Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    So after the game today...I'm curious what any of the folks that said Chip Kelly was a good coach have to say.

I was adamant this year that it was a lost season and Kelly was the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    So after the game today...I'm curious what any of the folks that said Chip Kelly was a good coach have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10 wins tho

Jed York is the problem, poop runs downhill.

An owner that keeps a awful GM, over one of the best coaches in football is definitely the problem.

A GM that thinks Blaine Gabbert is a starting calibre QB, is a complete joke.

I dont like Chip but he never had a chance.
    Last edited by miller74; 12-05-2016 at 11:14 AM.

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    Jed York is the problem, poop runs downhill.

An owner that keeps a awful GM, over one of the best coaches in football is definitely the problem.

A GM that thinks Blaine Gabbert is a starting calibre QB, is a complete joke.

I dont like Chip but he never had a chance.
    I don't believe that Blaine has ever been named the starter based on his own merits.

Last year Kap was benched, then had surgery keeping him out of camp leading into this season, and now again was benched.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-05-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Absolutely agree on a complete overhaul and cleaning of house. It's the only way we can land a decent Head Coach.

I agree. They are going to have to suck it up and pay for hiring and firing coaches that are useless. We need to gut the FO, coaching staff and start over. If they want to win then they are going to need to spend some money. This rebuild can actually be fairly quick with the amount of cap space we have, the amount of young players that will be reaching FA and our draft position. A pass rusher and Qb would help this team drastically in the next two years. We have to replace Staley d/t age, he won't be here much longer and we need to replace him now. Our defense is extremely young, so thats very promising. We bring in Myles and pair him with Lynch opposite of him, we have bookend pass rushers who are 22 and 24. We have two mammoths in the middle with Armstead and Buckner who will both be 23 at the start of the season. We have a very young secondary as well. We have a lot of talent on defense, with the potential to get an elite pass rusher. Defensive scheme changed to a 4-3 and we will use everyone properly and put everyone in position to succeed, would turn this into a very scary defense.

Offense needs more time, but again, very young FA's for the offensive side that we can go after. Might have to pay a bit more, but still have them available.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post

Interesting. I was going to come in here and ask any of the folks who thought our talent wasn't a bigger problem than Kelly had to say lol.

I was adamant this year was a lost year for Kelly and our talent was the reason.

I remember pre-season and many in here actually thought we'd be good. We are devoid of talent (this isn't all Baalke's fault either, he certainly couldn't have expected the mass retirements and Bowman getting hurt).

The person I actually feel sorry for isn't Kelly, it's whoever the next coach is. Because sure as the sun rises tomorrow he'll come into a team with no talent, not win many games year 1 and everyone will be saying he sucks as a Coach and needs to be fired. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Interesting. I was going to come in here and ask any of the folks who thought our talent wasn't a bigger problem than Kelly had to say lol.
    I was adamant this year was a lost year for Kelly and our talent was the reason.

I remember pre-season and many in here actually thought we'd be good. We are devoid of talent (this isn't all Baalke's fault either, he certainly couldn't have expected the mass retirements and Bowman getting hurt).

The person I actually feel sorry for isn't Kelly, it's whoever the next coach is. Because sure as the sun rises tomorrow he'll come into a team with no talent, not win many games year 1 and everyone will be saying he sucks as a Coach and needs to be fired. Book it.
    How can you blame the talent when this is the 8th or 9th game this year where the team was within a single score of the opponent at half and then it suddenly all just collapses. Our playcalling doesn't change at half time, and only goes into "score now" mode when we're down by like 3 scores and it's irrelevant. I'm sorry, but with some of the teams we've been in tight games with going into the half, including several of the best teams in the league, that screams no ability to adjust as a coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

He "could" have talent, but it'll take two great offseasons back to back to get us there. This isn't the Qb to draft a Qb early, so we absolutely can't do that. Myles Garrett is an absolute must. That has to be the guy we go after, with all we have. Next year is the year to draft a Qb early.

Draft Garrett and switch to 4-3, our defense is much improved. We have a lot of raw talent, they just are in a terrible scheme. Armstead and Buckner are DT's. They are not very good in the 3-4. Lynch is ok as an OLB, would be very good as a 4-3 DE. Ward needs to be dropped back to FS, Reid needs to play up in the box a bit more as a SS, Tartt is build for a perfect SLB with his ability to blitz and hit. Him in coverage there will be about average for a LB, as a safety its well below average. Robinson has shown a lot of promise at times. We do need to shell out some money for one of the very young good corners out there. AJ Bouye is the guy I think we need to shell out some big money for.

We can get there, we just need to clean house and have a great offseason.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

8 games out of 12 within a score at halftime, 6 of those 8 are teams with .500 record or better, 2 with 10 wins. I'd say we've got players to win at least more than 1-3 games that this seasons heading for. That to me points to coaching. Only scoring 23 points TOTAL in the 3rd quarter screams lack of offensive playcalling adjustments.

This is the problem

Hahahaha Baalke looks like Will Ferrell

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hahahaha Baalke looks like Will Ferrell
    Wow yeah he does haha.

Get Will Ferrell for Baalke, tell Chris Pratt to put weight back on to play Chip and Steve Buschemi for Jed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    8 games out of 12 within a score at halftime, 6 of those 8 are teams with .500 record or better, 2 with 10 wins. I'd say we've got players to win at least more than 1-3 games that this seasons heading for. That to me points to coaching. Only scoring 23 points TOTAL in the 3rd quarter screams lack of offensive playcalling adjustments.
    Honestly...I think it points to Kelly having a decent game plan for the first half and a ****ing miserable one for the 2nd half. We have some talent, but we are far from good. We have no playmakers on offense outside of Hyde.

Ownership
    GM
    Player Talent
    Coaching

I Baalke as we all know needs to be gone. I think Chip might get another year or 2 even with a new GM. But we must upgrade the talent. There is some youthful talent here so lets keep getting vetter, not with veterams but young talented players. It starts by getting a new GM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast