Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post
    Maybe no other Moderators saw your recent post in this thread or noticed it remained undeleted since it was buried in the thread?

I was just being transparent with you on what had happened and why it was accidentally left undeleted.

That's all.
    as was I. I got banned for a non-offensive post a full month after I made it and then said post stayed on the broad for 2 months without being deleted. I appreciate your honestly. it doesn't make you in the right.
    Last edited by ewing; 06-18-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

PSD's running on empty and you guys just permabanned another member. Hell of a job.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Yeah. I am nowhere near a fan of Magoo but....another one bites the dust. There's no reason he should have been perma'd. Whatever though, that's PSD for ya.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

He called a user, who is Muslim, a defender of terrorism, saying that he'd sympathize with terrorism and would commit their heinous acts. That was a pretty egregious act. He didn't have a clean record. Before this infraction he had 15 points. Not exactly a model citizen.

Moderation General

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I guess calling a user, who is Muslim, a defender of terrorism and saying that he'd sympathize with terrorism and would commit their heinous acts should go unpunished? He didn't have a clean record. Before this infraction he had 15 points. Not exactly a model citizen.

But as always, **** PSD. The ones who break the rules are the victims.
    There is a reason people think that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-18-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Lol...protect us from the sins of Magoo! Zmaster is far from a "model citizen" as well and has posted plenty of questionable stuff himself (not that I care too much, it's all just words). Me thinks Magoo got banned because SOIA was sick of dealing with him and wanted him gone as much or more than any other reason.

If you're going to ban anyone, just do us all a favor and ban ciaban for goodness sakes.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lol...protect us from the sins of Magoo! Zmaster is far from a "model citizen" as well and has posted plenty of questionable stuff himself (not that I care too much, it's all just words). Me thinks Magoo got banned because SOIA was sick of dealing with him and wanted him gone as much or more than any other reason.

If you're going to ban anyone, just do us all a favor and ban ciaban for goodness sakes.
    Believe it or not, he was one of two people expressing leniency in this. However, even the mods who tend to give the most as far as the rules go were in favor of the stricter infraction here.

I don't know what Magoo said and I don't really care, but I doubt nasty would think it merited a permaban and it's his reputation in question. Magoo is a good poster and sometimes political discussions get heated. So what? Better to talk than to take the SJW approach and shout one side down because you think you're "right."

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    He called a user, who is Muslim, a defender of terrorism, saying that he'd sympathize with terrorism and would commit their heinous acts. That was a pretty egregious act. He didn't have a clean record. Before this infraction he had 15 points. Not exactly a model citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I don't know what Magoo said and I don't really care, but I doubt nasty would think it merited a permaban and it's his reputation in question. Magoo is a good poster and sometimes political discussions get heated. So what? Better to talk than to take the SJW approach and shout one side down because you think you're "right."
    It had nothing to do with being on the right or wrong side of an argument. Calling someone out based on their religion over multiple pages of posts is not going to be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Believe it or not, he was one of two people expressing leniency in this. However, even the mods who tend to give the most as far as the rules go were in favor of the stricter infraction here.
    who actually votes on this stuff and how many of you actually post across forums?

It had nothing to do with being on the right or wrong side of an argument. Calling someone out based on their religion over multiple pages of posts is not going to be tolerated.
    I'm not talking about being "right." Both nasty and zmaster have expressed sympathy with the political goals of terror (read: not terror or violence itself). Just like some users express sympathy with the political goals of US war policy. So what? Is it off limits to believe these things, or only when it's politically correct to characterize these things in a certain way?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    who actually votes on this stuff and how many of you actually post across forums?
    All of the moderators are able to share their opinions, as all reported posts are dumped into a specific forum. In this case, I had 10 opinions due to people being out on vacation, and three of them were from the Mets forum. Others were a couple super mods, the commissioners and a few other regular mods.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I'm not talking about being "right." Both nasty and zmaster have expressed sympathy with the political goals of terror (read: not terror or violence itself). Just like some users express sympathy with the political goals of US war policy. So what? Is it off limits to believe these things, or only when it's politically correct to characterize these things in a certain way?
    Calling someone a Jihadist is a sure way to an infraction, and in this case, someone with a history of racial/stereotyping remarks like that got a permanent ban because of it.

All of the moderators are able to share their opinions, as all reported posts are dumped into a specific forum. In this case, I had 10 opinions due to people being out on vacation, and three of them were from the Mets forum. Others were a couple super mods, the commissioners and a few other regular mods.
    honestly, that sounds like a lot of opinions. maybe you should consider formalizing and limiting things more. one small group running general forums and overseeing team mods that oversea team forums. A unanimous vote means a ban, since some mods can seem vindictive and trigger happy. also not being able to communicate with anyone via the forum once you are banned is insulting, just some ideas, there seemed to be some ideas that people liked but i don't know if you guys are actually doing them. I get the feeling inviting guys back is the same thing. You don't need a nuremberg trial to invite someone back. Have the active mods that know the forums well suggest guys if there are no objections amongst that group invite the guy back. I don't know the context of Magoo's banning but mine was a clear joke and handled poorly leading up to and after i was banned.
    Last edited by ewing; 06-19-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Or we could just let Norm decide

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast