Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Celtics beat the TWolves, Wizard lose to Mavericks, what a day to be alive!!

Really is going to be an interesting race to the finish, hopefully the Celtics can take advantage of not only being healthy but having a very easy schedule.

If we can finish 2nd in the division, I think there's a real chance we could make it to the ECF and get smashed by the Cavs! haha

Can the Lakers go 0-14 and the Nets 9-7...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

For us to do anything after the first round in the playoffs we need games like last night from Al.

If I was Stevens(and I hope this is his plan) I would lean very heavy on Al for the final 15 games of the season get him on a good flow going into the postseason because that's when we will need him

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    For us to do anything after the first round in the playoffs we need games like last night from Al.

If I was Stevens(and I hope this is his plan) I would lean very heavy on Al for the final 15 games of the season get him on a good flow going into the postseason because that's when we will need him
    Yes and no though depending on if you mean minute wise or usage wise... If you want the minutes to increase during the final stretch I say bad idea for the future... If you want his usage to increase for the final stretch I say yes, but it seems that is not the case... Since January his usage is dropping...

I say keep everything the same, but I will say JB needs to be utilized more in the final stretch...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

IT out for 2 games with a knee issue...

Call me crazy, but have AB start at the 1 and JB at the 2... Keep the 2nd unit as is, but let JB have more minutes...

Reggie Lewis

Stupid question, but can the C's beat the Nets without IT...???

They'd better...

Reggie Lewis

I love Smart's heart and competitiveness, but sometimes he seems like he's gonna wear out his welcome... You can push your teamates ala MJ, LeBron, Kobe because you are great and because you earned that respect...

But being a bully can be a detriment to a team IMO... I'm not saying Smart's a bully, but his volatility doesn't seem like it's gonna let up any time soon, if anything it probably will get worse...

Smart went off on JB like he was a seasoned 10 year vet... He also seems to have this thing about looking for a fight for any talk back... Personally, I'm sure Smart is a been there done that kid who seen a lot, but sometimes that's the kid who needs the open hand slap to the face in front of everyone to have him back off...

Reggie Lewis

Let see who steps up tonight for the C's tonight!!

Will Smart get the start??

Did Kelly use up all his points for the week?? Lol

Will Al have another big game??

Smart and Rozier shooting a beautiful combined 3-21 from the floor.

I remember when people tried to legitimately argue that we'd be better with Horford rather than Thomas (if we could only have one).

I can't see the Nets being the same or any worse next season... They definitely are playing like a team who doesn't care they have the worst record in the league this season... Pretty much the whole team (even though it looks on paper like a rag tag group) will be back which is good for chemistry and understanding of Atkinsons system...

They'll still get 2 1st's this season even though it will end up being middle or late 20's... IMO, they have shown they are pretty good at scouting with late picks (LeVert)... Bringing in a young guy like Goodwin (22yrs old), is another way to possibly develop young talent they won't be able to get without picks...

As much as I would love another top 3 pick next season, I just don't see it happening...

The game would have been different with IT on the court, but the way they battled I can see them going 7-7 rather than 6-8 to end the season...

Reggie Lewis

^They have 13 wins. The next closest team has 20. They're the worst team BY FAR this year. Even if they get a decent amount better, they'll still be fighting for the worst record next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I can't see the Nets being the same or any worse next season... They definitely are playing like a team who doesn't care they have the worst record in the league this season... Pretty much the whole team (even though it looks on paper like a rag tag group) will be back which is good for chemistry and understanding of Atkinsons system...

They'll still get 2 1st's this season even though it will end up being middle or late 20's... IMO, they have shown they are pretty good at scouting with late picks (LeVert)... Bringing in a young guy like Goodwin (22yrs old), is another way to possibly develop young talent they won't be able to get without picks...

As much as I would love another top 3 pick next season, I just don't see it happening...

The game would have been different with IT on the court, but the way they battled I can see them going 7-7 rather than 6-8 to end the season...
    I'm not really seeing where they improve that much either though. Yes, they will get a late first round pick when they swap with us, but even that will be in the mid to late 20's. They wont be drafting a guy who will be coming in and being a significant difference maker in his first year.

Brooklyn is not an attractive free agent destination right now, so many of the big names are unlikely to go there and the only chance they really have of getting better is signing second tier free agents or RFA(which they tried with tyler johnson last year and failed)

Unless there is a massive overhaul( which is doubtful considering their lack of assets) Brooklyn will likely be a bottom 3 team next year. There is very little chance they improve enough to where Brooklyn 18 is outside top 3 lottery.

Brooklyn will need to improve by about 10 wins. With the East slowly getting better each year, I dont see any scenarios where they would jump 10+ wins next season. They are that far behind right now.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    Smart and Rozier shooting a beautiful combined 3-21 from the floor.

I remember when people tried to legitimately argue that we'd be better with Horford rather than Thomas (if we could only have one).
    Looking at their career one would easily conclude in the playoffs Horford plays closer to his regular seasons averages than IT has. Obviously in this athmosphere its not generally pointed out the IT is an abysmal defensive player while Horford is a good one.

Also I'm surprised it's escaped your notice than IT's 30 PG explosions occurred when DA moved Horford away from the paint. Horford gets no credit for this, just blame in lower rebound numbers from casual fans with more opinions than knowledge. Horford is the best passer on the team and the team's overall offense runs better this year compared to last year more due to Horford than any other single factor. IT doesn't get that credit because he's much more of a one on one player. One should be able to see that without aid of statistics.

Back to the topic of proper ranking, **** network has an interesting page that seeks to do just that (not quite as much as seems obvious) as opposed to just taking the the seeding from a borderline pathetic conference.

They have:

Rank - Team -- Adj Rec --Record

1. Golden State 57-11 -- 54-14
    2 San Antonio - 53-14 -- 52-15
    3 Houston ----- 51-18 -- 47-22
    4 Utah --------- 46-23 -- 42-26 gee, the 4 best teams all from the West.
    5 Cleveland ---- 45-22 -- 45-22
    6 Toronto ------ 44-25 -- 40-29
    7 Clippers ------ 41-28 -- 40-29
    8 Boston ------- 41-28 -- 44-25
    9 Washington -- 40-28 -- 42-26

About two months ago when this started I said the C's were between 9-12. Well they are tied for 8h with Washington one game behind. They've played well, but with an equal schedule and no Conferences they are a 4th or 5th seed, not a 2nd as a member of the inferior East promotes them too.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    I'm not really seeing where they improve that much either though. Yes, they will get a late first round pick when they swap with us, but even that will be in the mid to late 20's. They wont be drafting a guy who will be coming in and being a significant difference maker in his first year.

Brooklyn is not an attractive free agent destination right now, so many of the big names are unlikely to go there and the only chance they really have of getting better is signing second tier free agents or RFA(which they tried with tyler johnson last year and failed)

Unless there is a massive overhaul( which is doubtful considering their lack of assets) Brooklyn will likely be a bottom 3 team next year. There is very little chance they improve enough to where Brooklyn 18 is outside top 3 lottery.

Brooklyn will need to improve by about 10 wins. With the East slowly getting better each year, I dont see any scenarios where they would jump 10+ wins next season. They are that far behind right now.
    Maybe 2-3 teams with be trying to tank. You never know. Let's look at this in 380 days.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

told you all since 2010 he was a toolbag.....

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    ^They have 13 wins. The next closest team has 20. They're the worst team BY FAR this year. Even if they get a decent amount better, they'll still be fighting for the worst record next year.
    Not arguing that they are the worst team in the league this season... As of right now the Lakers are the worst team in the league... They may not win another game with or without Deng and Mozgov...

They do have only 13 wins, but out of those 13 wins Lin was in the lineup for 7 of them... He doesn't get injured and the Nets easily have closer to if not a tad over 20 wins... I will bet anything on that...

I just see them as a team who is buying into the coaches system...

Reggie Lewis

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast