Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    To be honest I haven't watched much of that position. It's not a high need, so haven't really focused on it. I'm a big fan of taking BPA though so if McCaffrey is BPA, by all means grab him IMO.
    If he is BPA I think you do grab him but with the CBA the position matters more than before imo. I would rather add another quality corner or edge rusher before going McCaffrey. As for Samuel and Kamara. Watch. Now. So explosive and really are not that far off from McCaffrey

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Just a heads up I don't use (REPEAT DO NOT USE) highlights to analyze prospects. I watch hours of film on draftbreakdown.com... that said, here are some highlights haha

Curtis Samuel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkk1MNuGA4

Alvin Kamara
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEzJRVvRq8

Seriously watch Kamara and Samuel. DR CY seal of approval. So much fun.

I prefer Kamara as a RB to McCaffrey (better frame to take punishment. 5'10 215)
    I prefer Samuel as a slot weapon to McCaffrey (shiftier, just has better route concepts right now)

McCaffrey is a mix of the two. I have McCaffrey higher on my board BUT not by enough to justify taking McCaffrey round 1 when one of these guys could be had round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post

What I don't understand is all the love for OJ Howard. Yes, he is awesome, but with all the TE's we have, have recently drafted, and trading a 5th rounder for AJ Derby just months ago, I can't see Elway going in that direction. Elway seems more likely to live with his decisions and give them time to thrive or bust.....but it seems like he will certainly go in a direction other than TE.

We do have a bunch of good young TEs on the roster... but all of them are solid TE2 types. Howard is a true difference maker in the middle of the field with his size and smooth route running as well as a monster blocker. He would be a true TE1 that we haven't had since... well I guess Sharpe (julius was a TE1 but he was a horrible blocker). OJ projects to be a top 5 TE in the NFL. I really doubt he makes it to us, he is just too good and the number 1 pass catcher (over any WR) on my board given just his overall skill set. I know we don't need TE but for me the way I look at this class, there is OJ and then there is everyone else. Also if we can't get a tackle round 1, might as well get the next best thing and get the best blocking TE in this class. Drafting OJ makes Green expendable too whom we can cut, save around 3 millionish (he is gone soon anyways wish his injury history and seemingly regressing skill set). One of Derby or Heuerman will be a fine fine TE2. Also from my job I have at MHH I have some inside sources.. Denver met with OJ at Senior Bowl and were super impressed with his maturity and intelligence coupled with his overall talent. I don't think he makes it to 20, but if he does he would probably be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Just a heads up I don't use (REPEAT DO NOT USE) highlights to analyze prospects. I watch hours of film on draftbreakdown.com... that said, here are some highlights haha

Curtis Samuel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkk1MNuGA4

Alvin Kamara
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEzJRVvRq8
    Samuel is faster than Kamara, but his highlights don't seem as impressive to me. It looks like he has good lanes on most of those highlights so he just needs to run fast through good lanes....but no doubt he is fast.

Kamara, who I had never heard of, looks great because of how many tackles he breaks. Although not as fast, he still gets lots and lots of yards after contact.

Tyreek Hill was only there because he's a piece of **** human being. I'd never want Denver to draft a scumbag who beat the hell out of his pregnant girlfriend, threw her across the room and broke her jaw.
    Ugh! I didn't know that about Hill. Super glad we don't have him - what a POS.

We do have a bunch of good young TEs on the roster... but all of them are solid TE2 types. Howard is a true difference maker in the middle of the field with his size and smooth route running as well as a monster blocker. He would be a true TE1 that we haven't had since... well I guess Sharpe (julius was a TE1 but he was a horrible blocker). OJ projects to be a top 5 TE in the NFL. I really doubt he makes it to us, he is just too good and the number 1 pass catcher (over any WR) on my board given just his overall skill set. I know we don't need TE but for me the way I look at this class, there is OJ and then there is everyone else. Also if we can't get a tackle round 1, might as well get the next best thing and get the best blocking TE in this class. Drafting OJ makes Green expendable too whom we can cut, save around 3 millionish (he is gone soon anyways wish his injury history and seemingly regressing skill set). One of Derby or Heuerman will be a fine fine TE2. Also from my job I have at MHH I have some inside sources.. Denver met with OJ at Senior Bowl and were super impressed with his maturity and intelligence coupled with his overall talent. I don't think he makes it to 20, but if he does he would probably be my pick.
    Wow. You certainly know a lot more about this than me, but with the needs we have and a weak FA class, I was expecting that we would have to take a position of need with our #20 pick and couldn't afford to simply take bpa - even though having a great blocking TE would somewhat help our weak OL.

Ugh! I didn't know that about Hill. Super glad we don't have him - what a POS.
    Yeah the NFL is disgusting for promoting his sorry ***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU2PN0xXTUQ

Kamara is a super fun player to watch. It's hard to explain his ability to break tackles... he is so shifty and quick its almost like he can get to the very perimeter of a player's tackle radius and then break their weak arm tackles. If he gets into open space, he is so agile and fast with great vision when setting up his blockers at the second level. DBD (draftbreakdown) just released this tape of him. Fun to watch.

I do worry about how he carries the ball and runs a tad upright. Could lead to some fumbles. But man he is pretty darn close to mccaffrey in my eyes. Also has way less usage so going to be more fresh.

Kamara is a super fun player to watch. It's hard to explain his ability to break tackles... he is so shifty and quick its almost like he can get to the very perimeter of a player's tackle radius and then break their weak arm tackles. If he gets into open space, he is so agile and fast with great vision when setting up his blockers at the second level. DBD (draftbreakdown) just released this tape of him. Fun to watch.
    I'm honestly not interested in Kamara at all. He's a carbon copy of Hillman from what I've seen (The videos you shared and a couple others). Very similar size, Hillman might be a tad faster, similar running style, and the ability to break tackles in college that they won't break in the NFL.

If I had to choose between the two that you showed, I'd probably go Samuel. But I don't think either are up to snuff with McCaffrey, honestly.

I'm honestly not interested in Kamara at all. He's a carbon copy of Hillman from what I've seen (The videos you shared and a couple others). Very similar size, Hillman might be a tad faster, similar running style, and the ability to break tackles in college that they won't break in the NFL.
    He has 15 pounds on hillman did if he weighs in at 215 at the combine like he has reported, and he is wayyy more elusive than hillman ever was. Also much better going downhill through the line. Playing against the SEC behind a poor line against good competition as well. I wouldn't take him round 1, but round 2 (depending on tests confirming his tape. If he lays an egg he will drop obviously) seema about his range. I like Samuel a lot as well and he is a top 50 player on my board right now.

Good stuff. He breaks tackles - he certainly won't break as many in the pros, but he looks CJ Anderson-ish with a low center of gravity that allows him to stay up when others would have gone down and he has some good moves.
    Nevertheless, I am still worried that Elway won't be able to fill our weaknesses in FA and we will have to go more towards need than the luxury of BPA in the draft.

Good stuff. He breaks tackles - he certainly won't break as many in the pros, but he looks CJ Anderson-ish with a low center of gravity that allows him to stay up when others would have gone down and he has some good moves.
    Nevertheless, I am still worried that Elway won't be able to fill our weaknesses in FA and we will have to go more towards need than the luxury of BPA in the draft.
    With a projected 5 picks in the first 100 selections and 7 in first 150, we can afford to wait on a position if a really good talent falls to us.

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast