Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Uh oh
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 35m35 minutes ago
    Hear that age limits on international players covered by caps in the new CBA is rising from 23 to 25. So, for example (cont)

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 33m33 minutes ago
    Lourdes Gourriel waited until his 23d b'day in Sept to sign so there were no $ restrictions, now he would have to wait to turn 25
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 29m29 minutes ago
    I have not gotten firm explanation on Otani who turns 23 in July. Not sure if a new deal with NPB would override the CBA

Most assume this won't affect Otani

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Most assume this won't affect Otani
    JJ Cooper is saying that Otani will apply to the new rules of 6m max until he turns 25.

JJ Cooper ‏@jjcoop36 45m45 minutes ago
    Talk about artificially restraining salaries. Red Sox paid Moncada $63 m, limited to $5+ under new system. Otani $150-$200m to $5+
    Small market teams are the ones able to offer him the most money, funnily enough.
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2h2 hours ago
    International caps (or pools) for teams per year actually range from 4.75M (big clubs) to 5.25M (medium) to 5.75M (small)

Damn, they stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    JJ Cooper is saying that Otani will apply to the new rules of 6m max until he turns 25.

Small market teams are the ones able to offer him the most money, funnily enough.
    I just read:

TODAY: Notably, teams can trade all of the new international bonus allotments, per Passan (Twitter links). Alternatively, they may boost their spending by adding up to 75% of their initial spending capacity.

Also, the top slot of the 2017 draft will fall to $7.4MM, though the overall spending availability in the domestic arena won’t change, Passan further tweets.

So teams can now trade all of there int bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    I just read:

So teams can now trade all of there int bonus?
    That makes things more interesting, but even then the max signing bonus would be $10.0625M for small market teams, $9.1875M for mid market, and $8.3125M for big market teams assuming the 75% rule is correct.

A guy like Otani would still be massively underpaid, but if that's better money then he would make overseas then maybe he ends up coming over. Don't know what he would/currently gets paid.

Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    That makes things more interesting, but even then the max signing bonus would be $10.0625M for small market teams, $9.1875M for mid market, and $8.3125M for big market teams assuming the 75% rule is correct.

A guy like Otani would still be massively underpaid, but if that's better money then he would make overseas then maybe he ends up coming over. Don't know what he would/currently gets paid.
    Couldn't he do a contract with an early opt-out? Or a team could offer something like 20 years at 5.75 a year or whatever

What a crook deal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/shohei-otan...063136007.html

Looks like he is coming to MLB in 2018.

Cubs and Yanks will have to decide over Otani or Harper or Stanton.
    Fan of Redsox , Chi town bears , Boston Celtics , Dale Jr. , Uva

I mean if you look at the big market teams' international allocations, you can pretty much book him being a Yankee. Theyre the only team with money left.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    I mean if you look at the big market teams' international allocations, you can pretty much book him being a Yankee. Theyre the only team with money left.
    I'm pretty sure the Phillies are right up there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Phillies are right up there too.
    Ya lets see otani come over for pennies on the dollar and sign with the Phillies though....

Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Ya lets see otani come over for pennies on the dollar and sign with the Phillies though....
    I'm just saying they are up there with the Yankees with money left as a big market. They also aren't as far away as people would think. Obviously not as close as the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast