Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think Edwin sets the tone this year. It's no secret he wants to stay in Toronto and his asking price has been set. I fully believe he'll give the Jays a home town discount if it's reasonable but regardless of where he goes I think he'll have a deal signed this time next week.
    If he remains in Toronto.

My take is that if he doesn't get his asking price from Toronto, then he'll be open for business to all teams and it may be awhile. And I think Toronto is a little more motivated to keep him considering they will be losing Bautista and him if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    A lot of talk that the White Sox could do a huge sell off. That makes Chris Sale, Jose Quintana, Jose Abreu, Todd Frazier, Melky Cabrera, David Robertson, Nate Jones, Brett Lawrie and maybe Adam Eaton available.
    Call Moz please

2016-2017 MLB Offseason Thread

They're definitely one of the teams along with the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, Dodgers, Cubs and Rangers that I think the White Sox will be in frequent touch with if they do indeed sell.

If Cespedes goes to the Phillies I would throw up
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I've seen some rumors about the Mets inquiring about Bautista. If they can't sign Cespedes, I think Bautista is a very realistic fall back plan for them. He gives them a right handed corner outfield power bat that they want and need. I know some will say he needs to go to the AL where he can DH, but Alderson and the Mets have shown in the past that age and defense is not their first concern. Alderson loves power and Bautista might be had for a more reasonable contract (with a possible opt out).
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I just have this feeling about Encarnacion going to Boston. I can just see it happening. Bautista is another option for them. I think they will go big in their Ortiz replacement.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I just have this feeling about Encarnacion going to Boston. I can just see it happening. Bautista is another option for them. I think they will go big in their Ortiz replacement.
    I think they'll use it as the 'day off the field' designation to give guys breathers. They have a lot of bats to develop and could probably get very good production from internal options.

So Tigers fans,

What kind of package does it sound like would land Verlander?

A real big one.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    A real big one.
    I thought it was average

I wonder what sort of contract Otani is going to get next off-season and if someone will try to use him as a hitter and pitcher or one or the other (probably a better pitcher than hitter), though he hit 22 HR in 382 PA this year and OPS'd 1.004.

He'll be 23 entering the 2018 season and looks a lot like Tanaka as a pitcher. But I don't see the bat translating as well.

I would love for an NL team to sign him and have him be in the rotation and be a pinch hitter who plays left field on his off days.

Cardinals may actually be a great suitor for him. Lot's of money comes off the books after the 2017 season with a new TV deal going into place and a rotation spot likely to open up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I thought it was average
    Depends who you ask

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i love this deal... we needed bull pen help and he is really really good... Next up we need cespedas
    hes a decent veteran option, but considering how many RH guys we had ahead of him already and several young arms competing for the rotation that could end up in the pen to start (ala devenski this year) he was probably not gonna have the option picked up. win-win here.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast