Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
    Finished best in the EAST.....2017.....now on to the Playoffs.....Go Celtics (fist pump).

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    I've never seen fans of a Boston sports team act like this. You'd think we were fighting for the 8th seed with no bright future.

My best guess is people look at the players names and think we're simply not good? I'm really not sure, it's just very weird. This forum also seems to get very caught up in single games. Like one bad loss and they think the team is done for. I don't know, I won't try to explain it. I've said we were very good from the beginning and I was right so I'm content with that.
    The NBA is just different man. It doesn't matter how good a TEAM is or can be, if they don't have any top end talent it doesn't matter. The celtics were a great story this year and they played well and ended with a record that - by the way - they were expected to hit. Vegas had them at either 52.5 or 53.5 wins for the season depending which book you fancy. They don't have a lebron or harden or curry or Durant. In the end, those are the championship teams.

No one is taking away the success that they had this year. People are just saying pump the brakes on comparing this team to Cleveland SA and GS.

For the record... people were talking about the celtics big wins. Although they did mostly preform poor against the top teams, the GS win was big (yes even without Durant) and the Houston win was big. I would vote for those 2

OK serious question did we really win the East ( yes I know we did) or did Cleveland just give up trying?

1st place in the East, pretty cool

We should send a thank you letter to Cleveland for blowing it since the All-Star break.

Now if we could just get that 1st pick and make it to the 2nd round it will be a truly successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by celtNYpatsHeels View Post
    The NBA is just different man. It doesn't matter how good a TEAM is or can be, if they don't have any top end talent it doesn't matter. The celtics were a great story this year and they played well and ended with a record that - by the way - they were expected to hit. Vegas had them at either 52.5 or 53.5 wins for the season depending which book you fancy. They don't have a lebron or harden or curry or Durant. In the end, those are the championship teams.

No one is taking away the success that they had this year. People are just saying pump the brakes on comparing this team to Cleveland SA and GS.
    I don't think anyone has compared us to those teams. That's just the narrative some people have pushed. "We're not that good", "we can't get the one seed", "several teams in the east are better". All ****ing season. We're at the end of the season now and sitting in the one spot. Most of the people who said we weren't that good are no where to be seen. It's a joke, they should be happy that they were wrong.

Every team plays 82 games and we were the best team in the East. That's it. If this was any other Boston team no one would care how we got here. No idea why it's different for the Celtics and people have tried to do anything and everything to discredit their success. It's just weird, that's all I'm saying.

For the record... people were talking about the celtics big wins. Although they did mostly preform poor against the top teams, the GS win was big (yes even without Durant) and the Houston win was big. I would vote for those 2
    They had big wins and someone claimed they didn't. There's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    I don't think anyone has compared us to those teams. That's just the narrative some people have pushed. "We're not that good", "we can't get the one seed", "several teams in the east are better". All ****ing season. We're at the end of the season now and sitting in the one spot. Most of the people who said we weren't that good are no where to be seen. It's a joke, they should be happy that they were wrong.

Every team plays 82 games and we were the best team in the East. That's it. If this was any other Boston team no one would care how we got here. No idea why it's different for the Celtics and people have tried to do anything and everything to discredit their success. It's just weird, that's all I'm saying.

They had big wins and someone claimed they didn't. There's that.
    It's natural to be concerned with our success against specific teams with the playoffs looming. You can do whatever you want in your head to justify why we get crushed by Cleveland and Toronto, but it doesn't change the facts.

Luckily with the 1st seed we won't have to see either of those teams until the ECF, so that's brilliant.

We have a good shot at getting there, because something we actually agree on, this team is good.

We are good, not great, and that's what it takes to win a championship.....A great team. I would love to eat crow on this, but when all teams healthy, we are not better than Cleveland or Toronto and will not get by them.

Either way this was a fun, consistently inconsistent season. Hope for a deep playoff run this season, but obviously BOS is trending in the right direction since Stevens was brought in. Great accomplishment to finish with the #1 seed while also having the best odds at the #1 overall pick this year.

He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    Either way this was a fun, consistently inconsistent season. Hope for a deep playoff run this season, but obviously BOS is trending in the right direction since Stevens was brought in. Great accomplishment to finish with the #1 seed while also having the best odds at the #1 overall pick this year.
    Agreed. This team needs to win at least 1 round in the playoffs though for the season to truly be a success. Stevens hasn't got over that hump yet and it's a big one. The Bulls will be a tough match up, not your typical #8 seed. But all in all, we're in great shape for the long run

City of Champions

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657