Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2232
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    conflicting reports if he was even offered 4/70. its his old agent saying it was offered and rejected so could just be trying to make Noel look bad.
    Doubt it. Seems like that would be bad for business. It's not like that would be too hard to verify. If anything he was making sure people know he doesn't suck as an agent.

There's a bunch of stories coming out about how that 4/70 offer might not have been real.

PROCESSING

I don't understand the concept of giving Harrison Barnes a max contract and not being willing to give Nerlens 20mil.

barnes is better?

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong:31817858
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    if u think kyrie is as good as curry, your opinion on the subject no longer means anything to anyone...

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

kyrie is probably closest to beal, who is also relatively bad at defense as well, but its hard to compare a PG to a SG on a stats page like this... wall and curry are very far ahead of kyrie based on the entirety of their stats... kyrie does shoot much better than wall, but wall has him beat everywhere else.

the thing that surprised me the most was how relatively bad kyrie is at getting to the FT line compared to the other 3.

i also expect Kyries turnovers to go way up next season based on him being the main/only ball handler in boston compared to last season sharing a lot of that load with lebron james.
    On the cavs Kyrie was more comparable to a shooting guard than a point because lebron.

Kyrie will be in a much different role on Celtics.

I've been said Kyrie was as good maybe even better than curry. That's not news.
    Kyrie is significantly worse than Curry. Curry is the best shooting guard (not SG) in the history of the NBA. He can create off the dribble just as well as Kyrie. I'm not sure in what area Kyrie can be considered better than Steph.

Aren't the C's in a bit of a bind if the Cavs don't pull the trigger on a Kyrie trade? Who is their point guard if IT is going to miss significant playing time? This makes the trade with the Sixers look like a blunder by Ainge if he knew IT's injury was that severe.

If the trade falls through and the Celtics don't have IT until late January, early February, are they a top 5 team in the East?

Also, NN signing for $4M makes Colangelo's trade with the Maverick's look worst but I still like what he did this summer so I'm not going to treat it as a huge misstep. Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    barnes is better?
    Based on what exactly?

Really the only area Barnes would come up on top would be PPG.... And it's only like a really small difference if u look at per 36mins or per 100 possessions.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players
    Last edited by BChydro86; 08-29-2017 at 01:57 AM.

I can't believe we are stil talking about NN, he is becoming irrelevant NBA wise IMO, and I'm not trying to bait someone.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

how is he irrelevant? when given starters minutes, he is easily be one of the best defensive players in basketball and a plus offensive player... if u think his lack of a long term contract is a reflection of his skills and not a reflection of a dried up market, then you, my friend, are wrong.

PS. im still waiting for Dish, or anyone really, to explain to me any basis for saying Harrison Barnes is better than Nerlens Noel.

Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    how is he irrelevant? when given starters minutes, he is easily be one of the best defensive players in basketball and a plus offensive player... if u think his lack of a long term contract is a reflection of his skills and not a reflection of a dried up market, then you, my friend, are wrong.

PS. im still waiting for Dish, or anyone really, to explain to me any basis for saying Harrison Barnes is better than Nerlens Noel.
    Scoring in the NBA is more relevant than defense. Done.

maybe for superstars, not role players.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySportFan View Post
    Scoring in the NBA is more relevant than defense. Done.
    Yet the defensing champs are #2 in the NBA defensively but:
    https://media2.giphy.com/media/EZYQjm1uPrXGg/200_s.gif

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yet the defensing champs are #2 in the NBA defensively but:
    https://media2.giphy.com/media/EZYQjm1uPrXGg/200_s.gif
    You can believe what you want, just look at the box scores of the NBA finals and tell me defense wins championships in today's NBA. I don't believe it, sure you need some defense, the more the better but it doesn't matter if you cannot score at a very high rate. I'm a Philly boy and I love me some defense, to this day I take pride in my defense in just a pickup game with some buddies. I accept the fact of what the current NBA is, Nerlens Noel is a good player, he's not in the best era for what he is. Harrison Barnes has more value in this era. That's the bottom line.
    Last edited by PhillySportFan; 08-31-2017 at 09:08 PM.

And Harrison Barnes is still a top shelf defender.....

PROCESSING

2016-17: Champs were #2 in D
    2015-16: Champs were top 10 in D
    2014-15: Champs were #1 in D
    2013-14: Champs were #4 in D
    2012-12: #7
    2011-12: #4
    2010-11: #7
    2009-10: #6
    2008-09: #5
    2007-08: #1
    2006-07: #2

So tell me again how defense doesn't matter. Only once in a decade was the Champs outside the top 7 in defense, and only 4 times in 10 years outside the top 5.

PROCESSING