Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Moderation General

I wanted to post in the Banhammer thread, but of course it was closed for no real reason. Maybe we can have a discussion here on why the moderation is designed to destroy this site though. At the very least the moderators could allow the actual longtime users to discuss this.

As to filihok, it's ridiculous. I've butted heads with the guy before but he was one of the best posters and now he's permabanned? I mean what is the goal here? And don't give me the "this is the points system" BS. I've been banned for most of the past month for "disruptive" behavior - once for a post that was 5 days old and led to no disruption and another time for questioning the moderation openly. BTW neither moderator (Timmah or Aust) has given any explanation - I suppose they think that disagreeing with them means you're being "disruptive."

The NFL forum is dead, it's pathetic, and it used to be one of the best on the site. The MLB one is basically as bad. The NBA is still moderately active but for how long? Threads created in the NFL and MLB are constantly closed or merged with huge "general" threads for no reason in particular, beyond a particular moderator's boredom I suppose.

I'm one of the best posters on this site. There are about 50-75 of us left, of which filihok was one too, that drive discussion in many different areas of the site. Filihok was a better poster than 90% of the actual moderators. Why is it that the moderation has been geared to irk and disillusion this group of people that represents all that is left of a dying forum?

I'm not trying to sound sarcastic here, just trying to have an open dialogue.

What do you expect from us and/or how do you want us to improve?

I know two big things are permabans and the point system. We want to improve that, but there is nothing we can do right now. We've expressed our ideas to our "bosses". The best things for users to do is to send an email to PSD and let them know where you would like to see improvement.

I can't speak for the NFL forum, but I can say confidently that in the MLB forum there is rarely a closed or merged thread. Sometimes those ideas have crossed my mind, but I, and the other MLB mods, have left those threads to themselves to encourage discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post

I know two big things are permabans and the point system. We want to improve that, but there is nothing we can do right now. We've expressed our ideas to our "bosses". The best things for users to do is to send an email to PSD and let them know where you would like to see improvement.

I can't speak for the NFL forum, but I can say confidently that in the MLB forum there is rarely a closed or merged thread. Sometimes those ideas have crossed my mind, but I, and the other MLB mods, have left those threads to themselves to encourage discussion.
    You want truth? Me and you are besties and Id hump your leg along with timmah BUT the drop off from certain mods to others is laughably bad... Not to beat a dead horse and again I hate Fil and actually liked Ciab but he is one of the **** mods... and spliff isnt wrong when he says it has gone on for a long long time... Yesterday was another fine example... He was doing his same old **** that ray Charles could have seen coming and he gets away with it because its technically not against the rules and other mods on here do similar ****. Serious question are Mods/TMs suppose to be held to higher standards? If not I have no issues then but if that is the case there should be a way for us to put them on ignore.

You guys are Admins... Some guys just arent good Mods... You guys should have the right to rep Mods or hav the pick of who you guys want as Mods and hold them to the same standards you and Timmah are held to...And Its not just Ciab but he is one of the problems... KJ was spot on when he stated there should be an overhaul of mods.

Do less.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'd agree that it's lame that last thread was closed. People trying to have an open and honest conversation on improving a site that seems to be on it's deathbed and it gets locked....for what? Who was that supposedly protecting? If you guys can't do anything about some of these issues, than what's the point of pretending like any of this feedback even matters? Sending emails to whoever that is seems like a longshot (especially if they're ignoring you guys who actually should have some power around here).

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    You want truth? Me and you are besties and Id hump your leg along with timmah BUT the drop off from certain mods to others is laughably bad... Not to beat a dead horse and again I hate Fil and actually liked Ciab but he is one of the **** mods... and spliff isnt wrong when he says it has gone on for a long long time... Yesterday was another fine example... He was doing his same old **** that ray Charles could have seen coming and he gets away with it because its technically not against the rules and other mods on here do similar ****. Serious question are Mods/TMs suppose to be held to higher standards? If not I have no issues then but if that is the case there should be a way for us to put them on ignore.

You guys are Admins... Some guys just arent good Mods... You guys should have the right to rep Mods or hav the pick of who you guys want as Mods and hold them to the same standards you and Timmah are held to...And Its not just Ciab but he is one of the problems... KJ was spot on when he stated there should be an overhaul of mods.
    Basically this:

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do less.
    Communities like PSD do a remarkable job of self-policing. I'd say it's a better job than the actual moderation. "Disruptive" is ambiguous, and many times amounts to a moderator having a personal dislike for a poster or what they are saying. Why should that result in weeks, months, or sometimes even permabans?

Also if mods want to help just start unbanning people. Unban nymetsrule. Unban jej. Unban filihok. Crooner, sexicano, ffs it's too hard to list them all. Hell just go through the list of posters who have the most posts here and unban them. That's not even counting the ones that left because this place sucks like Ian and natepro. Examine what is gained from a dying discussion board actively pushing some of its most active members away.

i think if you really want advice, Flea last post summed up what i've heard most often from the more active users around here. Stop with the silly bans/infractions and invite back the posters that were banned unfairly as well those that were left b/c of the way the place was being run.

Say we did allow banned posters to return, how should we go about policing, if at all then? I don't think it's fair for other posters who want to come on here and have a genuine discussion to have to deal with people insulting them because their opinion is different or having posters come into their forum and rub their faces in a tough loss or elimination. That could push them away too. They shouldn't have to put up with that. We should have some civility also.

I think there has to be some type of consequence for posters who are continuously *******s.

This may not be accepted, but what if we lessened the time for bans and extended the amount of points in order to be permbanned?

Say we did allow banned posters to return, how should we go about policing, if at all then? I don't think it's fair for other posters who want to come on here and have a genuine discussion to have to deal with people insulting them because their opinion is different or having posters come into their forum and rub their faces in a tough loss or elimination. They shouldn't have to put up with that. We should have some civility also.

I think there has to be some type of consequence for posters who are continuously *******s.

What if we lessened the time for bans and extended the amount of points in order to be permbanned?
    yea you def cant just say nobody should ever be perma banned... Then the inmates run the asylum... I think people just want others to return because of how lively the place use to be. I wish the hockey forum would return

Say we did allow banned posters to return, how should we go about policing, if at all then? I don't think it's fair for other posters who want to come on here and have a genuine discussion to have to deal with people insulting them because their opinion is different or having posters come into their forum and rub their faces in a tough loss or elimination. That could push them away too. They shouldn't have to put up with that. We should have some civility also.

This may not be accepted, but what if we lessened the time for bans and extended the amount of points in order to be permbanned?

Most of the active users that were banned or chased of this site were not constantly insulting people or akways being disruptive. PSD at some point decided that it was a moderators job to cultivate the type of conversation that took place on this site. I know you guys have taken a step back from that and that's good. i still think the place is over moderated. Anyway, the only way to make up for the damage this site did to itself is to attract new users or get back old ones. I think you should try both

To be fair, how many posters have been pushed away by this over the amount of posters that left because of being permabanned or just saw the site crumbling? I'm going to bet more people left because of the objectivity and just overall poor quality of the moderation/posters here.

There's a reason posters stick around, the good ones stay because they either know how to handle eachother (self-policing as flea stated) and generally enjoy the site and community. Ones that get offended won't stay around and there isn't anything wrong with that. Jeffy for example has to be one of the most **** on mods/members. I have had conversations with people about how much they hate him. He's probably one of the best posters here and does have a lot of respect from posters now. It's posters like that that make this site better, not newbies or children that are just going to get easily offended and run away.

Ian was a friend on this site and I didn't always agree with him, but he outright left this site when everything took a **** with the hacking. Good posters leave because of the crap this site has. I would've left already if it wasn't for me having a desk job again. I come here to take some breaks when prior, with a better community here, I would come more to shoot the ****. There aren't many posters like that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

If we did bring back banned posters, it would be very difficult to go through the banned list because there is 424 pages of it, and a lot of that are spam accounts. Not saying it's not happening, but searching through those pages will be VERY time consuming.

Can't you sort by post count? I guarantee 75+% would be less than 100 posts.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I have to double check, but I don't believe so.

Honestly, I don't really think anything can be done to get this forum back to the way they were. Forums are a dying breed in general. HFITG, PSD.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast