Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I like the bold except for Kalil. I think the fact Clemmings has been so unbearable to watch has made us think having Kalil is better but he's nothing more than mediocre. I think if we can find a way to move on from him we should go for it. Also, I assume you meant to do this but if we sign Leary then odds are we are cutting Fusco, which I am totally on board with.
    i am thinking the team re works ap's deal. his market will be very slim if the vikes cut him both dallas and az have franchise backs now and have little use for him. i think they go with a quick fix but drafting more than 3 o linemen makes very little sense. unless they clean house. but if i were rick id sign both kalil and long for a now and trade back into the first for a ot to push for a spot. also a qb in the mid rounds and a lb er and a safety . for depth and if he is their in rnds 6 id take the kicker from asu.

Get Slim Tubby's dog in the 7th round. Huge steal

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

If we trade AP I hope it's to the jags,colts,or browns. They would give us a great draft pick or picks.

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    If we trade AP I hope it's to the jags,colts,or browns. They would give us a great draft pick or picks.
    0% chance that happens. If he was owed a modest amount of $ then maybe but his cap hit is $18 million next year.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Used a mix of Walter/Draftek/Draftsite

Offseason:
    Release Adrian Peterson
    Trade Shariff Floyd for a mid round pick
    Re-sign Matt Kalil
    Sign Ronald Leary

Round 1 (MIN #17) - Traded to PHI
    Round 2 (MIN #49) - Forrest Lamp, OT, Western Kentucky (early thread favorite so we'll roll with it)
    Round 3 (MIN #81) - D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
    Round 3 (MIA #84) - Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
    Round 4 (MIN #113) - Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama
    Round 4 (MIA #116) - Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    Round 5 (MIN #145) - Tyler Orlosky OC WV
    Round 6 (MIN #176) - Matt Milano OLB Boston College
    Round 7 (MIN #207) - Patrick Towles QB Kentucky
    Love it! I don't know any details about many of the draft picks but I do know me some Jaleel Johnson. This guy has 1st Rd talent and I would not be surprised if he is gone in the 2nd. It's really odd with him because there are some games where he just downright dominates and then there are games you don't even know that he is there. Could be a motor thing, because for instance against Michigan he dominated.

Also, I agree that Kalil needs to be signed and honestly he should be a top priority. I get what you're saying Vikingsfan0845 but there is no one out there that we could go get.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Love it! I don't know any details about many of the draft picks but I do know me some Jaleel Johnson. This guy has 1st Rd talent and I would not be surprised if he is gone in the 2nd. It's really odd with him because there are some games where he just downright dominates and then there are games you don't even know that he is there. Could be a motor thing, because for instance against Michigan he dominated.

Also, I agree that Kalil needs to be signed and honestly he should be a top priority. I get what you're saying Vikingsfan0845 but there is no one out there that we could go get.
    Andrew Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    Andrew Whitworth
    Ok, just seeing he graded out as a 89...compared to Kalil (34) and Clemmings (28). I'm all about that now!

Good article from PFF

1. Build a serviceable offensive line.
    This was the top need a year ago for the Vikings, and to say they didnít try to address it this past offseason is a bit hyperbolic. However, the acquisition of Andre Smith (39.3), who was poor in his last season in Cincinnati, was a disaster even before he was placed on injured reserve after Week 4. His replacement, 2015 trade acquisition Jeremiah Sirles, has struggled mightily as a pass blocker, yielding the 10th-worst pass blocking efficiency out of all qualifying tackles this season, while grading positively overall as a run blocker. Free-agent acquisition Alex Boone (76.8) was better than his predecessor Brandon Fusco (52.0) at left guard, but a non-football injury to 2015 surprise stalwart Mike Harris forced said predecessor to start at right guard with no competition, and he subsequently failed to regain the high standard of play he set at that position in 2013. Joe Berger (85.8), a PFF Pro Bowl pick a year ago, maintained his solid play at center (and eventually as an injury replacement at right guard).

The inadequacies above pale in comparison to what the Vikings put up with at left tackle, where Matt Kalil (36.8) was playing as poorly as he did during the 2014 and 2015 campaigns before he landed on injured reserve after Week 2. T.J. Clemmings (28.4; beaten by Clay Matthews for a strip sack in clip below) performed as one of the worst tackles in PFF era (since the 2006 season) after he took over for Kalil, forcing Minnesota to sign veteran Jake Long (63.9) off the street to give them replacement-level play at the position.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...north-in-2017/

Luckily for the Vikings their should be a good group of lineman, especially guards available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Lamp and Eflein have been mentioned. Also available should be Dan Feeney (Indiana) and Billy Price (Ohio State). I'd love to get either Mike McGlinchey (ND) or Ryan Ramczyk (Wisconsin) to play LT but their likely first shoe in first rounders. Maybe Rick trades up?

What happens to the cap if we cut Peterson? Do we get hit with a penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by INMETSITRUST View Post
    What happens to the cap if we cut Peterson? Do we get hit with a penalty?
    Nope AP doesn't have any guaranteed money left. He's due a roster bonus on March 11th so we'll have an answer by then.

EDIT: Actually the "Vikings must exercise 2017 salary by the last league day of 2016 (2/5/2017)". So it sounds like we should know his status by February.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota...peterson-4753/
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 12-29-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Nope AP doesn't have any guaranteed money left. He's due a roster bonus on March 11th so we'll have an answer by then.
    So the smart play would be to cut AP (Not sure we could trade him). Use that money to get the OL we need to win.

Quote Originally Posted by INMETSITRUST View Post
    So the smart play would be to cut AP (Not sure we could trade him). Use that money to get the OL we need to win.
    actually the cap is expected to rise by 15 to 17 mill along with the players who will be free agents and i believe philly is paying half of bradfords deal they should be ok cap wise. i expect ap to re work his deal.that should put the vikes close to 30 mill below the cap.i also expect a couple cuts that could add to the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    actually the cap is expected to rise by 15 to 17 mill along with the players who will be free agents and i believe philly is paying half of bradfords deal they should be ok cap wise. i expect ap to re work his deal.that should put the vikes close to 30 mill below the cap.i also expect a couple cuts that could add to the cap.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    I think it is time to move on from AP to be honest. Unless he is willing to play for peanuts in a split type roll. I think as Viking and AP fans we all have this grand vision of what he can bring to the table but the hard truth is between idiocy and injuries this team has paid him $35 million dollars over the last 3 years to play in only 20 football games. He may have one or two good seasons left in him but I don't see any reason to continue to try and build an offense around his style of play.

There have been so many good backs come out the last couple years and this years draft class is supposed to be historically deep. I think it makes more sense to re-invest that money in the trenches and draft a more versatile player.

Love AP but I think it's time...

Guys I like after round 2
    (Personally I think McCaffery and Foreman are both threats to go in round 2 but I think one or the other may see round 3 with the early success of some of the 2015/16 rookies and teams other needs. Also Fournette and Cook guaranteed to go round 1)

RD 2-3
    D'onta Foreman
    Christian McCaffery

RD 3-5
    Samaje Perine
    Wayen Gallman

RD 5-7
    Elijah Hood
    Joe Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

I think Kalil should be our last option. I agree there isn't much but if the Bengals decide to move on from Whitworth we need to jump on him. We need to upgrade LT and I don't think Kalil is the answer.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State