Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Rank the structural problem areas of the 49ers

So in posting on another thread it got me wondering what everyone thinks. Obviously the 49ers aren't where anybody wants them to be, but my question is, which of the below 4 areas of the organization is the biggest problems we face? Ranks them in order of biggest to least biggest problem:

Ownership
    GM
    Coaching
    Player Talent

That's the order. Ownership/GM/Coaching. In that order. They are all terrible, can't win at all with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Ownership
    Coaching
    GM
    Player talent

Chip Kelly is a terrible coach and do not want him back next year with Gamble as GM. I've said it for awhile now I have no problem firing Baalke, but only if they get rid of Kelly as well. Start all over and let a new GM bring in his guy and build the roster as he sees it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Ownership: culpable for GM and coaching moves at this point
    Coaching: This year and last have been absolutely abysmal
    GM: Leash is tightening quickly
    Talent: No idea what we have at this point, very little veteran leadership and lack of coaching makes it too hard to evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Ownership
    Coaching
    GM
    Player talent

Chip Kelly is a terrible coach and do not want him back next year with Gamble as GM. I've said it for awhile now I have no problem firing Baalke, but only if they get rid of Kelly as well. Start all over and let a new GM bring in his guy and build the roster as he sees it.

If we fire Baalke, Kelly is a must to leave as well. We have to bring in a brand new guy, outside the organization to bring in his own everything.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Ownership: culpable for GM and coaching moves at this point
    Coaching: This year and last have been absolutely abysmal
    GM: Leash is tightening quickly
    Talent: No idea what we have at this point, very little veteran leadership and lack of coaching makes it too hard to evaluate.
    That's absolutely laughable saying that his leash is tightening quickly. He took over one of the most talented teams in the NFL and had the luxury to draft depth and he found some gems. When he had to draft guys to come in and play right away, he choked. And when we wouldn't resign our own guys, or guys retired, we had no one to fill in for them, and still lacked talent elsewhere. His *** is grass, that leash should be a noose.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That's absolutely laughable saying that his leash is tightening quickly. He took over one of the most talented teams in the NFL and had the luxury to draft depth and he found some gems. When he had to draft guys to come in and play right away, he choked. And when we wouldn't resign our own guys, or guys retired, we had no one to fill in for them, and still lacked talent elsewhere. His *** is grass, that leash should be a noose.
    You do realize that everything you just said is why a leash would be tightening on a GM right? His first two drafts were a major part of the SB run and deep playoff runs this team made, calling them depth picks is ridiculous Davis/Iupati/Kap/Smith/Bowman yeah, real depth picks. Keep pretending those were McCloughan's drafts if you want, he still get's credit for them. Two bad seasons record wise, yes in part because of some of his decisions, that's why its tightening, but two years don't negate 3 deep playoff runs and an 8-8 season that was mostly due to 16 players on IR.

I'm not getting into this argument again where he should have been able to see the future, blown money on questionable FAs or on our own guys who weren't worth the money just to satisfy fans and draft positions over and over again and have it be ok in some instances and not ok in others.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-02-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    You do realize that everything you just said is why a leash would be tightening on a GM right? His first two drafts were a major part of the SB run and deep playoff runs this team made, calling them depth picks is ridiculous Davis/Iupati/Kap/Smith/Bowman yeah, real depth picks. Keep pretending those were McCloughan's drafts if you want, he still get's credit for them. Two bad seasons record wise, yes in part because of some of his decisions, that's why its tightening, but two years don't negate 3 deep playoff runs and an 8-8 season that was mostly due to 16 players on IR.

I'm not getting into this argument again where he should have been able to see the future, blown money on questionable FAs or on our own guys who weren't worth the money just to satisfy fans and draft positions over and over again and have it be ok in some instances and not ok in others.
    But it shouldn't just now be tightening. It should be "dead" from it. As in fired.

I'm going to go ahead and say that the team McCloughan put together, the BASE OF THE TEAM, was from him. Justin Smith, Willis, Gore, Davis, Staley, Crabtree, Brown, Boone, Williams, McDonald, Brooks...That's a foundation that was inherited by Baalke. All Pro RB, DE, ILB, LT. Then extremely serviceable borderline underrated, LOLB and LE.

Sorry...Any GM that takes over a team like that, who's coaches just **** the bed and allowed great opportunities with draft picks, oh and it was the previous GM that set Baalke up for the 2 first round draft picks for Iupati and Davis FYI.

Baalke had a good draft that year. After that, he was very bad. He inherited a very, VERY talented roster.

But it shouldn't just now be tightening. It should be "dead" from it. As in fired.

I'm going to go ahead and say that the team McCloughan put together, the BASE OF THE TEAM, was from him. Justin Smith, Willis, Gore, Davis, Staley, Crabtree, Brown, Boone, Williams, McDonald, Brooks...That's a foundation that was inherited by Baalke. All Pro RB, DE, ILB, LT. Then extremely serviceable borderline underrated, LOLB and LE.

Sorry...Any GM that takes over a team like that, who's coaches just **** the bed and allowed great opportunities with draft picks, oh and it was the previous GM that set Baalke up for the 2 first round draft picks for Iupati and Davis FYI.

Baalke had a good draft that year. After that, he was very bad. He inherited a very, VERY talented roster.
    As I said, he had 3 very good years as GM coming in, nobody plays the "set up by the last guy" argument when evaluating, because you can be set up and still fail. He didn't fail, he took it and elevated it beyond what it was for some time. McCloughan didn't set Baalke up for any picks, unless you want to say his hiring and firing of coaches did which is flimsy arguing at best.

Running the ball, getting after the QB, strong defense those were the bread and butter of those deep playoff run teams, and despite his cliff dive afterward, so was Kap as the QB. Aldon, Davis, Iupati, Kap, Bowman, all key elements of those things along with everyone else added before them by McCloughan. The argument could be made that if not for McCloughan's awful drafts in 2008 and 2009 (in which he only managed to get Crabtree because of Al Davis' idiocy), the team may have already been a SB level team, not to mention being the one to take Smith over Rodgers. Every GM has flaws, every GM has hot and cold periods. Even someone with such a great previous record can have some awful years.

BTW, what Williams are you referencing? Ian Williams was 2011 and prior to that I'm not remembering any other key ones. You mean Walker?
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-02-2016 at 04:55 PM.

If we fire Baalke, Kelly is a must to leave as well. We have to bring in a brand new guy, outside the organization to bring in his own everything.
    I can easily see Gamble being promoted and Kelly being given another year or two.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Rank the structural problem areas of the 49ers

If Harbaugh, Tomsula and Kelly all deserve to be fired for one year of failure (as either happened or people want to happen), how come that same standard doesn't apply to Baalke?

Whose arguing to keep Baalke? I don't want Kelly and Gamble running this team. I'd rather have Baalke for another year and then fire them all to keep that from happening. I don't see this organization paying 3 coaches. I don't see the point in firing a GM and bringing in a guy that will have no say in the coach. To me the most likely scenario is Baalke gets fired and Gamble gets promoted and he and Chip stick around for 2 years minimum to implement Chips system that will not work and sink this team further into oblivion. To me this is also the worst case scenario. I can live with Baalke for another year to keep that from happening. Would most prefer a complete overhaul.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If Harbaugh, Tomsula and Kelly all deserve to be fired for one year of failure (as either happened or people want to happen), how come that same standard doesn't apply to Baalke?
    Harbaugh wasn't fired because of one year of failure.

Tomsula turned out to be a place holder coach.

Chip isn't an NFL coach.

Baalke has had success with this team. Overall his record has slid, but then again, it's hard to evaluate when last two HC and staffs were awful and we can point at ownership for the hires since they low balled most of the better choices the last two years.

As downsos wrote above, most of us would prefer a whole house cleaning or non at all at this point.
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-04-2016 at 01:08 PM.

This narrative that Chip isn't an NFL Head Coach seems puzzling. He had consecutive 10 win seasons. We know factually he has had success in the league. You can't point to a guy who has gotten double digit wins literally 50% of the time he's been a coach and say he isn't an NFL coach. He's already proved he can win at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This narrative that Chip isn't an NFL Head Coach seems puzzling. He had consecutive 10 win seasons. We know factually he has had success in the league. You can't point to a guy who has gotten double digit wins literally 50% of the time he's been a coach and say he isn't an NFL coach. He's already proved he can win at this level.
    When said coach willfully creates the problems that loses his team games, refuses to acknowledge said problems, and systematically releases and can't find talent to continue winning, that makes him not an NFL coach.

You do realize that he cut all the players who were integral to those 10 win seasons and literally changed nothing right? Expected to do the same thing with less and have it work. How is that an NFL coach? Players have called his system one of the easiest to scout and prep for. Former players have panned it. But I guess 10 wins is all it takes.

Let's split hairs then, he's a medicore to bad NFL coach, that work?
    Last edited by RedandGold_35; 12-04-2016 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast