Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 232
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    16,614
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is pretty unusual but pretty cool actually

    Your baby can't do this

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    37,630
    So Brandon Graham is basically saying that as soon as Doug was hired (Chip fired) that Desean wanted to come back to the Eagles and he's saying "since the season's over, it's all but guaranteed he comes back." I want some Desean back at a small 2-3 year deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    69,915
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    So Brandon Graham is basically saying that as soon as Doug was hired (Chip fired) that Desean wanted to come back to the Eagles and he's saying "since the season's over, it's all but guaranteed he comes back." I want some Desean back at a small 2-3 year deal.
    Not me, unless it's for peanuts.

    I'd rather throw less money than what Desean will command at Kenny Stills and accomplish the same thing, IMO.

    Guys like Ginn, Aiken, Stills will all be had cheaper and serve the same purpose.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,542
    i dont want any parts of Jackson especially while we still dont have a true #1 and singing him prevents that yet again. Dude is gonna be looking to get paid on what is likely his last big pay day.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    WE ALL WE NEED. WE ALL WE GOT.


    01-30-2018, 10:57 AM #0 MILLERHIGHLIFE

    Enjoy missing the playoffs. Enjoy that capspace with no win now pieces joining a injury-prone Embiid. hahhahahah Fultz pick looks very bad for you guys. I'm not even feeling sorry either. Talk about a boring process.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,545
    I'm cool with D Jax. Better than most of what we have anyway. I get the feeling we won't be gunning for a WR in free agency though. Idk why though.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,017
    It really depends on how much he D Jax gets on the market. If he comes at a half decent price money and years wise I'd definitely pull the trigger. There are other UFA's I'd take before him but this team can't stand pat and bring back the trio of Agholor/DGB/Matthews as your top 3 WR's.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    37,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    It really depends on how much he D Jax gets on the market. If he comes at a half decent price money and years wise I'd definitely pull the trigger. There are other UFA's I'd take before him but this team can't stand pat and bring back the trio of Agholor/DGB/Matthews as your top 3 WR's.
    Exactly. I'm not signing him for what he got in Washington or even what he made in Philly. I doubt he goes for one last paycheck either as I see him coming here to prove a point and because he wants to be in Philly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    69,915
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Exactly. I'm not signing him for what he got in Washington or even what he made in Philly. I doubt he goes for one last paycheck either as I see him coming here to prove a point and because he wants to be in Philly.
    Nothing about deseans past or present says "unselfish" to me.

    He's gonna get all he can.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,017
    It's hard to say what Desean wants at this time in his life because we aren't Desean or close in his circle. His prior focus earlier in his career was about getting as much money as possible and its probably the easiest conclusion to say if he wanted the most money at 24 and 27, why not in his 30's? The one thing that has come up though is multiple players saying Desean wants to come back here (Brandon Graham and Lesean Mccoy). Why tell them you want to come back to Philly if your primary motivation is money? He could be playing some sort of financial mind game to get the most money on the market but lets face it, is Desean really smart enough to pull that off? Also, there is no reason for me to believe that Graham and/or Mccoy are lying because there is no reason to lie about it, they could have said its his decision and they wish him the best. Now, if Desean wants to come back and money is somewhat similar, I could see him taking a slight discount if he knows he'll be happy here. Now, if a team offers his 3/30 and the Eagles offer him 1/5, he'll take the money like 99.9% of people but if the contracts are slightly comparable and he knows where he's happy he could come here. This is all assuming the FO wants him back, which isn't a given.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    16,614
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Nothing about deseans past or present says "unselfish" to me.

    He's gonna get all he can.
    This ^^^

    I wouldn't mind bringing Jackson back for a reasonable price for 1-2 years but I doubt he will give the Eagles a discount.. He will probably go to the highest bidder, hopefully that's not the Eagles because I think money can be better spent on other holes

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    37,630
    Oh well absolutely if he wants high money. I just don't think he will if, like burkey and i said about graham and mccoy saying he wants to come back is true. Anything more than say 3/18 max with 8 guaranteed, I wouldn't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    69,915
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Oh well absolutely if he wants high money. I just don't think he will if, like burkey and i said about graham and mccoy saying he wants to come back is true. Anything more than say 3/18 max with 8 guaranteed, I wouldn't do it.
    I get what you're saying, I'd have a hard time turning that down if that were the case, and you know my thoughts on Jackson. I really like Kenny Stills though, can do the same thing Jackson does and should come at half the price. Ginn is another guy who makes some sense to me, plus he can help out in the return game.

    All and all I'm just curious to see the direction this team goes now that we have a QB with a year under his belt. I'm not sure many expected the process to be where it is now, we basically fast forwarded things a year and with the other 3 teams in the division being infinitely better than we are right now, we don't have too much time to sit back. My biggest fear is Doug not getting enough time to do what he wants to do, similar to Chip although many hate him and I won't argue. I think he should have had 1 more year, but that's neither here nor there. Mostly I miss Andy, and to live in Missouri and watch him win and win and win with Alex Smith as his Qb just freaking kills me that he was so disrespected in his final seasons here.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    37,630
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I get what you're saying, I'd have a hard time turning that down if that were the case, and you know my thoughts on Jackson. I really like Kenny Stills though, can do the same thing Jackson does and should come at half the price. Ginn is another guy who makes some sense to me, plus he can help out in the return game.

    All and all I'm just curious to see the direction this team goes now that we have a QB with a year under his belt. I'm not sure many expected the process to be where it is now, we basically fast forwarded things a year and with the other 3 teams in the division being infinitely better than we are right now, we don't have too much time to sit back. My biggest fear is Doug not getting enough time to do what he wants to do, similar to Chip although many hate him and I won't argue. I think he should have had 1 more year, but that's neither here nor there. Mostly I miss Andy, and to live in Missouri and watch him win and win and win with Alex Smith as his Qb just freaking kills me that he was so disrespected in his final seasons here.
    I like Stills too and thought the Dolphins got a good deal in that trade with NO. Thought NO gave up on him too early, but they are a WR factory so it hasn't hurt them. I wouldn't mind going after him. If they all came at the same price, I'd take Stills.

    Chip was because of his ego he was let go. I guarantee it. If he was more open then I'm pretty sure Lorie would've held tight a year or two more.

    I miss Andy too but the issue with him, and still in KC, is he could never get over the hump. He's had top 10 defenses and passable offenses but could never get further than 1 superbowl appearance. He's a great regular season coach but he's just been roadblocked way too many times. He's still the best coach in Eagles franchise history though and regardless of him being "disrespected," which I don't think he was 'so disrespected,' I'd be hardpressed to find an Eagles fan that would say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I get what you're saying, I'd have a hard time turning that down if that were the case, and you know my thoughts on Jackson. I really like Kenny Stills though, can do the same thing Jackson does and should come at half the price. Ginn is another guy who makes some sense to me, plus he can help out in the return game.

    All and all I'm just curious to see the direction this team goes now that we have a QB with a year under his belt. I'm not sure many expected the process to be where it is now, we basically fast forwarded things a year and with the other 3 teams in the division being infinitely better than we are right now, we don't have too much time to sit back. My biggest fear is Doug not getting enough time to do what he wants to do, similar to Chip although many hate him and I won't argue. I think he should have had 1 more year, but that's neither here nor there. Mostly I miss Andy, and to live in Missouri and watch him win and win and win with Alex Smith as his Qb just freaking kills me that he was so disrespected in his final seasons here.
    I don't know about that. People tend to forget that the NFL is usually topsy turvy. It's a different league every year. We're in a good position right now, in my opinion.

    Washington: They've got to figure out what to do with Kirk Cousins. He wants to get paid and that'll strangle them financially. If they lose Kirk, it'll hurt them greatly. So will losing Desean (who I think is gone, whether that's to come here or a contender).

    NYG: Eli's on his last legs, in my opinion. At some point they'll move on.

    Dallas: The biggest threat, but I truly believe what we're seeing is lightning in a bottle. I've said it all season. Don't expect these same results next year once team's have a season's worth of film on Dak and Zeke.

    We'll be okay. Trust the process.

    The return... 2018-19

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    69,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I don't know about that. People tend to forget that the NFL is usually topsy turvy. It's a different league every year. We're in a good position right now, in my opinion.

    Washington: They've got to figure out what to do with Kirk Cousins. He wants to get paid and that'll strangle them financially. If they lose Kirk, it'll hurt them greatly. So will losing Desean (who I think is gone, whether that's to come here or a contender).

    NYG: Eli's on his last legs, in my opinion. At some point they'll move on.

    Dallas: The biggest threat, but I truly believe what we're seeing is lightning in a bottle. I've said it all season. Don't expect these same results next year once team's have a season's worth of film on Dak and Zeke.

    We'll be okay. Trust the process.
    Oh, I do. I'm talking more about making our big splash in 2018. The list of FA's in that class is very, very deep. That's why I'm OK not going after a guy like Alshon now. Being the only true #1 on the market will drive his price up a tad. In 2018, go get a guy like Hopkins.

    Finish off the OL this draft, find that RT of the future be it Big V or draft a guy. Solidify the D with some actual CB's. I'd find a way to go get the best CB available with our first pick. Finish off the DL. We have some good depth there but could always use more in that area. Fix the LB group. All of this can be done in the draft, IMO.

    FA's that I would target depending on price: Pryor, Stills, Ginn, Lacy. Clear some cap space, and then fo all in in 2018 finding your franchise playmakers on offense.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •