Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft

found an offensive tackle i actually like pretty good. i haven't heard much about him yet but I think his stock is pry going to be moving up sooner than later.
    Broncos' Christmas Wishlist: Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

1. Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisonsin
    One of the more talented OTs and lineman in the draft (could be him or Feeney from Indiana or maybe Nelson from Notre Dame). Good athlete, long arms, good in space, is still somewhat raw but getting better. Can play LT which is a plus while being good in run game.
    2. Dede Westbrook WR/KR/PR Oklahoma
    Electric in space, down the field or on short passes. Has a John Brown vibe to him. We could use more chunk plays on special teams and in the return game. We have a pretty good young roster with a plethora of picks, so adding a weapon here is good for the roster and the offense.
    3. Montravius Adams DT/DE Auburn
    Big and long disrupter. Was a five star recruit out of High School but took some time to develop. This year he is finally starting to show why he was such a high rated recruit. Strong at the point of attack and very good at using his length and power to push off blocks slip through the gap. Can play 5 Tech and even some nose in this defense.
    3ci. Chidobe Auwuzi CB Colorado
    This guy's stock is across the board, and wouldn't be surprised if it is higher come draft day. Very good in coverage and in space and a plus one in the run defense department. Good enough athlete to stay with most receivers and plays with good instincts. Antwoine Winfield reminicent. Kayvon might not be back and Talib is getting older... Also Roby is a FA soon so just securing depth here is a smart idea.
    3cii. Jalen Reeves-Maybin ILB Tennessee
    JRM has dealt with injuries at Tennessee, which is why he falls down here. But on tape he is a terror. One would like better size (not huge) but he is very good in coverage because he is a plus athlete and one of the better guys at being a sideline to sideline linebacker. His health-checks at the combine will really change his draft stock, but for now, third is about right.
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 10-27-2016 at 09:28 AM.

1. Jake Butt TE- Its been a revolving door without a TE that can help our QB's. Jake is a top end talent, big fast, and a better route runner than Howard. Not to mention he can block.
    2. Lowell Lotulelei NT- He is going to slip. Not versatile, pretty much a run stuffer. Measurements will hurt him but the dude clogs holes which has been terrible this year.
    3. Roderick Johnson T- one of the most athletic tackles in this draft. He is a bully in the run game but he will drop because he struggles against the pass rush, personally though Kubiaks offense fits him well.
    3. Chidobe Auwuzi CB- Pretty much above. Can step in and be great in the dime package immediately. Good 4th CB.
    3. Jarron Jones cii- Depends what you think of this man. Talent wise he is better than this. Problem is, the injury history will have him drop. But I personally love his size and the ability to disrupt in the pass game.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    1. Jake Butt TE- Its been a revolving door without a TE that can help our QB's. Jake is a top end talent, big fast, and a better route runner than Howard. Not to mention he can block.
    2. Lowell Lotulelei NT- He is going to slip. Not versatile, pretty much a run stuffer. Measurements will hurt him but the dude clogs holes which has been terrible this year.
    3. Roderick Johnson T- one of the most athletic tackles in this draft. He is a bully in the run game but he will drop because he struggles against the pass rush, personally though Kubiaks offense fits him well.
    3. Chidobe Auwuzi CB- Pretty much above. Can step in and be great in the dime package immediately. Good 4th CB.
    3. Jarron Jones cii- Depends what you think of this man. Talent wise he is better than this. Problem is, the injury history will have him drop. But I personally love his size and the ability to disrupt in the pass game.
    Not bad. If this is how it fell i wouldn't be mad. I do like Jarron Jones. Also a guy I like who hasn't got a lot of publicity but has that h/w/s combo you want at 5 tech. Nazair Jones from North Carolina.

1. Dan Feeney OG Indiana
    This move sends max garcia to bench where he becomes a plus and can play OG or OC. Feeney pry the best olineman in this class and falls because he plays guard. Dallas and Washington and Steelers aren't complaining about their investment early in the draft at the position so I am thinking this would be a good move. Run game is an extension of the defense, and we must get better up front. Feeney has great balance, heavy hands, and good core strength. Could play in a power scheme or a zone scheme equally well. It's time Denver invested in talent on the oline, and feeney is as good as they get.
    2. Montravius Adams DE/DT Auburn
    The more i look, the less thrilled i am with the defensive lineman class. lots of raw guys who need to go back. Adams pry shoots up higher than this. He is big long and has explosion. Would play 5 tech for us but could move to nt in sub packages. He can shoot the gap as well as anyone in this class and has size and strength to effect the run game. Needs to get more consistent and keep his motor hot, but he has made tremendous strides this year and has the size and athleticism to get even better going forward.
    3. Chad Wheeler OT USC
    one of my favorite tackles in this class, but dude can't stay healthy. Has started over 30 games in his career, but has had some serious injuries that has caused him to miss time. Taking a guy with injury history is a risk, but he has top tackle in the class talent. Keep building the trenches. Very good in space with decent pad level given his height. Could play LT or RT. I don't think he starts right away, and he may struggle with injuries, but adding depth at tackle and a high upside guy at that in round 3 is about all one can ask for.
    3ci. Chidobe Auwuzie CB Colorado
    Very underrated corner, has the size and speed and ball skills we look for. Aggressive and plays with attitude. Versatile enough to play slot and boundary corner and is good in coverage, run support AND blitzing. I don't really see many weaknesses in his game other than that he plays for a poor program from an NFL talent standpoint (sorry buff fans) and the Pac 12 isn't great. Still, his tape is good, he has a track record, and he checks all the boxes i want in a corner.
    3cii. Jeremy Sprinkle TE Arkansas
    quickly becoming my favorite TE in this class. Very tall, long arms with a magnificent catch radius. Also a very good inline blocker. His stats won't jump out because the style of offense Arkansas runs, and he was more of the blocking guy last year with Hunter Henry with him, but he offers a higher upside in redzone and blocking. Him and Virgil Green together would take this kubiak offense to the next level. Adding Sprinkle really well be huge in the redzone for us, as we have missed a size guy that can create mismatches in the last 20 yards.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1...y-the-trenches

latest and greatest work from yours truly

*whistles while waiting for bravekid, lucky, mg, mud, etc to give opinion*
    haha
    Last edited by Dr Cyanide 28; 11-01-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Want to read some bronco football, but tired of the fighting about QB and don't want to relive the sadness of yesterday's loss? How about a look to the future?

Had the day off and starting the new job soon... so decided to do a little freelance writing about Bronco Football... Best way for me to cope with the team performing poorly is for me to look to how I would fix it.
    Enjoy

http://www.milehighreport.com/2016/1...-going-forward

That was a good read Doc. Thanks!

You are welcome. Starting to see the cracks in the roster but no NFL team is perfect, key is finding the right guys who fit and can improve you. Main thing for me is improving the trenches though. We need more talent up front to establish physical dominance and that isn't happening right now.

Alright well here is my latest mockÖ donít kill me for not going oline heavy. I watch a decent amount of film and this class just is really underwhelming. Even if we do go oline early, those guys arenít going to make a huge difference year one in my opinion. Instead, I think Denver should use their money on offensive line this season and get immediate impact there. Therefore, this draft for me is about finding guys who will be pushing to start in 2018-2019. Also with our ability we have shown taking and developing oline, I think I would rather Elway use finances on the Oline and continue to draft and develop defensive studs.

1. Zach Cunningham ILB Vanderbilt
    Todd Davis is average, and Zaire Anderson/Corey Davis are just fillers imo. Zach Cunningham is my favorite offline LB in this class and offers extreme versatility with his size, speed, ability to get of blocks, and coverage ability. He is very efficient in his routes to the ball and for being so tall, he just slips off blockers with a slithering snake-like ability. Given his height, that is something one would be concerned about as he loses leverage, but he plays with great pad level and can knife around those guys. His length really makes him a huge plus in zone and man coverage and could really help this defense in its struggles against pass catching RBs and TEs.His game against Georgia was as good as any LB I have seen this season. He needs to get stronger and better and finishing his tackles, but the upside is Jamie Collins like.

2. Jarron Jones DL Notre Dame
    Inconsistent and have had multiple injuries that have lead to ineffectiveness. However Jones is still one of the most disruptive lineman in the country. This yearís class does not compare with last year at DL, but Jones is by far one of the best and just going to get better. Run stuffing DL are a dime a dozen in todayís NFL, but guys who can effect the pass game while being stout in the run game are what change defenses. Jones literally destroyed Kaaya and the Miami offense when they played 2 weeks ago. I also am a fan of Montravius Adams but I feel Jones is a better gap type player and a better fit for what Wade likes to do.

3. Chidobe Auwuzie CB Colorado
    One of the smoothest and more physical corners in this class whom I wouldnít be shocked if he rocked up after the senior bowl and combine. He can literally do it all. Zone, Man, Press, Play off, blitz, tackle, set the edge. Auwuzie is antone winfield 2.0. Whoever gets this kid is going to be stoked. He has prototype size and instincts for the position as well. Roby is a FS soon as is Doss, Webster is leaving, and Talib is getting older. This is a fantastic CB class and we would be wise to add talent to one of the most important positions on our roster.

3ci. Vincent Taylor DT/NT
    The big 12 is not known for defense, but defensive studs do play there. Taylor falls in this category. He is very disruptive, strong, and disciplined. Very good punch and pressing the center. Also does a great job of anchoring against the run and getting his hands up in the air to take away passing lanes. He destroyed a future NFL center in WVUís Orlosky and has a knack for blocking kicks, which being 6-3, indicates some great athleticism on his part. Needs to get stronger and not a plug and play (which defensive lineman outside the top 20 is?) but I see a future starter.

3cii. Demetrious Cox S Michigan State
    Athletic freakÖ Michigan State has a very bad team this year, and unfortunately are playing Cox all wrong. He should be much closer to the line of scrimmage then he is. This is my Ward replacement in the near future but should be a special teams ace day one given his athletic profile. A very very deep class at safety and CB so I am going to take talent over need. I am really leaning towards him returning right now because this is a great S class and with another year growing and refining his technique and the game slowing down for him, he could be a future top 40 selection (that good of an athlete). For now though, I will put him here and hope.

4. Braden Smith OG Auburn
    One of my favorite players in the entire Draft, Braden Smith is mean and tenacious and just the type of player you want for a more smashmouth based offensive scheme. He does look semi-slender so I am not sure how much stronger he can get, but he already is very strong and likely just needs refinement on technique. He plays very low with a good center of gravity and has a great initial punch that can really knock a defender back. Given what appears to be good arm length, he does a good job keeping his mitts on opposing dlineman. He is the best player on the Auburn offense and a huge reason for their success on the ground all season. He is too stiff and rigid to play tackle (where he was recruited) but his athleticism is a plus at guard.

5. Andreus Knappe OT UCONN
    One of my favorite tackles in this class. He does not offer the athleticism to ever be a LT in my mind, but he is a mauler with fantastic length and tenacity. Does a decent job of staying balanced and not reaching when in space, which is key for any zone scheme. He will get burnt by some speed rushers on the right from time to time, but with better technique he can learn to handle them better. Also just has the frame to be great. 6í8" with a tremendous wingspan, if he gets his mitts on you you are gonna have a bad time. He is still very raw because he has only been playing a few years (kid is from Denmark) but he looks to be a high upside RT with a skillset that could really help the Broncos offensive line.

6. Scott Orndoff TE Pittsburgh
    I donít know how people arenít talking about this kid, but one of my favorite sleeper TEs in this class that just screams Kubiak TE. He just dominated Clemson this last week and has shown a versatile skillset in his ability to block, run (yes I said run.. the shovel pass that pitt uses is something denver should look into as it really messes with those safeties and lbs) and receiving ability. He has the size you look for in a TE (6í6" 250) and tough mentality to to stick his nose in run blocking and tough catches over the middle. He isnít an elite athlete, but he is savvy enough to find a spot in zone or use his body to block out defenders and make plays on the ball. Complete TE that should get more buzz as the draft gets closer.

7. Jamaal Williams RB BYU
    Not sure how realistic this selection is, but I am a big Jamaal Williams fan. He is older, playing for a smaller program, and this looks to be a solid RB class so maybe he falls, but from what I see on tape this is one of the better RBs in the class. He does run a little up right and isnít super shifty, but he has great balance, good burst, and great cut back ability. His vision and feel for running is one of the things that really stands out to me and would be an excellent addition to our RB core. He does show flashes in pass catching and pass blocking but what RB coming in doesnít need work here? Him leaving the program earlier (alcohol incident, dang mormons lol) might be a flag to some teams, but him coming back and playing like this is more a show of maturity to me then anything. We will see if he is here, but if he is we should pounce.

7c. Janarion Grant WR/KR/PR Rutgers
    Being I havenít been really watching much film on WR yet (besides some of the smaller quick guys like Dede Washington, Ryan Switzer, and John Ross) I am just going to plug in an athlete here. Grant was having a phenomenal season before it was cut short against Iowa where he suffered a pretty gruesome injury. Grant is not huge (5í9") and not a great route runner as of now, but man he is elusive and fun to watch i the open field. Denver has a great defense and great special teamsÖ but we have really been missing that return element that would take the entire team to the next level with consistent returns with the chance of breaking one. Grant is raw and has not played on a good team, so maybe over time he could develop into more than just a return ace, but end of round 7 and considering the state of Denverís roster (we are pretty good guys) getting this type of weapon late is worth the selection.

Miss me guys? lol

Hate to be the guy who pimps my own work... but in case anyone is interested I have been doing some work for mile high huddle over the last month. About an article a week mainly focusing on roster, player development, and of course the NFL Draft. Here are my last two articles:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...p-10-prospects

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...rospects-11-20

I WELCOME ALL CRITIQUE. I'm not the type to get butthurt and take things personally lol

Obviously I love the draft. Love it. And I specifically love the draft as it pertains to the broncos specifically... and want to get better with it and wonder if there is a niche market here. so comments and whatnot are all welcome

i just finished prospects 21-30 yesterday. Will pry go up on the website this weekend.

also this doesn't reflect my current big board to a 't' (solomon thomas is in top 5) but its close haha

I just read your first article above and enjoyed it a great deal. Very well done, Doc. I look forward to reading the other one later when I have time. Keep it up.

Great work as usual. Good reads. I personally enjoy reading your posts. I find them filled with well thought out information. Your work far surpasses PSD level. Good to see others have a chance to read your stuff outside of here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Thanks for the kind words guys. You know I have always been a draft nut... lol i have evolved though. Now I do film analysis and do my own thoughts on guys, rather than just taking media reports. Just got to keep getting better! no one bats 1.000 but man, no sense in NOT trying lol

here is the next rendition of the big board!

http://www.scout.com/nfl/broncos/sto...rospects-21-30

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast