Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    I fell in love with it when I read Malik McDowell. He is my hope.

It was a good read overall!

I also see you do a lot of film prep, have you watched film on Austin Carr WR Northwestern? PFF rated him the number 1 WR in college this past year. Big ten he dominated. Watching highlight film no one can cover the guy, although it was highlight tape. A natural slot receiver. Wondering if there is information on him because most sites have him undrafted and I am trying to find out why. I guess you will know more during his combine.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    I fell in love with it when I read Malik McDowell. He is my hope.

It was a good read overall!

I also see you do a lot of film prep, have you watched film on Austin Carr WR Northwestern? PFF rated him the number 1 WR in college this past year. Big ten he dominated. Watching highlight film no one can cover the guy, although it was highlight tape. A natural slot receiver. Wondering if there is information on him because most sites have him undrafted and I am trying to find out why. I guess you will know more during his combine.
    I would take him round 5 on if you are absolutely taking a slot guy. He lacks athletic upside and special teams upside (i don't see him being a returner or a gunner). Will need to show well in agility drills.

He does have good hands and runs decent routes. He does need to work on going up for balls rather than letting them into his frame. Also jumps on some balls where he could just extend. But he is solid and I am a fan. As a 'pure' slot he is just a tier under Ryan Switzer for me. I want to get an explosive slot who can offer play on outside and return kicks and our punts.

Coming Soon to a Backfield Near You!
    Von Miller and Bradley Chubb

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Last year I said I'd love to get McCaffrey in the 1st and Howard in the 2nd. The way Saban refused to use him, I thouht Howard in the 2nd was a really possibility. But with his performance/interviewing at the Senior Bowl this week, not looking so good. Very possible neither will be there at 20 now actually, which would suck. I really don't want them to reach for a lineman in a crap lineman draft, especially when he'll likely be a detriment to the line short term.

I think McCaffery could fall to the 2nd. His last year was not as good and some defenses stopped him cold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Okay, then..on to the draft and FA.
    I'd love to hear what any of you think about this guy:

Garett Bolles

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4228956-1...picked-himself

Aiight doc, Mock up My boy Cooper Kupp from EWU..... All time college WR record holder! Wouldn't mind taking a look at this kid in the 2nd or 3rd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I would take Kupp in the 2nd or 3rd but I think he will go top of round 2 and I would rather take a guy round 3 or 4 just based on value. Carlos Henderson, Taywan Taylor, Amara Darboh, Ryan Switzer, Zay Jones for example

I was on the bolles train before anyone else I can guarantee it (i had us taking him round 1 in my thanksgiving mock) but i have dropped on him a tad... he is older (going to be 25 didn't know that at the time was just evaluating him on film) and at that age, with only one year of tape, I just have worry about his bust potential. He is a guy I think will fall to round 2 unless he explodes at the combine.

I would take Kupp in the 2nd or 3rd but I think he will go top of round 2 and I would rather take a guy round 3 or 4 just based on value. Carlos Henderson, Taywan Taylor, Amara Darboh, Ryan Switzer, Zay Jones for example

I was on the bolles train before anyone else I can guarantee it (i had us taking him round 1 in my thanksgiving mock) but i have dropped on him a tad... he is older (going to be 25 didn't know that at the time was just evaluating him on film) and at that age, with only one year of tape, I just have worry about his bust potential. He is a guy I think will fall to round 2 unless he explodes at the combine.

Thanks for your thoughts. I really like his story - reminds me a lot of Wolfe's story.
    I hope Bolles does really well at the Combine and truly is a franchise left tackle and we get him.
    But, if we don't, what I want the most is a true franchise left tackle. We need "that guy", whoever he is, desperately.

There honestly might not be a true LT in this class... I could see Ramczyk or Bolles or maybe Garcia... but no real true obvious LTs like the last few years... I still have robinson has my number 1 just because we are transitioning to a power scheme and need a good Rt who might develop into a LT

I talk about Bolles more in depth here in this older piece I did. Like I said, i ahve dropped some on
    http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...p-10-prospects

Bolles' story is awesome, but it always makes me nervous drafting an older player with a premium pick. I think he was 24 this year. That means he was going against guys as young as 18. In a sense, he was a man among boys. But like Doc said, if it's not the 1st round, I'd be down.

I just can't get on board overdrafting for a lineman in a crappy line class, at least not in the 1st round. He won't make much of an impact immediately and he won't be the BPA. Things could change as they always do post combine, but I'd rather go the route of FA or even give a few of our other young guys a shot to redeem themselves.

I talk about Bolles more in depth here in this older piece I did. Like I said, i ahve dropped some on
    http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...p-10-prospects
    Great reading! Thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Great reading! Thanks for posting that.
    i did 2 others as well. I have updated my big board since then (rising solomon thomas... dropping a few) just as a heads up lol

Also everyone here please join me in pushing against the denver media pushing the christian mccaffrey narrative... http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...rey-in-round-1

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast