Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Orioles Offseason Thread 2016/17

Post information here pertaining to the off-season. I'd love to see some more Orioles fans coming through here.

If Orioles GM Dan Duquette decides to shop any veterans, right-handed reliever Brad Brach might carry the most appeal, writes Rich Dubroff of CSNMidAtlantic. Dubroff contends that the Orioles should deal Brach if they’re able to acquire help in the leadoff spot or behind the plate. That could be a tall ask in either case, though the soon-to-be 31-year-old Brach is under team control at affordable rates over the next two seasons and has been particularly effective since 2015. Over the past two seasons, Brach has combined for a 2.58 ERA, 10.29 K/9 and 3.58 BB/9 in 158 1/3 innings. Brach underwent knee surgery earlier this month, but it was a minor procedure that shouldn’t affect his 2017 availability.

-MLBTR
    We have few prospects that interest other teams, and the one who does is the catcher of the future and not likely to be dealt. I can definitely see Brach being the centerpiece of a trade this off-season. I'd love to acquire a high OBP and speed guy for the top of the order.