Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Say we did allow banned posters to return, how should we go about policing, if at all then? I don't think it's fair for other posters who want to come on here and have a genuine discussion to have to deal with people insulting them because their opinion is different or having posters come into their forum and rub their faces in a tough loss or elimination. That could push them away too. They shouldn't have to put up with that. We should have some civility also.

I think there has to be some type of consequence for posters who are continuously *******s.

This may not be accepted, but what if we lessened the time for bans and extended the amount of points in order to be permbanned?
    Better question: can you even make something like this happen if the majority of people thought it was a good idea? Because it seems like you've been saying that you don't even have the ability to make big changes such as this.

Not talking **** at all just curious. We can all talk about this until we're blue in the face but what's the point if the people actually in power don't even have any real powers outside of infracting/banning posters and locking/closing threads (again seems very counter productive if the goal here is to increase activity).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Better question: can you even make something like this happen if the majority of people thought it was a good idea? Because it seems like you've been saying that you don't even have the ability to make big changes such as this.

Not talking **** at all just curious. We can all talk about this until we're blue in the face but what's the point if the people actually in power don't even have any real powers outside of infracting/banning posters and locking/closing threads (again seems very counter productive if the goal here is to increase activity).
    I thought of that. We would have to run that SDI, but ya, who knows how long that would take or if even possible.

Just trying to come up with ideas to run it by all the mods and bring it up with SDI.

Is there any real reason/need to run rule changes by SDI? I mean they own the site but the enforcement and day to day should be done by the admins. I would say do it and if they have a problem with it, they can find new admins.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

If we did bring back banned posters, it would be very difficult to go through the banned list because there is 424 pages of it, and a lot of that are spam accounts. Not saying it's not happening, but searching through those pages will be VERY time consuming.
    Just going backwards through the posters sorted by post count list would help. Unban, say, every poster with 1000 or 2000 posts here. No reason frequent contributors like that should be banned. Certainly there will be exceptions among them for some mods if the poster did something egregious (I can only think of one) but when a guy like sexicano is permabanned. I mean did anyone even dislike him? Even whatever mod permabanned him? I doubt it. Much less the harmless but sometimes grating posters like jej - who was one of the best MLB forum posters.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Is there any real reason/need to run rule changes by SDI? I mean they own the site but the enforcement and day to day should be done by the admins. I would say do it and if they have a problem with it, they can find new admins.
    We have run of the site, and we can implement new rules or retract them, but we don't have the ability to change the infraction system which is vital to enforcing the rules.

We have run of the site, and we can implement new rules or retract them, but we don't have the ability to change the infraction system which is vital to enforcing the rules.
    But don't/wouldn't you have the ability to remove infraction points or unban people? Pretty sure, unless you're completely locked out, you can manipulate the infraction system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But don't/wouldn't you have the ability to remove infraction points or unban people? Pretty sure, unless you're completely locked out, you can manipulate the infraction system.
    Not without SDI approval, hence the encouraging of Users contacting SDI so we get a higher priority placed on our requests.
    Come Be The Apple Of The PWW Owner's Eye!

*PSD Wrestling Wars Link* http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...restling-Wars!

We can rescind infraction points and reverse bans. The big issue, for me, if we allowed permaban users back, how would we go about disciplining them, if warranted? Do we rescind some infractions and give them an allotted amount of points? Don't rescind infractions, but manually ban them?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Not without SDI approval, hence the encouraging of Users contacting SDI so we get a higher priority placed on our requests.
    We can rescind infraction points and reverse bans. The big issue, for me, if we allowed permaban users back, how would we go about disciplining them, if warranted? Do we rescind some infractions and give them an allotted amount of points? Don't rescind infractions, but manually ban them?
    So which one is it?

Furthermore, I have a hard time believing SDI would take any requests to remove infractions/unban posters seriously. Random individuals have probably been asking about that to no avail for years. The only opinions on this I see as really mattering to the higher ups would be the opinions of you moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    So which one is it?
    We can without their approval.

I've already seen, in this thread I believe, mods/admins basically saying reaching out to SDI about the forum falls on deaf ears because of SDI's lack or care. So why would you want us to waste our time when mods/admins can't even get through to them?

I'm not sure how it is now, but I know, as a former mod, you can notate peoples accounts. Unban them and clear their note history. Put a note/asterisk on their account basically flagging them. Treat them no differently than you would any other poster but on a little shorter of a leash.

I just think the points adding up to where a poster with a long history here can get banned because of something he/she did years ago. I understand that's not everyone as I think I was banned once or twice and had an infraction rescinded so I'm probably in no fear of being permabanned, but there are plenty of people that came onto this site as jackasses but then stopped being jackasses. It happens.

Unless you spam or just an overall nuisance, there really shouldn't be people that are permabanned.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

We can without their approval.
    Wouldn't we need SDI approval to manually ban or to address some of your questions you brought up earlier?

I've already seen, in this thread I believe, mods/admins basically saying reaching out to SDI about the forum falls on deaf ears because of SDI's lack or care. So why would you want us to waste our time when mods/admins can't even get through to them?
    Because I know for a fact that the PSD Users emailing SDI helped/assisted with the hack recovery and announcements from SDI. I even know specific Users that have contacted SDI in regards to other matters that got replies and assistance.

If SDI got, let's say 25-50 different emails communicating issues with PSD, I'd assume it wouldn't hurt our cause.

It's not a waste of your time either. Takes 5 minutes to scribe an email and sent it along, probably just as long as it takes to make multiple posts in the Feedback & Concerns Subforum.

To each is their own though.

Because I know for a fact that the PSD Users emailing SDI helped/assisted with the hack recovery and announcements from SDI. I even know specific Users that have contacted SDI in regards to other matters that got replies and assistance.

If SDI got, let's say 25-50 different emails communicating issues with PSD, I'd assume it wouldn't hurt our cause.

It's not a waste of your time either. Takes 5 minutes to scribe an email and sent it along, probably just as long as it takes to make multiple posts in the Feedback & Concerns Subforum.

To each is their own though.
    Well I was unaware of the user contacting for the hack, but regardless I'd think that was a whole bigger of a mess and potential legal mess/repercussion than "let's make the non-money making forum better."

I don't necessarily disagree with users reaching out but it's a little off-putting when it's been said from moderators/admins that any suggestions they make fall on deaf ears.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast