Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 215
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Central Coast of Cali
    Posts
    1,199
    I have been saying this for a couple of years now. You build championship teams from the inside out. I think our OL/DL have got to be addressed. We give up way too many sacks, and based on stats we give up an incredible amount of rushing yards. For years, Dallas never drafted an OL, then for 3 years in a row they pick OL with first rounder each year, and now look. I just think that other areas are more sexy, and that is what people want. The philosophy has got to change for this team to get better. A complete and total overhaul is in order. Must get rid of Baalke/Kelly and entire staff. Ownership is going no where, so we are stuck. But he has got to bring in people who are football people and know what the heck they are doing.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    29,391
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdouger View Post
    I have been saying this for a couple of years now. You build championship teams from the inside out. I think our OL/DL have got to be addressed. We give up way too many sacks, and based on stats we give up an incredible amount of rushing yards. For years, Dallas never drafted an OL, then for 3 years in a row they pick OL with first rounder each year, and now look. I just think that other areas are more sexy, and that is what people want. The philosophy has got to change for this team to get better. A complete and total overhaul is in order. Must get rid of Baalke/Kelly and entire staff. Ownership is going no where, so we are stuck. But he has got to bring in people who are football people and know what the heck they are doing.
    Dude what are you talking about? This year we drafted a Guard and DE in the first round. Last year we drafted a DE. The year before that was a Safety, and then a safety before that. But we have taken Dline and offensive line high in the past 5 drafts or so. They aren't panning out. It's our GM.

    Our offensive line, is fine. I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Kap is sacked a lot because he has horrific pocket awareness and he doesn't get rid of the ball. That's not on the offensive line. Kilgore/Brown/Garnett are three guys who will anchor the offensive line. We have good players there, its Qb play that is so bad.

    As for our defensive line, we have no nose tackle or ILB's that would make a 3-4 work. Yea we're getting gashed up the middle. How can you expect us not to? Our personnel doesn't match our scheme. That's on coaching and GM. We have a ton of talent on the defensive line, but it's all at the 3-4 End position. We have 8 guys who can play DE in the 3-4, we have 0 that can play NT. That's an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stonington CT
    Posts
    4,222
    Any real chance Young is our new G.M?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,434
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Any real chance Young is our new G.M?
    I'd look to him for an advisory role, but no way is he ready to GM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,833
    I have said previously I have more evidence pointing to Baalke intentionally torpedoing the team than actually building it especially from 2012-2016.

    The fact that prior to the start of this season, the team was well regarded as the least talented team in football with 40+ million under the cap, and the fact that the 49ers boast the most draft picks in that same span (2012-2016) by a landslide over any other team in football is all the evidence you need to show that Baalke was the problem.

    He drafted RB's every single year, take a guess how many were 1000 yard rushers? It's still ZERO.
    Do we even dare bring up WR's?

    Can anyone here honestly say Baalke did what he could to help Chip Kelly? At all? Jeremy Kerley and the CFL Rogers?

    I'd like to think Donahue will forever be enshrined as the worst GM in franchise history, but I think special consideration should be given to Baalke, b/c he literally trashed the team.

    Sometimes in a few years when a team gets better, we can look back at some of the picks Baalke made now and reflect on whether it wasn't as bad as we once thought. Especially if Armstead & Buckner are 10 year stallworths like Stubby and BY were.

    Or if a single player in the last 3-4 drafts becomes a name recognizable to those outside the organization.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,434
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I have said previously I have more evidence pointing to Baalke intentionally torpedoing the team than actually building it especially from 2012-2016.

    The fact that prior to the start of this season, the team was well regarded as the least talented team in football with 40+ million under the cap, and the fact that the 49ers boast the most draft picks in that same span (2012-2016) by a landslide over any other team in football is all the evidence you need to show that Baalke was the problem.

    He drafted RB's every single year, take a guess how many were 1000 yard rushers? It's still ZERO.
    Do we even dare bring up WR's?

    Can anyone here honestly say Baalke did what he could to help Chip Kelly? At all? Jeremy Kerley and the CFL Rogers?

    I'd like to think Donahue will forever be enshrined as the worst GM in franchise history, but I think special consideration should be given to Baalke, b/c he literally trashed the team.

    Sometimes in a few years when a team gets better, we can look back at some of the picks Baalke made now and reflect on whether it wasn't as bad as we once thought. Especially if Armstead & Buckner are 10 year stallworths like Stubby and BY were.

    Or if a single player in the last 3-4 drafts becomes a name recognizable to those outside the organization.
    This still isn't "evidence". Guy did a bad job, nothing about it screams intentional. At worst it simply screams inadequacy or incompetence. There's talk of him going to Denver in some capacity, pretty sure if Elway thought he was some Parcells plant meant to ruin all teams, that wouldn't even be a potential spot.

    On a finer point, Chip went looking at Rogers in Philly eariler and was the one who called Rogers and told him they wanted him in SF later.

    And really, we're going to split a 12 yard hair on Hyde not being a 1000 yard rusher? Especially in an offense where teams KNOW you are going to run out of a predictable formation most of the time. Come on. Prone to small injuries, yes, but let's be honest, you know he is a 1000 yard RB.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 01-09-2017 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,833
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    This still isn't "evidence". Guy did a bad job, nothing about it screams intentional. At worst it simply screams inadequacy or incompetence. There's talk of him going to Denver in some capacity, pretty sure if Elway thought he was some Parcells plant meant to ruin all teams, that wouldn't even be a potential spot.

    On a finer point, Chip went looking at Rogers in Philly eariler and was the one who called Rogers and told him they wanted him in SF later.

    And really, we're going to split a 12 yard hair on Hyde not being a 1000 yard rusher? Especially in an offense where teams KNOW you are going to run out of a predictable formation most of the time. Come on. Prone to small injuries, yes, but let's be honest, you know he is a 1000 yard RB.
    Please give me one reason why Bill Parcells the former head coach of the NY Giants who ended Joe Montana's season on two separate occasions, and then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys would WANT to help the 49ers? Baalke's idea of building a football team was quite evident. He wanted to build the 1990 NY giants. Tough smash mouth defensive football team.

    But this is the 49ers, not the NY Giants or Chicago Bears or Baltimore Ravens. The 49ers identity has and will always be offense. Steve Young has made that quite clear in his weekly shows, and their history is reflective of that.

    Hyde still has not rushed for a 1000 yards, and he's not very durable. Considering that all it takes is 60 yards/game to reach that stat, the fact that he hasn't, is probably more alarming than you give it credit for.

    As for Chip. Baalke did absolutely nothing to help his offensive minded coach. He intentionally drafted ACL guys after ACL guys at high rounds that amounted to nothing. Even an incompetent GM or inadequate GM would draft healthy players that didn't pan out.

    If Baalke's picks were all AJ Jenkins, then sure, I'd agree he was just incompetent or inadequate. But he loaded up on picks more than the roster can hold, only to draft guys that went to other teams, he remained well below the cap for no reason whatsoever. That is more evidence. I mean if you are building your team, even if you are incompetent, in what capacity do you say, nah, I'm not going to build my team. I'm not going to sign anyone. I'll just stay here at 50 million under the cap...

    If he were incompetent or inadequate, he would've signed a free agent not worth it, for more than he should of. Instead he did nothing.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,434
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Please give me one reason why Bill Parcells the former head coach of the NY Giants who ended Joe Montana's season on two separate occasions, and then head coach of the Dallas Cowboys would WANT to help the 49ers? Baalke's idea of building a football team was quite evident. He wanted to build the 1990 NY giants. Tough smash mouth defensive football team.

    But this is the 49ers, not the NY Giants or Chicago Bears or Baltimore Ravens. The 49ers identity has and will always be offense. Steve Young has made that quite clear in his weekly shows, and their history is reflective of that.

    Hyde still has not rushed for a 1000 yards, and he's not very durable. Considering that all it takes is 60 yards/game to reach that stat, the fact that he hasn't, is probably more alarming than you give it credit for.

    As for Chip. Baalke did absolutely nothing to help his offensive minded coach. He intentionally drafted ACL guys after ACL guys at high rounds that amounted to nothing. Even an incompetent GM or inadequate GM would draft healthy players that didn't pan out.

    If Baalke's picks were all AJ Jenkins, then sure, I'd agree he was just incompetent or inadequate. But he loaded up on picks more than the roster can hold, only to draft guys that went to other teams, he remained well below the cap for no reason whatsoever. That is more evidence. I mean if you are building your team, even if you are incompetent, in what capacity do you say, nah, I'm not going to build my team. I'm not going to sign anyone. I'll just stay here at 50 million under the cap...

    If he were incompetent or inadequate, he would've signed a free agent not worth it, for more than he should of. Instead he did nothing.
    Again, trying to replicate a team isn't "sabotage". Plus, Parcells was never HC of Dallas when Baalke was GM. The only time he had ANY job when Baalke ran this team was an advisor role to the Browns in 2014-present. There only connection is two years in NY with the Jets almost 20 years ago. Baalke a scout, little else. Parcells is someone he goes to for advice, not his diety.

    And again, 12 yards away while missing time and in a predictable offebse. He's a 1000 yard back.

    Chip had one season here, you can't pin ACL pick after ACL pick on one coach. That was a draft trend his entire tenure. Rogers (a guy Chip wanted) got hurt. Ellington (a Chip Kelly type) got hurt. So no, the did nothing argument holds little water.

    Your pretense that not spending in FA is sabotage is also false, otherwise Ted Thompson, a notorious anti-FA guy is the worst saboteur in the world in Green Bay. It's a philosophy not unique to Baalke.

    You are trying to connect dots to fit a tin foil hat theory. There is ZERO reason for Baalke to bomb a team, unless you also think that Parcells can afford to pay his bills when he gets no work moving forward after such an awful end here.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 01-11-2017 at 06:36 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,833
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Again, trying to replicate a team isn't "sabotage". Plus, Parcells was never HC of Dallas when Baalke was GM. The only time he had ANY job when Baalke ran this team was an advisor role to the Browns in 2014-present. There only connection is two years in NY with the Jets almost 20 years ago. Baalke a scout, little else. Parcells is someone he goes to for advice, not his diety.

    And again, 12 yards away while missing time and in a predictable offebse. He's a 1000 yard back.

    Chip had one season here, you can't pin ACL pick after ACL pick on one coach. That was a draft trend his entire tenure. Rogers (a guy Chip wanted) got hurt. Ellington (a Chip Kelly type) got hurt. So no, the did nothing argument holds little water.

    Your pretense that not spending in FA is sabotage is also false, otherwise Ted Thompson, a notorious anti-FA guy is the worst saboteur in the world in Green Bay. It's a philosophy not unique to Baalke.

    You are trying to connect dots to fit a tin foil hat theory. There is ZERO reason for Baalke to bomb a team, unless you also think that Parcells can afford to pay his bills when he gets no work moving forward after such an awful end here.
    None of what you remotely argued holds any water that he was trying to build a winner. The facts remain, the team got successively worse year after year.

    The facts hold that he had more draft picks than any other team in football. Let's ignore the spending cap or the fact that he built this team with NOTHING to help Chip Kelly.

    Let's ignore that most of the NFL regards the 49ers as the least talented team in football. He left us with the #2 overall pick in the draft.

    He also went after rugby and discus players... CFL players... how did all of that turn out? How has that ever turned out?

    I am not sure why you would defend a person that literally trashed the team you moderate for. Maybe he gave you a gift, maybe he's your father. Maybe you are a seahawk fan. I don't give a sh...

    If I were to intentionally torpedo the team, I would copied what Baalke did. Exactly to the tee. Maybe I would've signed a baseball player or so (Smelter)... oops. He did that as well!
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    6,833
    KNBR stated two weeks ago, the fact that it was Baalke's call to hire a janitor / DL coach Jim Tomsula as HC is more than enough grounds to get him fired...

    How he lasted that was quesitonable ... those were words iterated by KNBR.


    Who the F hires a DL coach as head coach??? Then spoke for him at his introductory conference? Red, do you even follow the Red and Gold???
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

    PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,434
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    KNBR stated two weeks ago, the fact that it was Baalke's call to hire a janitor / DL coach Jim Tomsula as HC is more than enough grounds to get him fired...

    How he lasted that was quesitonable ... those were words iterated by KNBR.


    Who the F hires a DL coach as head coach??? Then spoke for him at his introductory conference? Red, do you even follow the Red and Gold???
    Yeah, I do. Not sure what your point is?

    Anything relevant here to add or are you still just spewing conspiracy theories? Honestly I don't even have the interest to read whatever your latest diatribe is almost two weeks after the fact.

    I can't ignore you as TM, but at this point I'm done interacting with you because I'm tired of you dredging up things way after the fact. It's tired.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,286
    Not to agree with Red and Gold on Baalke, but I think Andy Reid was a Position coach before he went directly to HC. He was also a fat white guy with a mustache, maybe Baalke thought he could replicate Andy Reid with Tomsula.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Emmaus, PA
    Posts
    26,434
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Not to agree with Red and Gold on Baalke, but I think Andy Reid was a Position coach before he went directly to HC. He was also a fat white guy with a mustache, maybe Baalke thought he could replicate Andy Reid with Tomsula.
    So was John Madden.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    26,950
    A bad hire is not evidence of sabotage. It's evidence of doing a bad job.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    #MakeAmericaPeeAgain

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    21,286
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    So was John Madden.
    But no mustache...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •