Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2433
    No trades.

Never make deals when you're in a position of weakness.

If means the season is lost then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    No trades.

It's not the season that will be lost, but next few seasons. Do you think Lowry will resign if this team loses the home court advantage and drops out in the first round? He's already pissed off about something, and if it looks like more of the same next year, why would he stay?

There's really so little on this team that is so valuable that we can't trade it. Bruno is certainly not on that list. I'm all for not "mortgaging the future" for some improvement now, but apart from Powell, Lowry, and Derozan, there's nobody who's that important to the future. And, I have Powell there just because he *might* turn into something great, although it's looking increasingly unlikely in the current setup.

If this team suddenly lost any of one JV, Ross, Carroll, Bebe, Joseph, Poeltl, Siakam, Sullinger, next years' 2 first rounders, Caboclo, VanVleet... it would hardly matter. So, sure, trade any of them for something that fits this team better, and see what happens. Nobody will miss them.

Looool Bruno would probably get cut then you can just sign him again. Trade his ***. Not like he has superstar potential here.

Lol superstar potential ... I'd be happy if he could be a depth piece I the rotation ...

No one wants that kid.. unless he's included in a deal to make salaries match in a throw in. I just can't imagine a half sensible gm calling up Bruno.

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    No trades.

I dunno if I agree. A trade for this team has been long over due. We have to many pieces rotting on the bench that could be getting opportunities else where. This team needs help in the front court.. if you can get them help by utilizing some of these young prospects and a late pick in the draft you do it while they still have value.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    It's not the season that will be lost, but next few seasons. Do you think Lowry will resign if this team loses the home court advantage and drops out in the first round? He's already pissed off about something, and if it looks like more of the same next year, why would he stay?

There's really so little on this team that is so valuable that we can't trade it. Bruno is certainly not on that list. I'm all for not "mortgaging the future" for some improvement now, but apart from Powell, Lowry, and Derozan, there's nobody who's that important to the future. And, I have Powell there just because he *might* turn into something great, although it's looking increasingly unlikely in the current setup.

If this team suddenly lost any of one JV, Ross, Carroll, Bebe, Joseph, Poeltl, Siakam, Sullinger, next years' 2 first rounders, Caboclo, VanVleet... it would hardly matter. So, sure, trade any of them for something that fits this team better, and see what happens. Nobody will miss them.
    Wouldn't be missed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Looool Bruno would probably get cut then you can just sign him again. Trade his ***. Not like he has superstar potential here.
    Agreed. He's a bust and completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    PP/Ibaka/Val/BeBe is a fantastic diverse balanced front court.
    That front court challenges for best in the league (out of the front courts without a star).

Hmmm.. A player who brings what Val doesn't... Sort of like BeBe? I'd say BeBe is the polar opposite of Val. Or you mean a player that brings what Val doesn't, but is also a true 4 (you know, that massive hole we have in the lineup both starting and on the bench when our only PF goes down)... Like Ibaka?
    I don't agree with that assessment so agree to disagree

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I don't agree with that assessment so agree to disagree

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Yeah I don't see it. Jonas is part of a dying breed that's becoming extinct. Bebe while showing potential, isn't part of a contenders rotation. Ibaka, while nice, is not someone I want to commit huge dollars to. I do love Patterson though. Perfect "bench" big.

Team needs a banger and someone who can bring energy. They need some toughness. They have none of that from any of there bigs.
    Last edited by The Wise 1; 02-14-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    Yeah I don't see it. Jonas is part of a dying breed that's becoming extinct. Bebe while showing potential, isn't part of a contenders rotation. Ibaka, while nice, is not someone I want to commit huge dollars to. I do love Patterson though. Perfect "bench" big.

Team needs a banger and someone who can bring energy. They need some toughness. They have none of that from any of there bigs.
    If I was the gm I'd do two things!

1. Enquire about Paul George for the simple reason we would have 3 stars one of which would be superstar quality in George. What's intriguing about him is he plays the 3 and that's precisely the position we need to stop/contain lebron. George is a two way player and would immediately put us in the contenders talk table.

What could we possibly give to obtain him at this point in his career? We are talking about an all star player/ superstar player at his prime joint Kyle and demar. I would shoot every dart possible even drain the farm to obtain him. We can figure out the 4/5 positions later. Anyone else thought about this idea? Considering the NBA is small ball now we could have Patterson and ? Defensive veteran at the 5?

My point is that I would do whatever is possible and at least try to get him..

2. Get ibaka if possible

Tradeable pieces to obtain the George/ibaka

Top tier

1. Val/Ross/Powell/Paterson/Joseph

Expiring

Sullinger

Draft picks

1. 2 first round draft picks

Plus pascal/Jakob/ bebe etc

Anyone think its obtainable to land at least George?

Every single team in the league would take noguerra right now. He slips right into the rotation with Cleveland, golden state would start him, he would back up Jordan with the clippers for 15-20 minutes a game, he's better than any of bostons bigs outside of 1, the Spurs would get the best out of him...

I don't think people are realizing a) how great he has been defensively, and b) how much better his passing is than most C's. Hes a good teammate who doesn't demand the ball or need touches to get going. The only question about him is do you ask him to put on weight hoping those rebounding numbers go up? Or is his deceiving quickness the secret to his defence?

MU needs to grow a pair. Sounds like some of you are finally starting to see the light. And fwiw, Ibaka or Biz barely push the needle up on this team. Ibaka is declining and Biz is one dimensional, he's a defensive backup big with tons of energy, nothing more. This team needs real talent in its prime or coming to it. Lowry's decline is coming quickly, if it hasn't already started. That's the biggest difference over the last two seasons. Resigning him is going to cripple us for years to come. Mum has his work cut out for him and to be honest, I don't believe he has it in him. He's too friendly, not business minded enough. Always wants to be the good guy.

We need to make a trade for a backup wing just in case of injury. We got 3 C and 4 PF now lol.

We need to make a trade for a backup wing just in case of injury. We got 3 C and 4 PF now lol.
    ?

Hence why I've kicked the idea around of 2Pat getting minutes at the 3. Powell plays the 2 exclusively while Cojo is strictly a backup PG. The Cojo/Lowry pairing has become sort of meh.