4. Ryan Switzer Slot WR/PR
    5. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
    5c. Vincent Taylor DT/NT Oklahoma State
    Broncos' Christmas Wishlist: Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold

#GoHawkeyes #FightForIowa #ANF

Montravius Adams is my boy this year.

I don't know but I hope that a NT and DE are a high priority either in FA or the draft.

I don't know how I feel about our offensive line. Paradis is a pretty solid center, Okung is a good LT, but not sure if he's here next year. Garcia has been really bad at LG, and Stephenson isn't anything special at RT but he's serviceable. Schofield has been alright at RG.

Here are my wants in the draft/FA:

1. NT
    2. DE
    3. G
    4. ILB
    5. TE
    6. RT

We have a lot of cap space next year, so hopefully we can get these issues taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't know but I hope that a NT and DE are a high priority either in FA or the draft.

I don't know how I feel about our offensive line. Paradis is a pretty solid center, Okung is a good LT, but not sure if he's here next year. Garcia has been really bad at LG, and Stephenson isn't anything special at RT but he's serviceable. Schofield has been alright at RG.

Here are my wants in the draft/FA:

1. NT
    2. DE
    3. G
    4. ILB
    5. TE
    6. RT

We have a lot of cap space next year, so hopefully we can get these issues taken care of.
    Corner has to be high. Roby has one year left and Talib could be gone. This is the best CB class in a long time. Gotta grab one early!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    Corner has to be high. Roby has one year left and Talib could be gone. This is the best CB class in a long time. Gotta grab one early!
    I think Talib has 1 year left in Denver after this season. I think Roby gets extended after this season as well.

Talib is owed like 10-12 next year if I'm not mistaken next year. He's been elite, loved by his teammates and is oddly a leader in the locker. His deal is a freaking steal. Crappier CBs are getting paid 15+, due to market value and inflating cap. None of that's gonna change. Really, he should be asking for a contract extension. Assuming no major suspension or further issues, I can't fathom why he'd be let go. I truly can't.

You're the man when it comes to drafts, Doc, but I just can't dig drafting a CB. Other than Von, IDK if there's been a better player defensively this year for us. Ignore the picks, he's still been the best CB this year IMO. Last year he was great too. I do hope Roby is extended, but what's the net gain of salary cutting Talib and extending him now? And doesn't Roby has the 5th year option? If Talib's play sucked and/or was a crappy teammate, I get it. But we have the best duo CBs, on under value market deals based on play.

If this is a great crop of talent for CB and we're currently great as far play/depth/contract, more reason to wait a round or two, no? If we want to make a splash with a very talented top heavy position, why not go RB?

Ya know I have my take every year on a UW player but here is one we could use for sure he is only a Jr but could come out. John ross fellas will solve our PR/KR problems and could evolve into a slot/burner. I heard last game I watched they clocked him at UW unofficially run a padded 4.2 40! Insane. Dunno where he is projected but we can cut ties with latimer and take this kid later! Would be a steal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Ya know I have my take every year on a UW player but here is one we could use for sure he is only a Jr but could come out. John ross fellas will solve our PR/KR problems and could evolve into a slot/burner. I heard last game I watched they clocked him at UW unofficially run a padded 4.2 40! Insane. Dunno where he is projected but we can cut ties with latimer and take this kid later! Would be a steal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Ross could easily be the first WR taken. Williams from Clemson is solid but he is more of an Alshon Jeffery type. Good but not top 10 level. What about Sidney Jones?

I'm still on the CB round 1. Elway has said he wants LT, QB, Pass Rush, or CB first and our first round picks, outside of Von and Roby, don't get big playing right away. I want to remain elite at corner and edge rusher on defense, so getting an elite talent to groom and get that 5th year option is imperative to maintain the current roster structure, both talent wise and salary wise. I would get behind going a 5 tech round 1 and I would love a tackle round 1, but this draft currently looks pretty damn poor at LT (best one is robinson, and he looks more like a guard than a tackle to me... Johnson has been bad for FSU, McGlinchey is okay but he looks much more like a RT, and it doesn't get much better from there... long ways to go maybe someone will emerge!). I say load up again at CB. I could see us nabbing BPA and then trading up early to mid round 2 for a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    You're the man when it comes to drafts, Doc, but I just can't dig drafting a CB. Other than Von, IDK if there's been a better player defensively this year for us. Ignore the picks, he's still been the best CB this year IMO. Last year he was great too. I do hope Roby is extended, but what's the net gain of salary cutting Talib and extending him now? And doesn't Roby has the 5th year option? If Talib's play sucked and/or was a crappy teammate, I get it. But we have the best duo CBs, on under value market deals based on play.

If this is a great crop of talent for CB and we're currently great as far play/depth/contract, more reason to wait a round or two, no? If we want to make a splash with a very talented top heavy position, why not go RB?
    I still really like Booker for us going forward, but if Cook fell to us I would absolutely jump on it lol

I could be talked into a very good LB or 5 tech round 1 as well though.

Also with how we have been developing talent and how elway is drafted... i feel much more comfortable with him drafting defense then oline.

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    I could be talked into a very good LB or 5 tech round 1 as well though.

Also with how we have been developing talent and how elway is drafted... i feel much more comfortable with him drafting defense then oline.
    Was about to come on here and ask how none of you could want the OL addressed early and perhaps often until i read this. Very true.

He will probably go too high but Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt is a joy to watch. He can shed blocks, make plays behind the line of scrimmage, and plays excellent with his back to the LOS in coverage (something we have had issues with). His length is special too indicating a very high potential to be great in zone coverage (along with being very athletic). He is a Jamie Collins clone.

Also Nazair Jones DL UNC is just a monster. He would be an ideal 5 tech.

With Mike McGlinchey saying he will return to ND next season, this offensive tackle class goes from the worst i have seen in awhile to definitely the worst i have seen (which is like 7 seasons...so not a huge sample size, but still... god awful).

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast