Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    If they were gonna go safety round 2 Marcus Williams or OBI MELIFONWU should have been the pick. A true ballhawking free safety to pair with Adams and Pryor.
    Obi is a project.

Baker was the pick, but the Jets weren't willing to move up.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe:31597794
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    They took strong safety's with their top 2 picks when they already have Pryor. I get Adams but Maye? Every scouting report I have read states he's best playing in the box.
    You're reading some garbage scouting reports then. I am a UF alum who has watched every single play of Maye's career. He has played centerfield, in the box, and even done some nickel corner coverage. He's a ballhawking safety who can cover space really well and serve as a safety net when a corner gets beat. He is going to be an upgrade over Gilchrist and Pryor, both of whom are mediocre.
    Most scouting reports I've seen also say they are both at their best playing in the box. Doesn't mean they aren't good otherwise, just at their best.... Which seems to be true.

It seems that Butt and/or Hodges could be available when the Jets pick. If both were, who would you rather see the Jets pick? One seems to have more potential upside but the other seems to be safer pick who is more ready.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    It seems that Butt and/or Hodges could be available when the Jets pick. If both were, who would you rather see the Jets pick? One seems to have more potential upside but the other seems to be safer pick who is more ready.
    I like butt...

Adams and Maye are both hybrid type safeties.. Bowles has a plan i think to run a unique style at safety, and since he was a dam good safety himself i trust his judgment.. Hes gonna ask them to be all over the place on the field and confuse teams, and i think they both have the ability to handle it and turn it into our teams strength..

I still am hoping for Peterman, 4th round is great value for him.. Hodges is ok, Butt is exactly that..

Day 1-Adams a great pick to start out the draft.
    Day 2 Although they are both good players and good value for when they were drafted I did not like these picks.
    Safety was IMO the #1 position upgrade needed, but they already did that with Adams. I would have preferred a TE or a CB with this pick. Bowles said that he would like to use more 3 safety looks like he did in Arizona. With that in mind I would give him the benefit of doubt about this pick since he was very successful @ Arizona. It would make no sense to cut Pryor since his cap charge is only 2.7m, and they would not gain cap money if they were to release him.
    Wide receiver is not a need position.
    They did not get good comp for there trades IMO.
    Lets see what they get done with the 6 picks today. Last year they did very well at the end of the draft and
    UDFA'S. They picked up Shell, Marshell, Peake, Anderson, Thomas, and a punter with those picks. Lets hope they can get some quality today.

What's the point of continuing to trade down for 6th round picks to draft a less talented player? How many 6th rounders per year end up being good players vs 4 round players?

Got a 5th rounder next year. I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Got a 5th rounder next year. I'm ok with that.
    That was the best trade they made. They should have gotten more for the others.

Our biggest needs:
    QB
    Edge
    OL
    CB
    TE

We drafted:
    2 Safeties
    2 Wide Receivers
    Line Backer
    RB
    Tight End
    2 CB

And though I agree with waiting on the QB, we only filled 2 needs out of 5 and did them at the end of the draft with more mediocre players instead of better players that we could have gotten in Rounds 2, 3 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Our biggest needs:
    QB
    Edge
    OL
    CB
    TE

We drafted:
    2 Safeties
    2 Wide Receivers
    Line Backer
    RB
    Tight End
    2 CB

And though I agree with waiting on the QB, we only filled 2 needs out of 5 and did them at the end of the draft with more mediocre players instead of better players that we could have gotten in Rounds 2, 3 and 4.
    Correction -- every position was a "biggest need" for the Jets.

Safety was our biggest need and the Jets made that position their strongest one.

The Jets are going to lose quite a few low scoring games this year.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    My thoughts on the draft by position.
    Offense
    OL- Did a lot of work in FA don't expect much action here.
    RB- Maybe a late rounder to fill 3rd back behind Powell and Forte. Next year for the lead back.
    WR-Not a need position now.
    QB- Please no. All of these are project types and we already two of those. Next year we will know more about Hack and Petty. If they do well then great. If they don't then next years class is much better.
    TE- Must have. Use 1 of top 4 picks.
    Defense
    DL- Nothing to do here. I don't think they will trade Richardson. Not that they won't try, but the market is just not there for him. He has as 8m contract, did not play well, and already has two suspensions.
    LB- Use 1 of first 4 picks.
    Safety -Most needed position IMO. Use 1 of first 2 picks.
    CB- 2nd most needed IMO. Use 1 of first 2 picks.
    BPA will also dictate which order of picks to be used.
    Trading down would be the best thing to do if they can.
    I think the Jets did a lot of what I wanted them to do.
    RB- McGuire @ 188
    TE- Leggett @ 150
    Safety-Adams @ 6 and Maye @ 39
    CB- Clark @ 197 Jones @204
    LB- Donahue @ 181
    I said WR was not a position of need, but I didn't know Smith would be out for the year with a torn ACL. They drafted 2 WRS so that was good.
    I would have preferred instead of Maye @ 39 they would have gone CB their , and a safety instead of Jones or Clark but that is not a big deal.
    Not sure of Donahue since he played at division 2, but we will see.
    Overall not too bad.

The Jets took the best player available most times. They had (maybe still do) the worst current + future team in the NFL. The QB class next year is amazing in terms of top talent. We are positioned to get one. Go from there.
    Buckeye Nation

There are no men like me, only me.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617