Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I like Mahomes and at 13? He could be worth the risk if you had a ton of other picks to sure up other areas.

Kid is a freak athlete with and absolutely insane arm.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

S jamal adams lsu
    s jabrill peppers michigan
    cb ahkello witherspoon colorado
    c pat elflein ohio state
    edge ejuan price pittsburgh
    rb donnel pumphrey san diego state
    ot avery gennesy texas a&m

If Jets can pry the 12, 33rd and 108th pick from cleveland for the 6th, do it.

Browns, Jets Talking NFL Draft Trade
    Updated April 19, 2017
    By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

There have been plenty of rumors about the Browns are targeting a quarterback with one of their early selections in the 2017 NFL Draft. There also has been a lot of talk that the New York Jets would like to trade down from the sixth-overall pick in the draft. WalterFootball.com has learned from sources that the Browns and Jets are talking about a trade that would have the Browns moving up from the 12th pick to the Jets' selection at No. 6 in order to take a quarterback. Cleveland is said to want North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

In order to move down, the Jets want the 33rd-overall pick (second round) and the selection at No. 108 (fourth round). Those are the first choices on the second and third days of the draft. Leading off those days of the draft, New York would have some highly coveted picks that could allow them to trade down again with a team that is desperate to land a playerthey didn't think would make it to that spot.

Cleveland is trying to trade its second-round pick, No. 52 overall, and the first selection in the fifth round, No. 145. With the sixth pick, the Browns are believed to want Trubisky. Cleveland is concerned that the Jets or the Bills (at pick 10) would take Trubisky before Cleveland is on the clock at 12. Even if Trubisky goes off the board earlier to the 49ers (2) or the Bears (3), the Browns may want to do the trade in order to land Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson before Buffalo is on the clock.

The Browns likely would want to know their targets are available before doing the trade. Thus, this deal probably won't happen until the draft has already started and the Jets are on the clock with the players available. It also could easily fall apart if New York doesn't feel like it is getting good value, or the Browns not being willing to meet the Jets' price. Many trades like this never come to fruition because teams can't agree on the pick package or the desired player isn't available, but these two are in discussions right now about swapping picks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I agree Mr. the Clown.

Getting those picks could be a difference maker.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

one of the sticking points is the 52nd pick or the 33rd pick.

If the Jets do plan to trade back out of the top 10, the 33rd needs to be included.

^^^ agreed its a must. I actually feel like what is being offered is light TBH. There are so may good non-qb players at 6 (potentially), that it should really be worth our while. I would probably take the rumored package but would hope for a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    one of the sticking points is the 52nd pick or the 33rd pick.

If the Jets do plan to trade back out of the top 10, the 33rd needs to be included.
    I would do 33rd and 145 or consider 52 and 108 and a second rounder next year

Mooaaaar Picks!!!!!

Jetsguy & Mr. theClown,
    I would take the 12th, 33rd and next years 3rd rounder for the 6th overall.

Plus with Foster going to fall into the 2nd, the Jets could get 3 building blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jetsguy & Mr. theClown,
    I would take the 12th, 33rd and next years 3rd rounder for the 6th overall.

Plus with Foster going to fall into the 2nd, the Jets could get 3 building blocks.
    I loved the thought of Foster in the second but even with his current issues, most of the analysts think he will go top 15.
    That being said, Trade back and you could still get him at 12. Then with the 2 second rounders you could take a combo of S or CB or TE (Engrahm could be there) or dare I say, Mixon or if they love him and he's there Mahomes.
    5 picks in the first 108 would be sick

If we make the move we desperately need it to turn into 3 starters with our first 3 picks, we can't miss for this plan to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:31570243
    I like Mahomes and at 13? He could be worth the risk if you had a ton of other picks to sure up other areas.

Kid is a freak athlete with and absolutely insane arm.
    Yet he's still ranked as the #3 QB at best in a weak QB draft.

There's a reason for that. No thanks. We'll have another high pick next year when there's likely to be up to 3 QB's better than all the ones available this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Yet he's still ranked as the #3 QB at best in a weak QB draft.

There's a reason for that. No thanks. We'll have another high pick next year when there's likely to be up to 3 QB's better than all the ones available this year.
    If he was there and you had a bunch, as in 4-6, seconds and thirds and the team loved him? Meh. I wouldn't freak. I would much rather see others but the kid is a freak.

I don't think it happens and if the jets take him, it will be in the second or third.

I like going D. Even at 12, I think foster would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I loved the thought of Foster in the second but even with his current issues, most of the analysts think he will go top 15.
    That being said, Trade back and you could still get him at 12. Then with the 2 second rounders you could take a combo of S or CB or TE (Engrahm could be there) or dare I say, Mixon or if they love him and he's there Mahomes.
    5 picks in the first 108 would be sick
    Yes. Obviously they want to give us less but if they believe in a QB they know that doesn't come cheap.

Even if Foster is gone there are good prospects. He'll even the tight end people keep having us mocked with starts to make sense.

Plus we have to hope the browns keep browning.

My thoughts on the draft by position.
    Offense
    OL- Did a lot of work in FA don't expect much action here.
    RB- Maybe a late rounder to fill 3rd back behind Powell and Forte. Next year for the lead back.
    WR-Not a need position now.
    QB- Please no. All of these are project types and we already two of those. Next year we will know more about Hack and Petty. If they do well then great. If they don't then next years class is much better.
    TE- Must have. Use 1 of top 4 picks.
    Defense
    DL- Nothing to do here. I don't think they will trade Richardson. Not that they won't try, but the market is just not there for him. He has as 8m contract, did not play well, and already has two suspensions.
    LB- Use 1 of first 4 picks.
    Safety -Most needed position IMO. Use 1 of first 2 picks.
    CB- 2nd most needed IMO. Use 1 of first 2 picks.
    BPA will also dictate which order of picks to be used.
    Trading down would be the best thing to do if they can.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast