Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Official 2017 Draft Thread

Looks like we'll have a top 5 pick

I'd like to trade back and collect a few picks. I want 5 offensive lineman in the first three rounds for the 2017 and 2018 drafts

The Jets need O-Line, Corner Back, pretty much everything.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    At the beginning of this year, I thought we were a few pieces away from being legit.
    With the secondary playing the way it has, the list has grown.

CBs and a pass defending Safety to put next to Pryor. When he plays in position, he is great. He gets beat by big TEs and small quick slot WRS. Those are not good matchups for him, so he needs help. I think that FS is on the team in Revis. Burress has shown some promise but we do need at least one good CB.
    I hope they draft 2 OL in the first 4 rounds and then pick up another couple guys in FA.

RB- We are good but we could use some youth, so maybe we grab a guy in the first 3 rounds
    WR-Good
    QB--- Million dollar question. It is my last priority in this draft because. I don't see a homerun pick in the first.

I think we go with guys like Adams, Hooker, Peppers, Humphrey or Tabor and then move to OL

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

In the draft target Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line and Offensive Line.

I'm serious. Just build a damn wall.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    In the draft target Offensive Line Offensive Line Offensive Line and Offensive Line.

I'm serious. Just build a damn wall.
    Agreed! Look at what Dallas is able to do with their O-line. It just makes things soooo much easier for everyone when you can open up proper holes in the running game and give the QB time. For the love of God we'd better not draft another d lineman in the first round! We need to start spending some top picks on the offensive side of the ball. I say that but our defense is terrible. We have a LOT of holes to fill. It's going to be a long process to build the team right, hopefully they choose to do that and stop trying the quick fix which has been par for the course for our FO.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Agreed! Look at what Dallas is able to do with their O-line. It just makes things soooo much easier for everyone when you can open up proper holes in the running game and give the QB time. For the love of God we'd better not draft another d lineman in the first round! We need to start spending some top picks on the offensive side of the ball. I say that but our defense is terrible. We have a LOT of holes to fill. It's going to be a long process to build the team right, hopefully they choose to do that and stop trying the quick fix which has been par for the course for our FO.
    OLine is huge for sure, Our line is busted right now but there are a few guys who are good. There are some very good Tackles available tis offseason,if we can pick up a couple good FAs and draft a couple kids, we could go from bad to solid in a year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us take a DB of sorts early. It's weird but a few good draft picks and a few good FA pick ups and this is a different team. I think we have solid players but some are rotation players. Skrine is a great nickel but He's not a starter unless he has someone dominant at the 1 CB.

I think CB/S/Hybrid LB in the first round. O line second round and then a mix of O line and skill positions. I could see use taking 4 O lineman in the draft if we don't score on the FA market.

I don't think the OL is as bad as other fans. They did a pretty good job against the Rams in the run game and not too bad in the passing game. The Ram might not be a very good team, but they have one of the best if not the best DL in the NFL.
    Carpenter and Winters are very good guards. They must resign Winters who will be a FA. Johnson filled in very well for Mangold and I believe that they will do well as a tandem next year. Mangolds contract will have to redone however, because 9m is too much for him. That leaves the tackles and that is where something needs to be done. Clady(10m) and Giacomini(4.5m) will be gone.. Shell needs some playing time during the next 6 games to see if he can fill the RT position next year. That leaves a lot of money to claim a LT in FA and must also draft one in either the first or 2nd round. CB is a prime need and probably should be first round pick. Like to see how Burris, Phillips. and Williams perform during rest of the season. I like Skrine as a slot corner. Revis to FS would be something I would like to try during these next 6 games. If he can't do it he should be cut at the end of the season.
    Would like to see a lot of Petty and even some Hackenberg during the last 6 games.
    We should try to win as many of the remaining games as possible, but not at the expense of evaluating players for next year. I never believe in tanking for a better draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    It's why I wanted them to trade up for Tunsil.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

We should have taken Eugene Monroe and jabhari evans in the free agency last year like I said. We need so many position filled that I think best player available still applies however I would be listening to offers to slide back a little bit in the draft if we can get a few more picks out of the deal.

This year the CB from usc ador'ee Jackson seems like the real deal he is being hyped up as one of the best cover conors in the game. teez tabor from florida and marlon Humphrey from Alabama are also nice. I feel ador'ee Jackson will be something special in the nfl for years to come.

Safety - jabrell peppers or jamal adams or eddie Jackson

Rb- lenoard fournette, Dalvin cook or Royce freeman from Oregon (hes a huge back 230lbs) but he is shifty and can punish tacklers

OL- Mike Mcglinchey notre dame, cam robinson Alabama

Clady and Giacomini are absolutely in line to be cut! That money can help us elsewhere.

FLFan you have the real idea.
    I'm glad we all see the problem.

It's good to be in agreement for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldog14 View Post
    We should have taken Eugene Monroe and jabhari evans in the free agency last year like I said. We need so many position filled that I think best player available still applies however I would be listening to offers to slide back a little bit in the draft if we can get a few more picks out of the deal.

This year the CB from usc ador'ee Jackson seems like the real deal he is being hyped up as one of the best cover conors in the game. teez tabor from florida and marlon Humphrey from Alabama are also nice. I feel ador'ee Jackson will be something special in the nfl for years to come.

Safety - jabrell peppers or jamal adams or eddie Jackson

Rb- lenoard fournette, Dalvin cook or Royce freeman from Oregon (hes a huge back 230lbs) but he is shifty and can punish tacklers

OL- Mike Mcglinchey notre dame, cam robinson Alabama
    I don't know names but there are a few Ohio State boys that are mean, beasts. Colorado and Wisconsin have a couple guys that look good.

I really hope that Mac opens the checkbook and drops 15 or so on the o-line int FA. ( 2 high tier guys at 7 or so a year and another one at a lesser price.) Then go into the draft and pick the spots. I am praying that they either lock up sheldon quickly or trade him. If they can get another first rounder for him, it would make the turn around quicker.
    We don't need D line help and that is the strong suit for this draft so far, so trading back a few spots and grabbing another 3rd would put us in a position to draft a DB (I love Peppers) and then still have a first round pick to spend on Oline or RB (most likely Cook at that point) or DB. Then in the second you can continue to address both Oline and DBs or RB and then with 3-7 go Oline and DB crazy.

FA is going to be huge in rebuilding this line. I hope we draft 3-4 OL but if we can grab a couple high quality FAs, we can draft 3 OL and still be in a really, really good spot.

I guess I wouldn't mind bringing Peppers back to northern NJ...I want o lineman, but Peppers does seem special

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I guess I wouldn't mind bringing Peppers back to northern NJ...I want o lineman, but Peppers does seem special
    The last legit Defensive threat to win the Heisman was Woodson and he was the only one to win it. Peppers is sick. He is like a super fast Polamalu. I think he would feast with our D- line in front of him. If we added another legit CB, our D is dramatically different next year. Even if you restructured Revis's deal, Mac could snag a young CB in FA or The draft. and our D goes from old and slow, to super quick and young.

I really hope they pick a side to address in FA and one to address through the draft. Either go our and spend on a couple-few O lineman, then use 4-5 picks on D or go out and get a couple CBs and another LB and then go O line for the draft.

Leonard Fornette. We haven't drafted offense in the 1st round in ages. He's worth it and can be a game changer.

After that draft OL and defense the next 3 rounds at least.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Leonard Fornette. We haven't drafted offense in the 1st round in ages. He's worth it and can be a game changer.

After that draft OL and defense the next 3 rounds at least.
    Cook is also very good and might make it to the second. The CB Adoree Jackson from USC and Peppers are both fantastic defensive players that are also fantastic return men. I like D in the first. I think there are more impact players. I would think about Fornette if the team really addresses the Line in FA.
    I am really hoping we can find a second first rounder if we have to trade Sheldon. Then we could get both Fornette and a guy like Peppers or Jackson and then still be able to address the line with round 2-7

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast