Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He was a contributor sure. But he was a good Head Coach. And siding with Baalke over him was definitely a bad move.
    Was a terrible move. Best move Baalke made was to hire Harbaugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He was a contributor sure. But he was a good Head Coach. And siding with Baalke over him was definitely a bad move.
    IMO, we'd have gotten to this point at some point regardless of who left first.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Probably given the exodus of talent we experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Depends on the evaluation of players, but clearly that 2012 2013 drafts would've still been Baalke who really destroyed the core of its depth.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

After a month...

1. Ownership
    2. Quarterback
    3. Wide Receiver
    4. Cornerback
    5. Edge Rusher
    6. Running Back
    7. Wide Receiver
    8. Guard
    8. Tight End
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    After a month...

1. Ownership
    2. Quarterback
    3. Wide Receiver
    4. Cornerback
    5. Edge Rusher
    6. Running Back
    7. Wide Receiver
    8. Guard
    8. Tight End
    Ownership?? Disagreed. How is ownership to blame after a month into the season??

I honestly don't get the hate for Hoyer either. Does he miss some throws? Sure, ALL qbs do. He didn't drop like 7 or so passes last game. He didn't cause all of the penalties. He didn't get hit square in the chest with an interception that was dropped. There are a ton of things not going right on this team. To think Hoyer is mostly to blame is flawed imo. The issues vary from week to week and Hoyer is to blame for some of it, but don't think he's the primary issue, I don't agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Ownership?? Disagreed. How is ownership to blame after a month into the season??

I honestly don't get the hate for Hoyer either. Does he miss some throws? Sure, ALL qbs do. He didn't drop like 7 or so passes last game. He didn't cause all of the penalties. He didn't get hit square in the chest with an interception that was dropped. There are a ton of things not going right on this team. To think Hoyer is mostly to blame is flawed imo. The issues vary from week to week and Hoyer is to blame for some of it, but don't think he's the primary issue, I don't agree with that.
    There were not 7 drops in that game. There were at least 2 that I recall, but you don't blame a receiver for a bad throw that the receiver makes an effort to catch.

Hoyer was bad in that game, no question. In that close a game having a QB who is under 50% throw 49 times is an odd decision from an OC. I have to assume that Hyde not "feeling right" was the reason for it ... but it bugged me then and it still bugs me now. And was Mostert inactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There were not 7 drops in that game. There were at least 2 that I recall, but you don't blame a receiver for a bad throw that the receiver makes an effort to catch.

Hoyer was bad in that game, no question. In that close a game having a QB who is under 50% throw 49 times is an odd decision from an OC. I have to assume that Hyde not "feeling right" was the reason for it ... but it bugged me then and it still bugs me now. And was Mostert inactive?
    I think Garcon had 2 alone. I don't buy the "the pass has to be perfect" defense that a lot of folks have. If the receiver has his hands on the ball, I expect him to catch it... Especially at the NFL level

I agree that it was odd for him to throw as much as he did. He definitely wasn't great or even good in the game, but don't think he's as bad overall as many think. The 9ers lead the league with like 11 drops I think I saw.

I dunno, imo, seems like almost every facet of the team needs some improvement. To single any area of the team as the issue seems like a stretch to me. seems each area is consistently inconsistent week in and week out.
    Last edited by nutty; 10-03-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Someone posted his numbers on PA vs non, and it was very lopsided. PA was good, non was bad.

I think Garcon had 2 alone. I don't buy the "the pass has to be perfect" defense that a lot of folks have. If the receiver has his hands on the ball, I expect him to catch it... Especially at the NFL level

I agree that it was odd for him to throw as much as he did. He definitely wasn't great or even good in the game, but don't think he's as bad overall as many think. The 9ers lead the league with like 11 drops I think I saw.
    That's crazy. So you would reward receivers for NOT going for a ball?

Yes, they have been making mistakes of inexperience all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's crazy. So you would reward receivers for NOT going for a ball?

Yes, they have been making mistakes of inexperience all over the place.
    ?? Not saying that all. I'm saying that if a receiver has to reach behind them or jump or whatever else to get a ball and they have both hands on the ball, I expect them to catch it.

Example, Paulsen's drop on Sunday, I'd put on Paulsen. But sure a lot of fans would put that on Hoyer saying he should have made a better throw.

?? Not saying that all. I'm saying that if a receiver has to reach behind them or jump or whatever else to get a ball and they have both hands on the ball, I expect them to catch it.

Example, Paulsen's drop on Sunday, I'd put on Paulsen. But sure a lot of fans would put that on Hoyer saying he should have made a better throw.
    A "drop" is an actual stat that is a negative stat for receivers and a positive stat for QBs. When you look at a QB incompletions you can subtract drops because they were "good" throws and the failure is on the receiver, not the QB. Likewise, if a WR has to toe the sideline with full extension 2 yards out of the field of play on a finger tip catch and when he lands the ball comes loose on a very badly thrown ball ... that, and much less egregious examples are not counted as drops because the lack of a completion is more the fault of the QB than the receiver.

If I'm remembering Paulsen's drop on Sunday correctly then yes, I'd call that a drop, but in that case the ball was WELL within a reasonable catch area. The ball thrown to Garcon when he was going right to left and the ball was thrown behind him and he had to twist back toward the QB while running toward the sideline and try to make that catch ... that was a great effort to make a catch on a badly thrown ball ... the ball was 2 yards off-target and him getting 2 hands on was a huge credit to Garcon and should not be counted as a negative stat on him.

Go ahead and hope they make all the catches, just don't call them "drops" when the throw is significantly off target.

Another issue we have is that some of the "off-target" throws could be receivers who are not where they are supposed to be, but the stat keepers can't know that so those go against the QB by default and always have.

The ownership will always be blamed until they put winning above all else, and makes corrections to the stadium so most of the fans don't get blasted by the sun. They've made one SB appearance, and hired guys like Jim Tomsula, Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary, Dennis Erickson, and is the single most important factor on why the 49ers are the Cleveland Browns of the west. They will ALWAYS be the problem until the 49ers hoist a Lombardi. Just because you have lowered expectations, doesn't mean I have to.

I honestly don't get the hate for Hoyer either.
    Everybody in the world knows he's a stop gap QB that isn't taking this team to the promised land. He's holding the fort until the draft pick can come in. So even Kyle will tell you this team needs a QB, and it'll come in the draft. Hoyer throws 1 INT per game, and that does NOT count the 2 point conversion INT he threw. He's currently ranked 30th in the NFL in passer rating, no wonder the 49ers are 0-4. Oh, and the guy that's about 10 points higher than him in passer rating just got benched. HIGHER. BENCHED. Wake up buddy.

There are a ton of things not going right on this team. To think Hoyer is mostly to blame is flawed imo. The issues vary from week to week and Hoyer is to blame for some of it, but don't think he's the primary issue, I don't agree with that.
    The topic of this thread is rank the STRUCTURAL problems of the 49ers. That is my RANKING. YOU disagree? So you are the guy that thinks Hoyer is our salvation and will take this team to the promised land? How old are you, 5? John Lynch will tell you to your face, as will any person with half a brain, that Hoyer is a stop gap. He's Steve Deberg. Matt Maiocco said this weak, that he's just good enough to lose, just like the 49ers currently are.

nutty: I did put WR #3 on the list, and put it again, and then put TE on it as well.

Lynch and Kyle CHOSE Garcon, Goodwin, Aldrick, Kittle, Taylor... those drops including Paulsen ARE the guys Lynch and Kyle want. They aren't leftovers from Baalke. It's not Vance McDonald out there dropping passes into the opposing team.

What's really odd, is that in 2 years or so, I don't see guys like Paulsen or Aldrick even on this team. I don't think even Goodwin will be. Kittle is shaping up to be a Ted Popson type of guy. I do like his blocking skills though. Athletic, getting open, and making plays? TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    The ownership will always be blamed until they put winning above all else, and makes corrections to the stadium so most of the fans don't get blasted by the sun. They've made one SB appearance, and hired guys like Jim Tomsula, Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary, Dennis Erickson, and is the single most important factor on why the 49ers are the Cleveland Browns of the west. They will ALWAYS be the problem until the 49ers hoist a Lombardi. Just because you have lowered expectations, doesn't mean I have to.

Everybody in the world knows he's a stop gap QB that isn't taking this team to the promised land. He's holding the fort until the draft pick can come in. So even Kyle will tell you this team needs a QB, and it'll come in the draft. Hoyer throws 1 INT per game, and that does NOT count the 2 point conversion INT he threw. He's currently ranked 30th in the NFL in passer rating, no wonder the 49ers are 0-4. Oh, and the guy that's about 10 points higher than him in passer rating just got benched. HIGHER. BENCHED. Wake up buddy.

The topic of this thread is rank the STRUCTURAL problems of the 49ers. That is my RANKING. YOU disagree? So you are the guy that thinks Hoyer is our salvation and will take this team to the promised land? How old are you, 5? John Lynch will tell you to your face, as will any person with half a brain, that Hoyer is a stop gap. He's Steve Deberg. Matt Maiocco said this weak, that he's just good enough to lose, just like the 49ers currently are.
    I sometimes agree with what you say even when most around here think you are an idiot. However after reading your first paragraph, I agree with them.

You blame the ownership as the biggest issue and then talk about the sun in the stadium and previous coaches????? Wow, and you accuse me of being 5? Seriously? Might as well blame the ownership for the slow concession stands and bad parking. Because that has just as much to do with our team as your argument.

Regarding the rest of your post, How can you say Hoyer is the best quarterback in the league and that we have the best secondary in the league? You also think Hyde is terrible? Do you even watch the games? You know nothing about football lefty! You're just a troll. Go away bad dream.

See how easy it is just to accuse someone of saying something?

You just make up stuff that people said and act like it's true to try to make a point that doesn't exist. Then your arguments are hilarious. Lol, you mentioned the sun in the stadium as to why the ownership is the biggest issue. Wow.
    Last edited by nutty; 10-04-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast