Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Maybe 2-3 teams with be trying to tank. You never know. Let's look at this in 380 days.
    I know what you mean, theres plenty of time between now and then. You can still make projections, and I highly doubt Brooklyn pick isnt a top 3 lotto selection. They need quite a few pieces added for them to get our of the bottom 5 or so teams for 2018.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Looking at their career one would easily conclude in the playoffs Horford plays closer to his regular seasons averages than IT has. Obviously in this athmosphere its not generally pointed out the IT is an abysmal defensive player while Horford is a good one.

Also I'm surprised it's escaped your notice than IT's 30 PG explosions occurred when DA moved Horford away from the paint. Horford gets no credit for this, just blame in lower rebound numbers from casual fans with more opinions than knowledge. Horford is the best passer on the team and the team's overall offense runs better this year compared to last year more due to Horford than any other single factor. IT doesn't get that credit because he's much more of a one on one player. One should be able to see that without aid of statistics.
    Alright, none of that changes what I said. Thomas is more valuable.

Also, Isaiah Thomas from last year is still better than Horford this year. Better numbers across the board, both basic and advanced.

Back to the topic of proper ranking, **** network has an interesting page that seeks to do just that (not quite as much as seems obvious) as opposed to just taking the the seeding from a borderline pathetic conference.

They have:

Rank - Team -- Adj Rec --Record

1. Golden State 57-11 -- 54-14
    2 San Antonio - 53-14 -- 52-15
    3 Houston ----- 51-18 -- 47-22
    4 Utah --------- 46-23 -- 42-26 gee, the 4 best teams all from the West.
    5 Cleveland ---- 45-22 -- 45-22
    6 Toronto ------ 44-25 -- 40-29
    7 Clippers ------ 41-28 -- 40-29
    8 Boston ------- 41-28 -- 44-25
    9 Washington -- 40-28 -- 42-26

About two months ago when this started I said the C's were between 9-12. Well they are tied for 8h with Washington one game behind. They've played well, but with an equal schedule and no Conferences they are a 4th or 5th seed, not a 2nd as a member of the inferior East promotes them too.
    They have Cleveland ranked fifth. It's already a joke. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Not arguing that they are the worst team in the league this season... As of right now the Lakers are the worst team in the league... They may not win another game with or without Deng and Mozgov...

They do have only 13 wins, but out of those 13 wins Lin was in the lineup for 7 of them... He doesn't get injured and the Nets easily have closer to if not a tad over 20 wins... I will bet anything on that...

I just see them as a team who is buying into the coaches system...
    Even after buying into the coaches system, they're simply not talented enough. They'll make a few minor acquisitions in the off-season, but they'll still be fighting for the worst record next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Alright, none of that changes what I said. Thomas is more valuable.

Also, Isaiah Thomas from last year is still better than Horford this year. Better numbers across the board, both basic and advanced.
    We're closing in on playoff time. IT has a horrific set of stats in the post season. As the #1 offensive threat he'll get more of the D he faced last year, and back a few weeks ago in a few games.

It's a team game, and you can't play with 5 IT's. The team has to work together, and Horford certainly helps the team in more ways than IT. Horford's contributions to the team are not as easily shut down in the playoffs as IT's either.

They have Cleveland ranked fifth. It's already a joke. Next.
    Maybe you should look at the adjusted wins too. Clearly there are 3 elite teams, 3 in the middle (Toronto 6ht) and three teams trailing those six headed by the C's.

The Cavs are hurt by the simple fact that the East is a weak sister to the West. It's a bloody obvious fact to anybody w/o an agenda.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Every time someone tells me Horford is overpaid I tell them to wait till playoffs.

Every teams main ball handler/scorer needs other players around him in the playoffs(even Lebron) as a release valve

Horford will earn his money in the playoffs as just that....hopefully lol

Teams are going to trap IT as soon as he crosses the half court line with the ball and force him to pass. Last year we had Sully for him to pass to, this year Horford will make plays.

The C's better hope AB uses these last 13 games to get back into game form for the playoffs...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

We're closing in on playoff time. IT has a horrific set of stats in the post season. As the #1 offensive threat he'll get more of the D he faced last year, and back a few weeks ago in a few games.

It's a team game, and you can't play with 5 IT's. The team has to work together, and Horford certainly helps the team in more ways than IT. Horford's contributions to the team are not as easily shut down in the playoffs as IT's either.
    No one is saying Horford hasn't helped make IT better. Last year IT was the only threat on offense. Saying this team would be better with Horford over IT is the silly part. Our offense is almost laughable without IT because no one can create their own shot from the perimeter (Horford can inside).

Maybe you should look at the adjusted wins too. Clearly there are 3 elite teams, 3 in the middle (Toronto 6ht) and three teams trailing those six headed by the C's.

The Cavs are hurt by the simple fact that the East is a weak sister to the West. It's a bloody obvious fact to anybody w/o an agenda.
    Cleveland is an elite team. If someone believes otherwise... I wouldn't even know what to say to them.

Lol such a tug of war going on with Horford in this thread. Horford is a huge addition to this team and it shows, no one can deny that. The problem is he really isnt a max guy. Hes the next tier down so some fans are angry that his stats dont represent that.

Right now he is having many near career lows (2pt%, TS%, efg%, rebounding%, steals% and WS/48)

Also experiencing near career highs in ( 3pt%, Assist%, Block% and unfortunately Turnover%)

So its really a mixed bag for him so far this year. He does a lot of intangible things, but he is also having one of his worst years as a professional, with a few bright spots.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Lol such a tug of war going on with Horford in this thread. Horford is a huge addition to this team and it shows, no one can deny that. The problem is he really isnt a max guy. Hes the next tier down so some fans are angry that his stats dont represent that.
    Definitely a huge and must needed addition for the C's...

Somebody was going to Max out Horford... In order to be where the C's are right now they needed Horford... His stats have never really been eye opening, but he's a steady player with a good BB IQ and he's a seasoned and respected vet...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Definitely a huge and must needed addition for the C's...

Somebody was going to Max out Horford... In order to be where the C's are right now they needed Horford... His stats have never really been eye opening, but he's a steady player with a good BB IQ and he's a seasoned and respected vet...
    I really like horford, I think hes really good and its true that someone else would have maxed him. But as far as this season compared to others that he has had, its been one of his worst as a pro.

I dont think he is as good as some people make him out to be nor do I think he is as bad as the opposite side tries to say.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 03-19-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Every time you think this team has a legit chance of being the #1 seed they go lay an egg against a crap team, smfh.

Horford, JC, Avery and Isiah are all in top 25 out of 477 players in allowing the most 2nd chance points.

Just so there's no confusion: I like Horford, he's a good player. All I've said is that IT is more important to you know, winning games.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    No one is saying Horford hasn't helped make IT better. Last year IT was the only threat on offense. Saying this team would be better with Horford over IT is the silly part. Our offense is almost laughable without IT because no one can create their own shot from the perimeter (Horford can inside).
    27 points today for Horford without IT.... pretty laughable.

Cleveland is an elite team. If someone believes otherwise... I wouldn't even know what to say to them.
    It's a formula that makes a lot of sense. It's not a person trying to get hits by saying something stupid. Clearly on that list there are six elite teams.

Didn't Stevens say that the C's are not as good as their record. Interesting, we've seen the same thing. Something a Green Teamer with questionable objectivity cannot.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast