Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,501 to 1,511 of 1511
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Bulls can't afford both anyway. A max for Ibaka alone is going to be like a $30M cap hit.

Gallo will probably get around $20M per himself.

This idea that they can land 2 good players in FA is unrealistic, unless they BOTH take discounts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Even without Wade and Rondo on the roster?

I don't see why we would max out Ibaka. I don't really think he is all that great.

The Official Bulls' Game Thread

reasons why a team trades their franchise guy

1. Stupidly

2. Basically giving in showing that you can't build a roster around your top guy . Also it shows me if you can't do that what makes you can build around an unproven talent in a rebuild?

3. The franchise guy wants out

Another reason is that guy can't really elevate others .

Last year before the all star break Bulls were a top 3 seeded team and then Jimmy got hurt vs Denver and missed 15 games after that injury . Jimmy struggled getting into a grove coming back until late in the season when it was too late ; Bulls won 42 games last year.

Bulls this year with a worse roster especially after trading two rotation players for guys not even in our rotation now got willed to 41 wins by Butler , a 35 year old SG and whoever decided to show up this year with a lame duck head coach . Butler played 76 games this season

I think Jimmy can't help lead a team the thing is it's the FO constructing the team.
    Last edited by Stunner; 04-13-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Magic fire their gm and promote the Great MATT LLYOD

I did not watch a bulls game this year, I do not know what "Zipser" is but I fully expect them to go undefeated in the playoffs

Epic upset of the Celtics coming next ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    I don't see why we would max out Ibaka. I don't really think he is all that great.
    He's a decent offensive player who doesn't demand the ball, and hits 3's efficiently. He's also a good athletic defensive 4 in his prime. I think fit wise next to Jimmy, he is as ideal as it gets. I'd rather not blow our wad on Milsap and although I wouldn't be mad if we snatched up Griffin, if we can get Ibaka cheaper, he makes more sense and isn't nearly as injury prone. It's all about the fit for me. Ibaka just fits. He also had a nice playoffs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    He's a decent offensive player who doesn't demand the ball, and hits 3's efficiently. He's also a good athletic defensive 4 in his prime. I think fit wise next to Jimmy, he is as ideal as it gets. I'd rather not blow our wad on Milsap and although I wouldn't be mad if we snatched up Griffin, if we can get Ibaka cheaper, he makes more sense and isn't nearly as injury prone. It's all about the fit for me. Ibaka just fits. He also had a nice playoffs last year.
    I like Ibaka, but I don't see him as a max player is all. If we had great defensive Ibaka with his good shooting now I'd take it but he is isn't a defensive difference maker anymore (a good defender, not a great one). I agree he fits next to Jimmy well, but I'd rather not pay him max money. Maybe $20 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    I like Ibaka, but I don't see him as a max player is all. If we had great defensive Ibaka with his good shooting now I'd take it but he is isn't a defensive difference maker anymore (a good defender, not a great one). I agree he fits next to Jimmy well, but I'd rather not pay him max money. Maybe $20 million a year.
    I mean I agree with that too. You never know if Ibaka will demand that kind of money though. I think the entire league knows he's an above average role player.

Ryan Anderson 20 mil
    Noah 18 mil
    Howard 23.3 mil
    Fournier 17 mil
    Mozgov 16 mil
    Whiteside 24.5
    Parsons 23.5

I can't see him getting much more than most of these guys. Somewhere around 20 Million seems about right. Maybe 24/25 with inflation. He isn't going to get a crazy Conley deal. There seems to be plenty of guys on the market that will get those crazy numbers.

Tier 1
    Griffin, Steph, Durant, Paul, Hayward, Lowry, Milsap

Tier 2a
    Teague, Gallinari, Ibaka, Hill, Jrue

Tier 2b Restricted Guys
    Porter, KCP, Niko, Noel, Hardaway

Tier 3 Role Players/Overrated guys
    Monroe, Plumlee, Redick, Ersan, Mills, Patterson, Korver, Livingston, Collison, Randolph

There are other player option and Restricted guys I didn't list. If those top guys are getting the full max contracts, I highly doubt someone like Ibaka gets one as well. Same for Gallinari, Hill, Teague, and Jrue. Teams know that these guys are low 2nd high 3rd option players.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I mean I agree with that too. You never know if Ibaka will demand that kind of money though. I think the entire league knows he's an above average role player.

Ryan Anderson 20 mil
    Noah 18 mil
    Howard 23.3 mil
    Fournier 17 mil
    Mozgov 16 mil
    Whiteside 24.5
    Parsons 23.5

I can't see him getting much more than most of these guys. Somewhere around 20 Million seems about right. Maybe 24/25 with inflation. He isn't going to get a crazy Conley deal. There seems to be plenty of guys on the market that will get those crazy numbers.

Tier 1
    Griffin, Steph, Durant, Paul, Hayward, Lowry, Milsap

Tier 2a
    Teague, Gallinari, Ibaka, Hill, Jrue

Tier 2b Restricted Guys
    Porter, KCP, Niko, Noel, Hardaway

Tier 3 Role Players/Overrated guys
    Monroe, Plumlee, Redick, Ersan, Mills, Patterson, Korver, Livingston, Collison, Randolph

There are other player option and Restricted guys I didn't list. If those top guys are getting the full max contracts, I highly doubt someone like Ibaka gets one as well. Same for Gallinari, Hill, Teague, and Jrue. Teams know that these guys are low 2nd high 3rd option players.
    I don't expect us to be in play for the top guys. I would not be surprised if we use Rondo's expiring to grab a player. I really think Melo will be an option. Try and use that to entice Cp3 to come. I know some think that isn't possible. But I think we could offer Cp3 a good contract if he wanted to come

Most of those tier 1 guys will probably stay put, so guys like Ibaka & Teague will be overpaid by the ones missing out. George Hill has already made it known that he wants a max...Lol, so expecting anything less from Ibaka is probably unrealistic.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101