out there but want one on solid deal if no floyd)
    Kevin Minter MLB 3 mil per 2 years

This would be basically all of our cap especially considering I didn't round out the team completely and spent 24 leaving only 5 mil. I think we have a lot of returner though and with say 6 draft picks and these 4 plus my resignings it should be close to enough I think. I also feel like there were a few random times I upped someones number to be safe/conservative although maybe I missed low on ones I thought were fair too. I say go big on the offensive line at the tackles in Fa even if it means spending big. We absolutely need to fix it.

Draft (don't know much going off your guys mocks, like literally copy paste):
    2. LG/LT Forrest Lamp from Western Kentucky
    Round 3 (MIN #81) - D'Onta Foreman RB Texas or James Connor RB Pittsburgh
    80: R3P22 (changed his from the first 3rd paco had originally, maybe move up?) TE JAKE BUTT MICHIGAN - I couldn't resist. Butt & Rudy would make a deadly combo as they are somewhat the same type of player. Butt is an average blocker and a great receiver.
    111. Kevin King DB Washington bigger bodied corner looked GREAT against Bama in the playoff game
    Round 4 (MIA #116) - OG Kyle Kalis (Michigan)

I won't go further than our 4th but 2 oline to compete for one guard spot, a DB prospect, and two weapons at RB/TE for Bradford.

Key players
    QB: Bradford/Teddy
    RB: Foreman (or Conner)/Mckinnon/asiata?
    FB: Line?
    WR: Diggs/Theilan/patterson/Treadwell/Wright
    TE:Rudolph/Butt/Morgan
    LT:Whitworth/Sirles/Hill
    LG:Lamp/Kalis
    C:Berger/Easton
    RG:Boone/Kalis/Berger
    RT:Wagner/Sirles/Hill

Defense

LE:Hunter/Robison
    RE: Griffen/chrichton
    DT: Linval/Williams/Johnson/Shemar

OLB: Barr/Greenway/Lamur
    MLB:Kendricks/Minter/Brothers (arguably Minter MLB when we go 3 LB's?, could be olb too)

CB: Rhodes/Waynes/Captain/Alexander/Kevin King/Sherels
    S:Smith/Sendajo/Kearse/Harris

P: Locke
    K: Kai
    LS Mcdermott
    Last edited by mngopher35; 01-15-2017 at 04:10 AM.

another option might be to sign a decent vet corner and then use our 4/5/7 maybe to move up for Jaleel Johnson at DT. Need more than Linval/Johnson/Shemar at least imo

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    another option might be to sign a decent vet corner and then use our 4/5/7 maybe to move up for Jaleel Johnson at DT. Need more than Linval/Johnson/Shemar at least imo
    Sign Floyd for a one year prove it deal. When healthy that dude is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    That works for me

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    The Vikings exercised his 5th year option so he basically already is under contract for a 1 year prove it deal. His contract is guaranteed for injury only. I strongly assume Floyd will be on the roster next year.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Vikings exercised his 5th year option so he basically already is under contract for a 1 year prove it deal. His contract is guaranteed for injury only. I strongly assume Floyd will be on the roster next year.
    I was totally talking about the 2018 off season...

2017 NFL Draft Discussion & Mocks Thread

The reason I had him as cut is because he costs over 6 mil right now but rarely sees the field. Like I said I could be swayed on that one if Zimmer wants him etc.

The reason I had him as cut is because he costs over 6 mil right now but rarely sees the field. Like I said I could be swayed on that one if Zimmer wants him etc.
    If he could ever stay healthy for a full season he would definitely be worth the 6 million. Talent wise he's very good but the injuries are just non stop with him. Zim has made it well known he's annoyed with his inability to stay healthy but I really do think Spielman will want to take the chance on his talent. Imagine how good our d line can be if Floyd stays healthy for a whole season. Also allows us to run 4 deep at DT. Plus without a clear option to replace him on the roster were better off with him. I keep thinking about the Seattle playoff game when he was unblockable and thinking his potential is still very high. Just needs to stay healthy and everything should work out for him.

I pretty much went BPA...OL depth and possibly 3 starters out of the bunch. Conner in the 4th I love and think he would be our primary back and work well with McKinnon.

48: R2P16 G PAT ELFLEIN OHIO STATE
    79: R3P15 C ETHAN POCIC LSU
    86: R3P22 OT ZACH BANNER USC
    119: R4P14 RB JAMES CONNOR PITTSBURGH
    127: R4P22 EDGE JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN TENNESSEE

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast