Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 923
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    I've said all season the siemien was just upping his trade value and he will get traded during the draft I'm not sure for what or to what team but Lynch will be the starter and we will bring a vet in as a backup. No matter what in my opinion
    Adam Schefter said that Siemian has almost zero value from other teams. Literally the only people that like him are a fraction of Broncos fans lol.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,180
    Sounds like it might be vance Joseph's job to lose. interesting.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Sounds like it might be vance Joseph's job to lose. interesting.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    I think it's a smoke screen tbh. The minute Kubiak said he was retiring, the Shanny to Denver gossip ignited like a wildfire. They're trying to cool it down so that another team doesn't try to snatch him up first.

    I could be wrong, but no matter how much Elway likes someone, I doubt he would hire them when they only have 1 year of DC experience.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Adam Schefter said that Siemian has almost zero value from other teams. Literally the only people that like him are a fraction of Broncos fans lol.
    Yeah you end up 32 in analytics you won't garner more than a 7th rounder for a team that needs QB competition.

    Between Vance and Kyle i think.

    I did some reading of Kyle and Vance. Some crucial differences.

    Kyle is more of a my way or the high way type coach. Believes his system is the best. Reluctant to change his own scheme. Believes good players fit every scheme.

    Vance is more of Wade in this sense. He puts players in the best position to succeed. He plays to the strengths of the team. A testament of switching to the 4-3 after being a 3-4 guy to fit the Dolphins roster.

    Kyle puts up with zero BS, but with how he dealt with it in Cleveland and Washington, that wasn't a good thing. He apparently has made strides but former Mike Pettine calling him out for practically quitting on the team is suspect.

    Vance is also a zero BS type of guy. He will call out any player because he demands so much. But he has been given great reviews by players and coaches as being a top notch leader.

    Kyle has the biggest pedigree. Clearly more demand in his work calling plays as the OC for the past 8 year.

    Vance doesn't have the experience like Kyle. But I think what is really important to note, he raves about working under Wade Phillips back in Houston. He has so much respect for Wade and has the aggressive mentality like Wade.


    I don't know. Scheme wise on offense Kyle makes so much sense. Vance Joseph is the personality I wanted in Denver instead of Kubiak.
    Last edited by tp13baby; 01-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,209
    Well, since our biggest issue is offense it would make sense to bring in an offensive minded dude who's apparently a "genius" (where have I heard that one before)....if only the HC position is that easy.

    It's a ton of pressure to have a guy be in charge of fixing an entire unit and managing a team...we literally just had a guy retire because he couldn't do that. Thinking Shanny Jr. would be able to do that with fluidity might be a bit naive.

    With Joseph..he doesn't have to fix the defense....cause it doesn't need to be fixed. He needs to focus on gathering the right personnel and managing/leading. It seems like Joseph would be coming in better suited to be a HC in terms of managing. Shanny Jr. not only has to do that but he's also in charge of single handily fixing the offense...and chances are...he'll be calling the plays on gameday.

    Just two very interesting dynamics. Shanny is more of the quick fix X's and O's guys. Joseph seems more of the player/personnel evaluation type guy.


    Young, talented, with statistics to back it up vs young, well respected, with reviews to back it up.

    It's going to hinge on shanny jr.'s interview really.

    Joseph already has a leg up due to him already having an interview.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,354
    Apparently a few different sources are saying Shanahan is eyeing the Broncos as his 1st choice.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,209
    Up to how he manages that interview...Shanny Jr. has some red flags to him coming up with a presentation to why the Browns should let him go and being the center of the dysfunction in Washington..

    seriously scared how he would manage that locker room. That defense has a mind of its own...and it should remain that way. 2 years running 1st in DVOA.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,354
    I am starting to warm up to the idea of Joseph and it does seem Joseph has more of that commanding of respect or take charge quality than Shanny Pequeño. Koub seems to be have that aura about him as well and he's intriguing. Reid likened him to John Harbaugh, which doesn't sound too shabby. Plus it'd hurt the Chiefs.

    If Phillips is still around and most of the defensive coaches are retained, I'm not as worried if Shanahan is the guy. If the offense is garbage, I think there's risk of the defense being unruly regardless of the HC.

    I'm interested to see how it all pans out. What's Joseph's plan to address the offense or more specifically, who will he be bringing in. Koub in similar case. Getting McCoy (assuming he doesn't get a HC job) would be big for those guys. Shanahan will have to prove he can burn the candle at both ends and win the locker. Can he replicate Gase's success in Miami? Kinda anxious to see how it all pans out. All three candidates are intriguing.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Up to how he manages that interview...Shanny Jr. has some red flags to him coming up with a presentation to why the Browns should let him go and being the center of the dysfunction in Washington..

    seriously scared how he would manage that locker room. That defense has a mind of its own...and it should remain that way. 2 years running 1st in DVOA.
    Not sure what you heard about Washington. I was reading into it tonight, and he's credited with building that whole offense around RGIII his rookie season. From what I read, RGIII had dysfunction with Mike, but got along well with Kyle. When Washington fired Mike, they had to fire his son as well.

    Kyle wound up in Cleveland and was only there for 1 year. In that year it was reported that the Browns front office was pushing for Manziel to play, and was sending him texts about play calling DURING the games. He wasn't fired, but the Browns allowed him to leave. He took the Atlanta job, and has been phenomenal... the Browns HC and front office have since been cleaned out. This was also a guy who was on the rise and had hopes of being a HC. No way do you stay in Cleveland any longer than you have to if that's the case.

    I don't think those are red flags personally. Especially using hindsight and seeing how awful that Washington and Cleveland situation was. I think it's a big positive that he's landed so well on his feet, honestly.
    Last edited by mgjohnson7851; 01-05-2017 at 02:18 AM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    I am starting to warm up to the idea of Joseph and it does seem Joseph has more of that commanding of respect or take charge quality than Shanny Pequeño. Koub seems to be have that aura about him as well and he's intriguing. Reid likened him to John Harbaugh, which doesn't sound too shabby. Plus it'd hurt the Chiefs.

    If Phillips is still around and most of the defensive coaches are retained, I'm not as worried if Shanahan is the guy. If the offense is garbage, I think there's risk of the defense being unruly regardless of the HC.

    I'm interested to see how it all pans out. What's Joseph's plan to address the offense or more specifically, who will he be bringing in. Koub in similar case. Getting McCoy (assuming he doesn't get a HC job) would be big for those guys. Shanahan will have to prove he can burn the candle at both ends and win the locker. Can he replicate Gase's success in Miami? Kinda anxious to see how it all pans out. All three candidates are intriguing.
    He utterly scares me. Joseph is the complete definition of high risk/high reward. He's only been a coordinator for 1 season. The biggest challenge he had as far as a personality player was Suh, and Suh's been real quiet ever since he got payed. He let Pacman Jones do whatever the hell he wanted to in Cinci though. He's never ever had to deal with personalities like RGIII or Johnny Football, so I think it's premature to say that he's got that take charge quality.

    Dave Toub is interesting. He's only been a special teams coordinator, and I'd like to see him have some sort of level of advancement instead of skipping a step or two. Although with him, I doubt he would call the plays on either side of the ball. He'd need really strong assistant coaches, and I don't think there are any really strong candidates available. McCoy sucks, and I'd rather not see him back in Denver. In his 8 seasons calling plays he's only had a top 15 offense three times....and one of those times was with Manning.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,161
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Not sure what you heard about Washington. I was reading into it tonight, and he's credited with building that whole offense around RGIII his rookie season. From what I read, RGIII had dysfunction with Mike, but got along well with Kyle. When Washington fired Mike, they had to fire his son as well.

    Kyle wound up in Cleveland and was only there for 1 year. In that year it was reported that the Browns front office was pushing for Manziel to play, and was sending him texts about play calling DURING the games. He wasn't fired, but the Browns allowed him to leave. He took the Atlanta job, and has been phenomenal... the Browns HC and front office have since been cleaned out. This was also a guy who was on the rise and had hopes of being a HC. No way do you stay in Cleveland any longer than you have to if that's the case.

    I don't think those are red flags personally. Especially using hindsight and seeing how awful that Washington and Cleveland situation was. I think it's a big positive that he's landed so well on his feet, honestly.
    When a coach specifically calls you out in public for quitting that says a lot. Mike Pettine did that to Kyle. Although Cleveland had its issues, Johnny, the Browns organization in general, quitting on a team is the biggest no no in the industry.

    The Kyle situation is interesting because of the **** he has gone through, and it very well be exaggerated.

    I have warmed up to Vance. One things for certain, Wade will be back no matter what with Vance because Vance respects him so much and worked with him. 2, he will challenge players in a professional manner.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lansdale, PA.
    Posts
    5,036
    Ok well i still say we have to trade siemien even if it's for 7th round pick. He IS NOT the future. And he will be an issue if he is benched for Lynch which is what will happen. So get rid of the problem before it starts.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,180
    I'm starting to like what I hear about joseph, Mike Tomlin-esq? Yes please! Just curious who he would bring in to be his OC. Also curious how we would play with Elway.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    20,354
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    He utterly scares me. Joseph is the complete definition of high risk/high reward. He's only been a coordinator for 1 season. The biggest challenge he had as far as a personality player was Suh, and Suh's been real quiet ever since he got payed. He let Pacman Jones do whatever the hell he wanted to in Cinci though. He's never ever had to deal with personalities like RGIII or Johnny Football, so I think it's premature to say that he's got that take charge quality.

    Dave Toub is interesting. He's only been a special teams coordinator, and I'd like to see him have some sort of level of advancement instead of skipping a step or two. Although with him, I doubt he would call the plays on either side of the ball. He'd need really strong assistant coaches, and I don't think there are any really strong candidates available. McCoy sucks, and I'd rather not see him back in Denver. In his 8 seasons calling plays he's only had a top 15 offense three times....and one of those times was with Manning.
    To be fair, McCoy wasn't in ideal situations for chunks of it like with Tebow and Orton and he actually managed to make them look decent. His ability to adapt and work around other's strengths would seem to be ideal if Lynch is the guy going forward immediately. Having Peyton helped tremendously, but he wasn't a desired HC candidate earlier by fluke.

    He's familiar with the FO and knows the players pretty well whether it was coaching them or having to coach/game plan against them. He provides stability and credibility immediately. Something that any of the HC candidates are going to need.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    97,209
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Not sure what you heard about Washington. I was reading into it tonight, and he's credited with building that whole offense around RGIII his rookie season. From what I read, RGIII had dysfunction with Mike, but got along well with Kyle. When Washington fired Mike, they had to fire his son as well.

    Kyle wound up in Cleveland and was only there for 1 year. In that year it was reported that the Browns front office was pushing for Manziel to play, and was sending him texts about play calling DURING the games. He wasn't fired, but the Browns allowed him to leave. He took the Atlanta job, and has been phenomenal... the Browns HC and front office have since been cleaned out. This was also a guy who was on the rise and had hopes of being a HC. No way do you stay in Cleveland any longer than you have to if that's the case.

    I don't think those are red flags personally. Especially using hindsight and seeing how awful that Washington and Cleveland situation was. I think it's a big positive that he's landed so well on his feet, honestly.
    http://waitingfornextyear.com/2015/0...kyle-shanahan/

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ky...s-dysfunction/

    His fault or not, little Shanny comes off as a bit arrogant...and the preliminary meeting doesn't seem to be all that good. Roddy white came out and flat out said "he didn't understand us and we didn't understand him...he wrecked our offense."

    Yes, they fixed it...but this stuff can't be ignored. He'll be running a TEAM with players AND coaches...not just a single unit.

    It's both good and bad. We've seen him struggle and we've seen him have good success but these little things need to be known.

    Joseph, on the other hand, has not had any negative encounters with whoever in his stops.

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •