Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    While that may be the case, the Mets chose not to bring up Thor because of lack of maturity.

They may also see Rosario as not being ready, or a prospect that can't handle difficulty at the next level.

I'm not sure, but I do expect the Mets to bring him, Smith and whomever up sometime in August or September.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    While that may be the case, the Mets chose not to bring up Thor because of lack of maturity.

They may also see Rosario as not being ready, or a prospect that can't handle difficulty at the next level.

I'm not sure, but I do expect the Mets to bring him, Smith and whomever up sometime in August or September.
    Agree. They may also want to move some bodies before bringing him up. I believe they should bring him up ASAP. Slump or no slump. Lack of walks, 14 errors be damned. I'd rather see him take some lumps and make adjustments now and be ready to roll in 2018 than spending July and August in Vegas.

My argument would be: give him a chance and then you will know for sure. It's not like they can't send him back to the minors later if things are not working out. There has to be money involved somehow for the Mets to continue to be this stubborn about this situation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

sorry, double post.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    My argument would be: give him a chance and then you will know for sure. It's not like they can't send him back to the minors later if things are not working out. There has to be money involved somehow for the Mets to continue to be this stubborn about this situation.

If it was about money, its not anymore. They're past super 2.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It's about trying to get some value out of the vets that are on the squad, imo.

Rosario won't be playing everyday if he comes up right now. Once they make a trade or two, he's coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I just don't get why they wouldn't do it after super 2 passed. Why not give him a chance? Throw him into the fire and send him back to the minors if needed, in case he needs to work on what he learned in the majors. Something just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    It's about trying to get some value out of the vets that are on the squad, imo.

Rosario won't be playing everyday if he comes up right now. Once they make a trade or two, he's coming up.

But what sort of value will they get out of Reyes? I would say absolutely nothing. The team should have sat Reyes and brought up Rosario as soon as super 2 passed.

I just don't get why they wouldn't do it after super 2 passed. Why not give him a chance? Throw him into the fire and send him back to the minors if needed, in case he needs to work on what he learned in the majors. Something just doesn't seem right.
    Even if it wasn't about money, most Met fans are going to believe it is. Maybe they feel he isn't ready yet like Clay said. The Yankees have a need in their rotation and haven't brought up Chance Adams, even though he continues to dominate minor league batters. Good AAA stats don't always necessitate call ups. They may feel he's lacking something from a developmental standpoint that more time in the minors can help him.

That said, he'll be up before September.

Getting value out of their vets should be priority at this point with the season being pretty much over. The hope is Reyes can catch fire over the next month because he is making the league minimum in terms of salary. That would make him a decent asset.

But the Mets are not a franchise that likes to send down franchise prospects. Remember how long last year it took them to send down Conforto.

If I had to take a guess, the Mets want to move certain pieces before bringing Rosario and friends. And for the record I am more excited about Alonso than I am for Smith.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Tomas Nido and Rasario have been selected to play in the futures game during the all star break.

And my boy, Miguel Angel Sano, will participate in the home run derby. I'll be watching both of those events.

Who amongst the Mets gets selected to the All star game???

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation:31716370

If he will be called up this year anyway, better to just be now. The more he plays this year, likely the better he will be next year when we can try to compete again.

Flexen had a nice outing last night for the Rumble Ponies, 6 innings, 1 er, 0 BBs and 10 Ks

Flexen had a nice outing last night for the Rumble Ponies, 6 innings, 1 er, 0 BBs and 10 Ks
    That's good to heat

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Tomas Nido and Rasario have been selected to play in the futures game during the all star break.

And my boy, Miguel Angel Sano, will participate in the home run derby. I'll be watching both of those events.

Who amongst the Mets gets selected to the All star game???

I'd say Jay Bruce.

Conforto doesn't have momentum and started the season as a bench player.

Also since the AS game doesn't count anymore, I doubt someone like Reed or Blevins get in.

Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast