Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Can I raise one little concern?

Other than a few mods, I've noticed that most aren't as active anymore once they get mod-ed. Most stop posting as much, and I feel more "active" mods, who try to put and end to a discussion or take part on a deeper level would help. I think some of the better mods take part in discussions, and maybe no take sides but say something like "I think your onto something here".

Another thing, I know that points should be private for the most part, but Mods should more publicly write that someone's behavior has been warned, and anyone who pushes that conversation could be at risk as well. I feel as though more mods publicly address an issue would help, as opposed to the "delete post nothing to see here" method that goes on.

One of my favorite forums (golfwrx) handles things in that matter. A very public "nonsense stops" posts, infractions if the behavior (note the topic can continue) continues.
    Yup... Again I get why they took Mod away from Jeffy and I know some dislike him but he is pretty much what id prefer most mods to be... He was online damn near all the time and always taking part in discussions... People didnt really like the know it all attitude but i never felt like he crossed any lines in terms of the site rules or if he did it wasnt really as often as some current mods do... The mods we have currently either dont post or take part on the site as they should and I dont wanna hear that they have lives as well.. They can have lives but if you are going to mod this site you need to actually be on a good bit and take part..... The next set of Mods are the mods that allow emotions to take over and come off *****y and condescending and walk the line of the site rules but throw their power around when others do.... Then there is the minority and the actual good mods like Soop/Rush/Timmah/Dmac/Thomas and that **** Lions who I am not sure is still actually a mod but these guys along with a few others are really good at what they do... I just feel like before this site goes the route of bringing back members we should try more of a stability thing because **** rolls down hill... I get some of the posters others want brought back were issues but nothing will change if they are brought back and we still have **** Mods with the Do as I say not as I do mentality....

The site needs to police itself first before they focus on Policing others and there is a major issue on this site when we have mods that troll/bait or give in to trolling and baiting and add to an already explosive situation and this isnt just about the recent Ciabian ****... He isnt the first nor the last that walks the line of the site rules and walks away scott free while posters do the same thing and get policed... If I really wanted to be a dick I could go off the list of Tms/Mods that are absolute **** but that is probably more so private message material to ADmins or SI... And I know I shouldnt be throwing stones because I am a dick and I act out as much as anyone esp in the past but I never once was a mod...I never once deserved to be a mod but its a joke that this site bans people but allows their own Moderators to act like douchebags with little to no backlash and over the years there have been countless horrid ****ing mods... Some I even consider friends but lets call a spade a spade... Jeffy might have ****ed up in real life but he was a great mod.... KJ/MOOSE/FRED/DMAC/LIONSLOLPOS/Rush/Soop/Timmah and the list can go on... That is where the bar should be set from Mods to Tms... You want to bring in more activity it starts at the top because bringing back OG wont last very long and some might not even return because of said issues above.

Hell I can even name annoying dick like Mods from years ago who I HATED but actually did the Job top notch and kept it fair across the board and never let **** get to them... Being Mod is a privilege... Nobody is forced to take Modship but when they do they should do it just like its a paying job or dont take it at all.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 10-26-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Along those lines I think a mod who has done a great job at what I was explaining is MG in NFL main. He's involved in the conversation and steers it in the right direction when it needs it. Things in NFL main have been better since he got the MOD status because he's a poster we respect.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here, just trying to have an open dialogue.

What do you expect from us and/or how do you want us to improve?
    Transparency and consistency.

Openly admit to mistakes -- especially when they lead to non-refundable infraction points. In the meantime explain to me how calling somoneone, "my choochie face" is infractable, but calling someone a douchebag is not infractable? Next explain to me how reporting an obvious and blatantly racist post - ends up with the person reporting the post to be penalized by having to filter ALL of the offender's posts.

If you cannot moderate consistently, then don't moderate at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    We've been told that our site recommendations/changes currently aren't a priority for SDI.

PSD Admin/Mods can't change that, but you guys can.
    True. During the summer of 2015 PSD servers ran like ****. I found the name of SDI's President and CEO at the time, Dan LeBlanc, on Linked In and told him that the servers were a major problem. He apologized and within 10 days PSD had new servers and the site has performed much better since.

Last edited by Dugmet; 10-26-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

To piggy back off of Dugmet, is there ways to get words added to a report list? Meaning that if I type the word douchebag/douche bag the post gets flagged automatically and dropped into a list that mods can see. You can do this for many words (i understand time consuming to think of and enter these words/phrases but ultimately worth it once all entered) and then instead of depending on posters reporting these posts, they are already in a list.

I think something like that should be constructed and I believe something could be done since the ability to sensor words is already an option.

I also hate the idea that the mods should be dependent on reported posts even though I do know it's harder for a mod to see problematic posts until they are reported. You check a list with key words and positive it'll help clean up a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

So I can't call a douchebag, a douchebag? That kinda sucks.

That would kill mods to have every time a *********** word is used to have to moderate that. That is so over the top.

Like I said, mods involved in discussions and very active TM's who keep an eye out for that stuff can help. The thing I've noticed is the forums with the most problems have mods that aren't that active in that forum anymore.

PROCESSING

Definitely difficult to moderate every curse word.

Being dependent on reported posts does make things difficult sometimes, though. I think that is why often folks on here think that moderation is inconsistent. We can only take action on things we know about and it's not like mods can read every single post on here. So an auto-report feature would make that easier, but it would also be a bit counter-intuitive to the goal of fewer infractions that seems to be gathering steam.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    Definitely difficult to moderate every curse word.

Being dependent on reported posts does make things difficult sometimes, though. I think that is why often folks on here think that moderation is inconsistent. We can only take action on things we know about and it's not like mods can read every single post on here. So an auto-report feature would make that easier, but it would also be a bit counter-intuitive to the goal of fewer infractions that seems to be gathering steam.
    Maybe have more TM's and TM of the forum reported posts get moderation priority?

What about in the TM forum a place for us to have an "attention to mods" area. A place where us TM's cam make Mods aware of a thread where there might not be an active rules issue, but it's getting heated. Get the mention function.

So say there's an issue in an NBA main thread, I can link and say "Hey @mamba24, check out this thread. User XXX and User YYYY are getting into it and it's heated, might want to put a public warning."

If there's a mention function you would get a notification right away. And it isn't hard to see what mods are online.

Just spitballing here. But I feel like TM's are underutilized.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    To piggy back off of Dugmet, is there ways to get words added to a report list? Meaning that if I type the word douchebag/douche bag the post gets flagged automatically and dropped into a list that mods can see. You can do this for many words (i understand time consuming to think of and enter these words/phrases but ultimately worth it once all entered) and then instead of depending on posters reporting these posts, they are already in a list.

I think something like that should be constructed and I believe something could be done since the ability to sensor words is already an option.

I also hate the idea that the mods should be dependent on reported posts even though I do know it's harder for a mod to see problematic posts until they are reported. You check a list with key words and positive it'll help clean up a lot.
    I'm not sure if we have that capability.

It's a good idea in that it brings it to our attention right away, but it has the potential to clog up the RP's forum with posts that don't need to be dealt with, like Kruk gave as an example. Most of the time we're dealing with 5-10 RP's at once and are in discussion about them. It could be more of a hindrance than being helpful.

Not shooting down the idea, but maybe we can gets some ideas to use from it.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Maybe have more TM's and TM of the forum reported posts get moderation priority?

What about in the TM forum a place for us to have an "attention to mods" area. A place where us TM's cam make Mods aware of a thread where there might not be an active rules issue, but it's getting heated. Get the mention function.

So say there's an issue in an NBA main thread, I can link and say "Hey @mamba24, check out this thread. User XXX and User YYYY are getting into it and it's heated, might want to put a public warning."

If there's a mention function you would get a notification right away. And it isn't hard to see what mods are online.

Just spitballing here. But I feel like TM's are underutilized.
    I like that idea. We can for sure put a up a thread to help speed up the process, though I don't think we have the capability to have an instant notification. But that is something to look into.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I like that idea. We can for sure put a up a thread to help speed up the process, though I don't think we have the capability to have an instant notification. But that is something to look into.
    I think it could help out if instead of having to report or pm, a TM can just post to a tread of an impending issue. If not instant notification, if you use Tapa and subscribe to a thread, you get an alert when there's activity.

PROCESSING

Also, if there seems to be an issue, another quick way to handle something, is to pm myself, Thomas, or any other of the mods.

Hey this is a public forum. I'm having my opinion

But to ONK, isn't calling someone a douchebag that's a douchebag frowned upon? I mean, I agree with you, but if 'name-calling' is an infractible offense it should be moderated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

But to ONK, isn't calling someone a douchebag that's a douchebag frowned upon? I mean, I agree with you, but if 'name-calling' is an infractible offense it should be moderated.
    I was just kidding....sort of.

I don't "frown upon it"

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast