Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I think Kalil should be our last option. I agree there isn't much but if the Bengals decide to move on from Whitworth we need to jump on him. We need to upgrade LT and I don't think Kalil is the answer.
    I agree. We shouldn't be settling on Kalil. Kalil isn't the answer and never will be. We need to make this oline one of the best units in the league not just settle for better than this year.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I agree. We shouldn't be settling on Kalil. Kalil isn't the answer and never will be. We need to make this oline one of the best units in the league not just settle for better than this year.
    With no 1st round pick in a relatively weak OT class and Kalil being maybe the best LT in FA..... There are only so many options without mortgaging more picks or assets in a trade.

Kalil wouldn't be the end all be all. But at the right price and at his age I think it's a safe move.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    With no 1st round pick in a relatively weak OT class and Kalil being maybe the best LT in FA..... There are only so many options without mortgaging more picks or assets in a trade.

Kalil wouldn't be the end all be all. But at the right price and at his age I think it's a safe move.
    Well we don't know exactly who is going to be available yet but I don't think it should be too hard to find a replacement level player to start at LT. There will be guys who get cut or even possibly available by trade. Spielman does have ammo to move up into the end of the first or early in the second. I can see scenarios where Kalil is our LT but none of those should be at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Get Slim Tubby's dog in the 7th round. Huge steal
    Abby has great lateral quickness and a really good nose for the ball! 😁

Well we don't know exactly who is going to be available yet but I don't think it should be too hard to find a replacement level player to start at LT. There will be guys who get cut or even possibly available by trade. Spielman does have ammo to move up into the end of the first or early in the second. I can see scenarios where Kalil is our LT but none of those should be at the top of the list.
    could always switch him to rt if something better happens along the way.

I'd love the Andrew Whitworth signing at LT. Here's why. I know he's 35 years old, but signing Whitworth gives you a quick fix at LT and it allows you to still draft and sit a developmental OT behind him to learn for 2+ years. Everyone says he may decline, but let's say he does decline. His output in a declining year will still be way better than Kalil/Clemmings.

I think if Whitworth becomes a free agent, the Vikings should put on a full court press for him. He makes one of the teams biggest weaknesses better as soon as he signs the dotted line. Skol!

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    actually the cap is expected to rise by 15 to 17 mill along with the players who will be free agents and i believe philly is paying half of bradfords deal they should be ok cap wise. i expect ap to re work his deal.that should put the vikes close to 30 mill below the cap.i also expect a couple cuts that could add to the cap.
    As it sits right now we have 24 million in cap room. And that's before we cut AP loose. Which we have too unless he plans on taking a HUGE pay cut. Meaning less than 4 million a year. Tops. Otherwise we have to turn the page on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikesfan13 View Post
    As it sits right now we have 24 million in cap room. And that's before we cut AP loose. Which we have too unless he plans on taking a HUGE pay cut. Meaning less than 4 million a year. Tops. Otherwise we have to turn the page on him.
    even at 7 mill it still adds 11 mill to the cap . and brian robison,sam bradford and a couple others can re work their deals adding up to more than 20 mill or more in cap room. and more than enough to resign c patt,capt, and a few other pieces.i also think greenway comes back for one more season.

correct me if I'm wrong (and someone will ) but Kalil has been fighting the hip issue he had surgery on this year for awhile now....do we know he won't be his rookie year version?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong (and someone will ) but Kalil has been fighting the hip issue he had surgery on this year for awhile now....do we know he won't be his rookie year version?
    Ya I think he has but I also read that his rookie season may not have been as good as everyone thought. It wasn't this last season it was the season before that I read this. So we may have had an overrated product from the get go.

Draftek has a beautiful mock up today (http://www.drafttek.com/2017-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp)

46. Garett Bolles OT Utah (no knowledge of this kid but Best OT available is all I care)
    80. D'onta Foreman RB Texas LOVE THIS KID
    87. Tyrone Crowder OG Clemson
    111. Kevin King DB Washington bigger bodied corner looked GREAT against Bama in the playoff game
    119. Jaleel Johnson DT IOWA
    141. Kyle Fuller OC Baylor
    174. Montae Nicholson SS Michigan St.

FA sign
    -OT
    -OLB

Draftek has a beautiful mock up today (http://www.drafttek.com/2017-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp)

46. Garett Bolles OT Utah (no knowledge of this kid but Best OT available is all I care)
    80. D'onta Foreman RB Texas LOVE THIS KID
    87. Tyrone Crowder OG Clemson
    111. Kevin King DB Washington bigger bodied corner looked GREAT against Bama in the playoff game
    119. Jaleel Johnson DT IOWA
    141. Kyle Fuller OC Baylor
    174. Montae Nicholson SS Michigan St.

FA sign
    -OT
    -OLB
    I've been reading D'onta Foreman could sneak into the first round. He is really good.

James Conner is my guy right now. I think his stock is going to be a little bit lower following his ACL injury and cancer that caused him to miss 2015. He didn't look quite the same this year but I'm not surprised after everything he went through. He should be in better shape going into the 2017 season. He has a mean stiff arm and has the look of a bell cow. If we move on from AP he would be a good back to pair with McKinnon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TzsyMQ4tmw
    ^ check out his TD run against Clemson to see what I mean about his stiff arm.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 01-06-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

I've been reading D'onta Foreman could sneak into the first round. He is really good.

James Conner is my guy right now. I think his stock is going to be a little bit lower following his ACL injury and cancer that caused him to miss 2015. He didn't look quite the same this year but I'm not surprised after everything he went through. He should be in better shape going into the 2017 season. He has a mean stiff arm and has the look of a bell cow. If we move on from AP he would be a good back to pair with McKinnon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TzsyMQ4tmw
    ^ check out his TD run against Clemson to see what I mean about his stiff arm.
    Yupp! my top 3 that I like are actual 1: Foreman 2: Conner 3: Gallman in that order.. Unless there is some sort of shot at Dalvin Cook which there isn't.

I agree though that Conner was only probably playing at like 75% this season.. At best.

Yupp! my top 3 that I like are actual 1: Foreman 2: Conner 3: Gallman in that order.. Unless there is some sort of shot at Dalvin Cook which there isn't.

I agree though that Conner was only probably playing at like 75% this season.. At best.
    Unless he absolutely destroys the combine and his workouts, we should be able to snag him in the 4th round. RBs usually slide anyway because of the supply/demand of the position so being able to get a RB like Conner in the middle rounds should allow us to focus our earlier picks on the offensive line and even BPA depending on how FA goes.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State