Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2433
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    We should trade JV, Young guys outside of Norman and the pick for howard.

Dont like howards personality but howard, ibaka, Carroll, Demar and lowry would be fun to play.
    Pretty nasty

Lowry
    Demar
    Carroll
    Ibaka
    Howard

SMALL BALL

Lowry/wright
    Demar/Powell
    George/?
    Paterson/poeltl
    Ibaka/lukas

Or

Big ball

Lowry/wright
    Demar/Powell
    George/?
    ibaka/Paterson
    Lukas/poeltl

Powell is becoming untouchable! Explosive and defensive warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish:31466185
    We definitely need another big physical three. He is going to get someone but I'd look for it on the cheap. If we could sign ibaka, Lowry and Paterson I'd wait till next year and go super hard and throw everything at Indiana to land George. Once in a lifetime deals don't come around all the time. Under that scenario val/Carroll/Joseph/wright/ 2017/2018 first round draft picks etc whatever it takes to land him.

How do we improve are chances of getting him? Demar and Lowry need to recruit at all star weekend! Sell him the story what it could be like with ibaka and him.

What would help? Early exit or not making it into playoffs for Indiana. I believe at that point he may force a trade.

It's possible not Impossible
    It would be a dream scenario. I don't think it matters how the Raps play. If Masai thinks he can go all in by adding another star, then he will do it. He said he has full backing from management.

I doubt Indy will let him go though.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

If Detroit trades Jackson, I'd try to trade them CoJo in a package that lands us Morris.

We only want an expiring anyway. Hopefully land a defensive athletic 3/4 in the draft to come off the bench.

Assuming Ibaka and Lowry sign, and Joseph is traded to avoid the luxury... The team is pretty set with a veteran starti lineup and young bench. The only hole on the bench will be backup 3 and backup 4 assuming pp is gone. Not about to put any hope in cabocolo, so MU just needs to fill those positions with young guys. Perhaps we can move poertle for a 3 or 4 and then draft someone in this deep draft to fill the vacancy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    We only want an expiring anyway. Hopefully land a defensive athletic 3/4 in the draft to come off the bench.

Assuming Ibaka and Lowry sign, and Joseph is traded to avoid the luxury... The team is pretty set with a veteran starti lineup and young bench. The only hole on the bench will be backup 3 and backup 4 assuming pp is gone. Not about to put any hope in cabocolo, so MU just needs to fill those positions with young guys. Perhaps we can move poertle for a 3 or 4 and then draft someone in this deep draft to fill the vacancy.
    I think we will still be in luxury tax even if we trade Joseph. I think Ibaka and Lowry will be making at least $50 a year combined (thats conservative guess). So we have to unload Carroll somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    I think we will still be in luxury tax even if we trade Joseph. I think Ibaka and Lowry will be making at least $50 a year combined (thats conservative guess). So we have to unload Carroll somehow.
    I don't believe that to be true. I think we're cool if we let PP and Joseph go.

Correct. but then you're going to be short 3 players.

If the combined salaries of Ibaka and Lowry are more than $50M, without CoJo, we are at $121M. Don't tell me the roster is going to filled out with our current 2 draft picks + MLE player (or undrafted rookie signing?)

hard to make up the missed talent from the bench with that strategy.

Why are we worried about going into the luxury tax again? Didn't Masai already say point blank a while ago that ownership has given him the ok to go into the tax? If this team catches fire and has another solid run in the playoffs than I think Masai will have the money he needs to keep both Ibaka and Lowry. I am not sure if they will be able to keep Patterson though unless no one else appreciates him as much as we do. ...or he just really wants to be here. We already have Siakam, Poeltl, and Carroll who can log minutes behind Ibaka at PF, and Ibaka is a 30+ minute per game player so there won't be that many minutes to go around. As much as we all want him back, not sure it makes sense to give him a major deal to be a bench player if we are able to resign Ibaka.

Lets not be so quick to let Cory Joseph go people, the kid looks to still be improving and has quietly become a pretty solid outside shooter to go with his ability to get into the paint and defend. Look at the outside shooting numbers for him this year:

Nov- 37.0%
    Dec- 42.9%
    Jan- 40.0%
    Feb- 44.4%

He doesn't take a lot of them (because that was Ross and Patterson's job with the second unit), but when they leave him open he has been able to make them pay.

I wouldn't trade him unless it is in a package with Carroll to bring back another all-star at SF, or in a package with Patterson and Sullinger to bring back an all-star SF or C...and I don't see either of those scenarios playing out.

We need to trade CoJo because our roster is imbalanced with 4 PGs and we need to cut costs next year.

I believe Masai will do everything in his power to not be a lux tax team next year because we almost certainly will be in 2018/19 (assuming Ibaka and Lowry are retained) when Powell is going to get a huge payday, and there are harsher penalties for repeat lux tax payers in back to back seasons.

Packaging CoJo with Bruno clears $10M in salaries next season, which would allow us to offer Ibaka/Lowry a combined $54M/year starting next season without being a tax team.

That 54M target could be do-able if they are 5 year deals with a lower AAV, but it's also more risky giving that to players in their decline years.

Edit: Actually it's 52M, not 54M. One or both would be leaving money on the table in order to stay here for that price.
    Last edited by North Yorker; 02-17-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Why are we worried about going into the luxury tax again? Didn't Masai already say point blank a while ago that ownership has given him the ok to go into the tax? If this team catches fire and has another solid run in the playoffs than I think Masai will have the money he needs to keep both Ibaka and Lowry. I am not sure if they will be able to keep Patterson though unless no one else appreciates him as much as we do. ...or he just really wants to be here. We already have Siakam, Poeltl, and Carroll who can log minutes behind Ibaka at PF, and Ibaka is a 30+ minute per game player so there won't be that many minutes to go around. As much as we all want him back, not sure it makes sense to give him a major deal to be a bench player if we are able to resign Ibaka.

Lets not be so quick to let Cory Joseph go people, the kid looks to still be improving and has quietly become a pretty solid outside shooter to go with his ability to get into the paint and defend. Look at the outside shooting numbers for him this year:

Nov- 37.0%
    Dec- 42.9%
    Jan- 40.0%
    Feb- 44.4%

He doesn't take a lot of them (because that was Ross and Patterson's job with the second unit), but when they leave him open he has been able to make them pay.

I wouldn't trade him unless it is in a package with Carroll to bring back another all-star at SF, or in a package with Patterson and Sullinger to bring back an all-star SF or C...and I don't see either of those scenarios playing out.
    The reason people are worried is that being in the luxury tax has further restrictions than just being over the cap. Those restrictions become more if you are a repeat offender. Plus the financial burden of being in the luxury tax is immense, especially if you're not winning championships. The Cavs won and still lost $40m. I have a hard time believing our ownership would be okay with those types of losses for a team that may not even get to the conference finals.

Ya I stand corrected, I didnt realize I accounted for Lowrys player option as well. Hopefully we go on a deep playoff run so both Lowry and Ibaka take a hometown discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxeryll View Post
    Ya I stand corrected, I didnt realize I accounted for Lowrys player option as well. Hopefully we go on a deep playoff run so both Lowry and Ibaka take a hometown discount.
    Lowry and Ibaka will not take a "discount" it will have to be what the market offers them. or slightly less than if its understood in order to take that next step together in their stage of their careers.

I still think Derozan needs to be moved for the purposes of balancing the team and its going to be similar to what Masai did with Melo. It would be funny if they traded Derozan, CoJo plus Bruno, Siakam? and whatever to Denver ... for example of Gallinari, Chandler, Murray, and Gary Harris

Lowry, Wright
    Powell, Murray, Gary Harris
    Carroll, Chandler
    Ibaka, Gallinari
    JV, Patterson
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 02-17-2017 at 04:18 PM.

supposedly Reggie Jackson for Augustine and Jeff Green. Orlando making moves.

Reggie Jackson for CoJo + Sully + (2nd or Bruno). do it.

i dunno, i like Reggie Jackson. lol
    Last edited by koreancabbage; 02-17-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Lowry and Ibaka will not take a "discount" it will have to be what the market offers them. or slightly less than if its understood in order to take that next step together in their stage of their careers.

I still think Derozan needs to be moved for the purposes of balancing the team and its going to be similar to what Masai did with Melo. It would be funny if they traded Derozan, CoJo plus Bruno, Siakam? and whatever to Denver ... for example of Gallinari, Chandler, Murray, and Gary Harris
    I meant discount just like what Demar did last year, he couldve asked for more but didnt. Hopefully Lowry and Ibaka does the same especially Lowry as hes eligible for $36M/yr I believe (correct me if Im wrong).

I am with you, Ive never been a Derozan fan, I would prefer it if hes gone but Im not sure if Masai has the balls to do that kind of trade. Melo asked for a trade I believe so that was a different case. Also, it would be hard to trade Demar without receiving backlash from Raps fans and it would not look good on the organization to trade the player who was very loyal to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    supposedly Reggie Jackson for Augustine and Jeff Green. Orlando making moves.

Reggie Jackson for CoJo + Sully + (2nd or Bruno). do it.

i dunno, i like Reggie Jackson. lol
    We should be shedding salary and not adding. I would only do that if I know Lowrys gone for next season but Im still confident that he'll stay.