Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    There's that false equivalency again

Bad owners consistently make poor decisions. The owners haven't changed, so the equivalency is comparable. They've given these guys 6 year contracts, but nothing is set in stone that they last 6 years.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    We are far from the Browns at this stage though.
    Statement without evidence. The evidence points to the contrary. The Browns and 49ers rank 1&2 in SEVERAL categories of futility. Most Cap Space, worse teams in football, worst teams in football last year, point differential is about even (i think 3 points separate them). Your turn to prove to me, that our owners who reside in Ohio are NOT running the team like another team in OH. Cleveland took Tennessee to OT and lost by 3 points, gee, I recall several 49er games like that this year...

You keep referencing the Browns as an example of teams that can’t seem to get it right, but the Browns are the most dysfunctional team in football.
    -- The 49ers have had 4 coaches in 4 years.

Can you provide an example of a perennial middling team that has had “sustained success”? No? That’s because, if they had sustained success, they wouldn’t be perennially middling.
    That's your point, you provide the example.

It’s not how frequently you pick at the top of the draft, it’s how good you are at taking that and turning it in to something. We are less than a year into the new regime. Give it some friggin time, man.
    This is the most pussiest excuse I've ever heard. You think Rams fans are saying the same? Jacksonville has a first year HC. Jets were projected to be the worst team in football. Most predicted 6 wins for this team. That's reasonable. How much time you want to give them? 4 years? 8? 100? Teams have and will turn things around quickly. Kyle & John intentionally didn't improve this team. Why? I have no freakin clue. 2018 is shaping up to have more needs than this past off-season as they dump the remaining starters that have NFL experience. Keep in mind, free agents aren't going to want to come to an 0-16 team, a concept most on this board have largely ignored, coupled with the fact, that this team hasn't shown a propensity to spend any real money either.
    2009-2014. 3 World Series Championships, 2 Stanley Cup Championships, 2 NBA Championships, and a Super Bowl Appearance. 3 No-Hitters, 1 Perfect Game, 3 NFC Title Games, Jim Harbaugh, Bruce Bochy, Phil Jackson, Daryl Sutter.

PRESENT: Lakers #2 draft pick (New GM, New President), Giants #2 draft pick (somebody better get fired), 49ers #2 draft pick (New Coach, New GM), LA Kings #11 draft pick (New Coach, New GM)

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Half of those guys were drafted this season and/or last season.

Take a look at the Jaguars 2016 draft. Their top 3 picks (1st, 2nd, and 3rd round) then take a look at those players statistics this year. Then look at where the Jaguars currently rank in defense. One draft, 3 major contributors. They've been drafting defense for a few years now, with the exception of Fournette this year.

I'm not sure where I read this, but this staff/regime chose Beatherd, Taylor and Kittle as their "talent guys" on offense. Not exactly "going for it" with those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just an FYI ... we don't have to respond to every post here
    touche.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Bad owners consistently make poor decisions. The owners haven't changed, so the equivalency is comparable. They've given these guys 6 year contracts, but nothing is set in stone that they last 6 years.
    At what point did they openly state they expected it to take awhile for results under Chip or Tomsula? Its different this time, you know it, I know it, so yes, it's false equivalency.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415