Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Official 2017 Denver Broncos Off-Season Thread

Welp with us being eliminated from the playoffs last night, it's time to get one of these going. Sure the season didn't go as we all hoped, but their is a lot to look forward to. We are only a few pieces away from being an elite team again, and according to Spotrac we will have about $38M in cap space with no players really needing to be resigned.

A big mystery is coaching changes. Schereth said today that he thinks it's greater than a 50% chance that Kubiak steps down. Kubiak didn't help dispel that rumor at his presser today when he said that on the plane ride home last night he thought about so many things that he wouldn't have time to talk about it all. He then ended his presser early before anyone could ask him a question about retirement.

Even if Kubiak does decide to remain the HC, you have to believe that there are big changes coming for the offensive coaches. The offense was a disaster for a second consecutive year, and you all know Elway won't be content with status quo.

Then there is the issue of QB. What would you guys like to see happen in the off season in regards to that position? Do you want to go after Romo? Taylor if he's available? Or hope that Lynch takes massive strides?

We can probably revive the draft thread now, but what positions would you all like to key on in the draft? How about Free Agency? Any players you think we should take a stab at? Trades?

Get ready Broncos nation. I see an off season coming up like we had after the Super Bowl 48 loss.

Fire Kubiak. An automatic 4 more wins with that single move.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Firing Kubiak would lead to Wade more than likely leaving as well. As talented as this defense is, Wade brings it together.

hoping kubes and elway have the balls to remove dennison from the OC position... He could be the worst ever..

Sports fans check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7...ONEiygcjbfyUHQ for nfl and sports videos

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    hoping kubes and elway have the balls to remove dennison from the OC position... He could be the worst ever..
    Kubiak does the offensive game planning and calls the offensive plays. Dennison is just a guy with a Broncos hat. Kubiak runs, directs and is 100% responsible for our offense.

Those NFL Network shows about Kubiak being a mastermind with how he handled the QB situation last year made me laugh. Luckiest mother ****er ever. If it wasn't for Wade/defense and putting an arguably best QB of all time back in the lineup, he'd be nothing more than a John Fox.

If Kubiak is here next year, Elway needs to add a real offensive coordinator.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Kubiak does the offensive game planning and calls the offensive plays. Dennison is just a guy with a Broncos hat. Kubiak runs, directs and is 100% responsible for our offense.

Those NFL Network shows about Kubiak being a mastermind with how he handled the QB situation last year made me laugh. Luckiest mother ****er ever. If it wasn't for Wade/defense and putting an arguably best QB of all time back in the lineup, he'd be nothing more than a John Fox.

If Kubiak is here next year, Elway needs to add a real offensive coordinator.
    Actually it's Kubiak, Knapp, and Dennison doing the gamelan and calling plays. Kubiak straight up said at one of his press conferences that those 3 call plays in every game. One of the dumbest things I've heard an NFL coach say.

Another thing I don't understand is that Kubiak has had pretty good offenses wherever he's gone. Remember when Baltimore fans were actually salty when we hired Kubiak away from them? I wondering if Kubiak has given Dennison and Knapp way more control in the play calling abs game planning than they should ever have. Maybe he did it as a way to lessen the amount of stress he has? I don't know, but it's baffling to me how this offense is so bad. The last 2 years are easily two of the worst offenses Kubiak has ever coached.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    How many O-lines has Kubiak had that were this useless.. not to give him a scapegoat, but it all started and ended with that group. I will be sorely disappointed if we don't have 4 new starters next season, Paradis is good enough to lead that group

Wow Kubiak can go **** himself. What the **** is the point of starting Siemian? What a moron.

Seems like we need, at the least:

O-line (desperately!)
    Improved D-Line. We need some studs on the line like Malik was.
    At least 1 better linebacker - fast to cover guys out of the backfield and TE's

I am generally fine with the rest of the team.

I've been saying almost all season siemien is a place holder this year. Kubs is starting him in hopes he looks better then last week to improve his trade value. Siemien is gone during the draft so is talib then we get oline and dline help and let the chips fall where they may. But mark my words siemien will NOT be the QB next season

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    I've been saying almost all season siemien is a place holder this year. Kubs is starting him in hopes he looks better then last week to improve his trade value. Siemien is gone during the draft so is talib then we get oline and dline help and let the chips fall where they may. But mark my words siemien will NOT be the QB next season
    I'd like to believe this, but Siemian is Kubiak's guy. He's given Siemian so many more opportunities than he should have, and this is just icing on the cake. Kubiak has a knack for latching onto bad QB's for too long. It literally cost him his job in Houston because he latched himself onto Schaub.

If we get a new HC...then everything practically starts over.

Now, at face value you're probably saying "well that's not too bad...keep the defense together and the offense needs to start from scratch anyway"

Not that easy. Anytime you get a new HC...they are bringing their guys in....different voice, different ideologies. How much control will they want over matters...how much will be allotted to them?

Will our good coaches that we already have want to stay? Or will the new guy want to keep them?

This is tricky because of our QB situation. We invested in Lynch so we could develop him. Does this guy want to have Lynch as THEIR guy? Would they like Siemian better?

So it's like we're constantly starting over. You guys do realize our o-line hasn't been a set unit since like 2012 right? It's a constant shuffle of personnel and/or system. Once again, we're going to have a unit that won't be together for next year.

I'm not for Kubs getting fired...I am for him getting actual help instead of whatever offensive coaches he has with him.

This scheme and system is Kubs. Now, who game-plans, designs plays, call plays...that's up in the air. We have seen instances where it was clearly Kubs...then we have seen instances where we don't know who the **** is doing what.

Kubs needs someone to push him...or better yet..someone to take control. Someone that is actually qualified in doing it that is.

It's shaping up to be yet another dramatic off-season. Got to love this ****in organization.

Only way Kubiak is leaving is if he retires. Clancy is all but gone. I was previously under the impression Dennison was mostly the line coach, but maybe not. Perhaps he moves to OL coach officially or maybe he's gone too. I wouldn't hate the idea of Knapp being promoted to OC.

I can see some reasons why folks want him gone, but I'd rather build around him. Maybe have him step back from play calling. He's a year removed from winning the SB and is Elway's guy. He's not going anywhere this upcoming year unless it's on his terms.

im agreeing with most Kubiak getting fired is not a good thing and I dont want that to happen. I want a new OC and Line coach.
    If we can get a new OC that has a slightly diff view on offensive scheme Kubs and him can work on combining the 2 in the offseason and maybe the offense will score more than 10 points. Dennison is just a puppet and needs to go

Sports fans check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7...ONEiygcjbfyUHQ for nfl and sports videos

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast