Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Went back to 2002 league standings...

Last season the 8th seed in the west had a .500 record... Good chance this season is the first time since 96'/97' that the west will have a team in the playoffs with a sub .500 record...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    27 points today for Horford without IT.... pretty laughable.
    Barely beat the Nets, lost to the 76'ers. I don't care if he scores 50 if we're playing terrible basketball.

It's a formula that makes a lot of sense. It's not a person trying to get hits by saying something stupid. Clearly on that list there are six elite teams.

Didn't Stevens say that the C's are not as good as their record. Interesting, we've seen the same thing. Something a Green Teamer with questionable objectivity cannot.
    Still in 2nd, two games out of first despite MASSIVE injury struggles. Keep on keeping on.

27 points today for Horford without IT.... pretty laughable.

It's a formula that makes a lot of sense. It's not a person trying to get hits by saying something stupid. Clearly on that list there are six elite teams.

Didn't Stevens say that the C's are not as good as their record. Interesting, we've seen the same thing. Something a Green Teamer with questionable objectivity cannot.
    I love Horford on this team and he did put up 27/8/6, but at the same time it was against a 76ers team that no longer has Embiid or Noel and Okafor left the game a little more than half way through. He was going up against bench players the entire time.

Also the team defense down low was awful by the celtics. All of the 76ers bigs shot above 50% today.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

This game just proves this team is pathetic on the offensive side without IT. We only have one or two scoring threats outside of him and Horford is right on the border of being one of them

Sixers beat Mavs the other night by 40 points. It's not like we're talking about last year Sixers team. To many mistakes to close the 3rd quarter and awful performance by Crowder and Bradley late cost us the game.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    Sixers beat Mavs the other night by 40 points. It's not like we're talking about last year Sixers team. To many mistakes to close the 3rd quarter and awful performance by Crowder and Bradley late cost us the game.
    LOL the Mavs are 30-39, and recently lost one of their best players Chandler Parsons. Philly traded Noel, lost Embiid to injury, and okafor left half way through the game last night.

That was an awful loss, even without IT.

OK, enough on the mighty 76'ers

Washington..... this is potential kryptonite. This is a key game going down the stretch.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

The tough one month part of the schedule is recently over:

8-7

vs Toronto, Washington, Cleveland:

3-7

vs West:

16-13

Please avoid misleading stats such as seeding in the inferior Eastern Conference. The West has 3 teams with better W-L records than the EC #1 - and that's with a tougher schedule.

Those are the W-L marks of a team not getting past round 2 unless they draw say the Bucks and the Pacers. More likely we get Toronto or Washington in round 2 and as of this point in time I don't like our chances against either one.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    LOL the Mavs are 30-39, and recently lost one of their best players Chandler Parsons. Philly traded Noel, lost Embiid to injury, and okafor left half way through the game last night.

That was an awful loss, even without IT.
    Parsons has been miserable this year (and he plays for Grizzlies). Last year he was benched late in the season because he was close to disaster efficiency wise. Mavs have played pretty good lately and still are in the hunt for that 8th place in West. There's no Good loss. I just pointed to you that this Sixers team plays hard and it's not easy to beat them anymore. I also pointed out the reason we lost. Until you have anything smart to say, don't just quote and reply crap.
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Red Auerbach

Parsons has been miserable this year (and he plays for Grizzlies). Last year he was benched late in the season because he was close to disaster efficiency wise. Mavs have played pretty good lately and still are in the hunt for that 8th place in West. There's no Good loss. I just pointed to you that this Sixers team plays hard and it's not easy to beat them anymore. I also pointed out the reason we lost. Until you have anything smart to say, don't just quote and reply crap.
    Considering his contract he has been downright miserable... Better it be the Grizz signing his checks though...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

OK, enough on the mighty 76'ers

Washington..... this is potential kryptonite. This is a key game going down the stretch.
    Looking forward to this game...

Reggie Lewis

my bad i forgot parson went to the grizz. Regardless its not even the same 76ers team thats been playing all year. Most of the year they had Embiid and Noel, and they didnt have Okafor for half the game either. Pretty much a shell of the team theyve had all year anyways.

Also Mavs have been on an east coast swing and going through one of the easiest parts of their schedule.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 03-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Bradley is having a great game right now vs washington.

Probably one of the better all around team wins for the Celtics tonight. Thought JC, Bradley, Horford, IT and KO all played well.

Regular Season In-Game Thread

Good to see we beat the refs and Washington last night.
    One More Time

Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast